Audio, Video and Electronics Have audio, video or electronics questions? Post them in here.

iPod Control with Factory Nav Radio is Here!

Old 05-31-2012, 06:05 PM
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Re: iPod Control with Factory Nav Radio is Here!

Just an update since I've been away for a little while. I'm finishing things up this weekend and everyone will get tracking numbers Monday.

I put everything together for a few extras so if you're thinking about getting one, now is a great time.

Take care and have a great weekend!

Old 05-31-2012, 10:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome! Thanks!

Old 05-31-2012, 11:49 PM
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up Re: iPod Control with Factory Nav Radio is Here!

That is awesome, cant wait to test it out!

Have a great weekend.

Old 06-04-2012, 11:04 PM

Everyone's iControls have shipped and you should have been emailed tracking info. If you received something about the label being canceled, it was because my label printer had a pixel go out and so the bar codes didn't work and they had to be reprinted.

As always, if you have any questions, feel free to email or call.

Take care and enjoy!

Old 06-05-2012, 10:43 AM

Thanks again!

Old 06-06-2012, 05:21 PM

Just got it and it works great! - Except CD10 is acting just like any other playlist and not letting me control with my iPod. Am I doing something wrong?

Old 06-06-2012, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by Catharsis
Just got it and it works great! - Except CD10 is acting just like any other playlist and not letting me control with my iPod. Am I doing something wrong?
If you make a CD10 playlist, you will have a CD10. If you don't, then CD10 is direct access and everything is controlled by the iPod.

Old 06-06-2012, 06:59 PM

Hmm... just tried that and it still didn't work. The radio tried to load CD10 and then went back to the previous CD it was playing and CD10 disappeared from the options when scrolling through the Radio's CD changer list (it went from 9-1 after an unsuccessful attempt at loading 10). Also, my iPhone is showing that it is connected to a docking station and not giving me any control - which makes sense for CDs 1-9, but I'm guessing it should allow me to resume control of my iPhone on CD10?

Old 06-06-2012, 07:18 PM

(I've been hooking my iPhone up through the supplied cable. Should I be hooking it up through my iPhone's USB cable instead?)

Old 06-06-2012, 07:46 PM

Ok, so that was interesting (Thanks Rudy for the pm). Turns out my radio recognizes CDs 1-10 and will play songs on each, but it still uses CD 6 for the iPod Direct Control. Glad we got that figured out.

Old 07-11-2012, 01:16 AM

Are there anymore of these adapters available or will there be another production run?......Dave

Old 07-11-2012, 02:37 PM

I'm still waiting to locate mine since paypal gave out the wrong address. It could be held up in customs, on it's way back to sender or (and i hope not) it's at the old apartment which isn't very receptive of white people.

Old 07-11-2012, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Mirenic
Are there anymore of these adapters available or will there be another production run?......Dave
I currently don't have any more but we can start another round for a group buy. Took awhile to get past the 1-2 mark but when we got to 5, we soon piled up to 10 which was the number of units I got parts for.

1.] Mirenic
2.] ...

Originally Posted by J-Walk
I'm still waiting to locate mine since paypal gave out the wrong address. It could be held up in customs, on it's way back to sender or (and i hope not) it's at the old apartment which isn't very receptive of white people.
I've been keeping an eye out for it but haven't seen or heard anything. Can you find out from customs if they have it by giving them the old address? Let me know if there is anything I can do on my end to help.

Old 07-11-2012, 05:00 PM

I'll probably jump in on this order if I can't find the first one. I did contact Canada Post and they said it was delivered but the people in my old apartment said it wasn't. I think I'm going to go to the RCMP tomorrow to resolve this.

I do have one question though. Was it in a package or an envelope? Canada Post said I'll need to describe the package to the RCMP to verify.

I may just jump in on this buy anyways. I think I'm selling my coupe and getting the SRT-6. Would be a nice addition to the sticker price.

Old 07-11-2012, 06:27 PM

I'll probably jump in on this order if I can't find the first one. I did contact Canada Post and they said it was delivered but the people in my old apartment said it wasn't. I think I'm going to go to the RCMP tomorrow to resolve this.

I do have one question though. Was it in a package or an envelope? Canada Post said I'll need to describe the package to the RCMP to verify.

I may just jump in on this buy anyways. I think I'm selling my coupe and getting the SRT-6. Would be a nice addition to the sticker price.
The box looked like this.

Old 07-11-2012, 06:30 PM

You would have to sign for that! What the hell.. the lady is going to prison. She never got the package my ***.

Old 07-11-2012, 07:09 PM
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

You would have to sign for that! What the hell.. the lady is going to prison. She never got the package my ***.
Umm.. Maybe in Canada? I get priority mail packages quite often without signing...

Old 07-11-2012, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Mrmiata
Umm.. Maybe in Canada? I get priority mail packages quite often without signing...

That was my point. A package like that to my old apartment building would have to be signed for. The new occupant told me that there had been no package delivered to her. This means that the RCMP will have something to go by because there will have to be a signature.

Quick story.. Paypal has been giving people my old address even though I changed it. They wouldn't remove the old address because it was attached to an expired credit card (hold it for 1 year in case of blah blah blah). So some of my mail has been going to the old address even though I have a reroute on it. This just happened to be one of the things that went to the wrong place.

Old 07-11-2012, 09:52 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 629 Likes on 430 Posts

You would have to sign for that!
She never got the package my ***.
Just wonder what one would even do with this item if they don't own a Crossfire or will they even know what the item is for ??
Could this adapt to any other vehicle ??

Old 07-11-2012, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by VALKRYDERGUY
Just wonder what one would even do with this item if they don't own a Crossfire or will they even know what the item is for ??
Could this adapt to any other vehicle ??
Negative Ghost Rider. It's worthless without a Crossfire nav radio.

Quick Reply: iPod Control with Factory Nav Radio is Here!