Audio, Video and Electronics Have audio, video or electronics questions? Post them in here.

uh oh spagghetios!

Old 06-28-2006, 05:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default uh oh spagghetios!

so i went into future shop today so i could ask what type of dvd/nav units i could install in the crossfire i'm getting in a few days, and they tell me that the xfire dash is so proprietary that you'd need to remove the entire instrument panel and create a new one with din slots if you wanted to actually install even a single-slot din after-market cd player.

i think they're a bunch of idiots, but then again i don't have a crossfire yet to look closely enough to find out if they're probably right or not.

so i'm asking all you crossfire owners, is it easy to remove the front radio panel (not for me, but for a shop... keep in mind the harder it is... the more i have to pay) so that place for 2 din slots can be made (where i'd put a dvd/nav system.)... or perhaps even room for one DIN slot (pop-up dvd/nav system)?

please give me your thoughts and previous experiences.

kindest regards,
julian

Old 06-28-2006, 09:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: uh oh spagghetios!

Well the radio slot is only one din so modification would be needed (as well as relocation of something) to fit a two din radio. That is besides the point because if you want a one din aftermarket radio there is no problem at all, a lot of people have done it. I would just go to another shop.

Old 06-28-2006, 10:52 PM
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Re: uh oh spagghetios!

For a single dinn the bezel does not have to be removed.
You need the VW style keys, any installer will have them. Easy job.

Last edited by stryfox; 06-28-2006 at 10:56 PM.