All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

Euro Style Tail light? I have a what...?

Old 11-20-2015, 02:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Euro Style Tail light? I have a what...?

I have only owned my 05 Roadster for 2 months now and I decided to install an illuminated Wind restrictor. In order to do this I had to tap into the Drivers side Tail light. Well, when I got back there I noticed that the previous owner had already tap into the tail light. There was another wire spliced in using a butt clip (I think that's what it is called). It was only then that I began to really look at that back of my car with the lights on. I notice that I only have one reverse light on the passenger side and that same light is amber (red) on the driver side. It took only a few minutes of research on the internet to confirm that I have a Euro Style tail light on the driver side. I then went to looked at my carfax and I see that my car was imported into the U.S. with 3,500 miles on it. After it went through US Customs, the car went to Virgin and then North Carolina. I am assuming that the Original owner was in the Military. The curious thing is that the lights are not wired correctly. The Euro fog light is always on when the head lights are on and I hate the way it looks. It looks like I have a tail light out when the car is running at night and it looks light I have a reverse light out when I am backing up. I am pretty sure that in time I will get rid of this ugly Euro Style Tail light and get a US spec tail light soon. I just have to finish the other projects that I am doing now, so the Euro Tail light will have to wait.

Old 11-21-2015, 01:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Euro Style Tail light? I have a what...?

Have any photos of the lights? I am curious to what they look like.