All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

Attention Admins and forum members

Old 10-02-2015, 08:30 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Attention Admins and forum members

It's has come to the attention of my self and fellow members that this is forum is in need of an overhaul. The forum it's information and many of its members are truly awesome. When a simple search returns 12 pages of results 10 pages of which are the same information or in many cases useless why hold on to that information. Many threads could be deleted by simply deleting threads with less than 1 response and those from members with less than one post and so on. Most post of any value contain 10 or more posts. Another idea might be to limit new members to only view for a period time thus removing the tendency to start an existing thread and forcing them to search. Just a few ideas I'm coming up on some time off and would love to help in this overhaul. Another item of mention is thread titles if we are able to rename titles of threads that strongly describe it's contents it would greatly impove searching!

Just a few thoughts I know most of us are familiar with what threads are what and what Jim did or what Valk bought ( :-) ) or where to find Rudy's post but for new comers it's not so easy thus making the problem worse.

Last edited by jmk41; 10-02-2015 at 08:32 PM.
Old 10-02-2015, 09:38 PM
Received 610 Likes on 510 Posts
Default Re: Attention Admins and forum members

Originally Posted by jmk41
It's has come to the attention of my self and fellow members that this is forum is in need of an overhaul. The forum it's information and many of its members are truly awesome. When a simple search returns 12 pages of results 10 pages of which are the same information or in many cases useless why hold on to that information. Many threads could be deleted by simply deleting threads with less than 1 response and those from members with less than one post and so on. Most post of any value contain 10 or more posts. Another idea might be to limit new members to only view for a period time thus removing the tendency to start an existing thread and forcing them to search. Just a few ideas I'm coming up on some time off and would love to help in this overhaul. Another item of mention is thread titles if we are able to rename titles of threads that strongly describe it's contents it would greatly impove searching!

Just a few thoughts I know most of us are familiar with what threads are what and what Jim did or what Valk bought ( :-) ) or where to find Rudy's post but for new comers it's not so easy thus making the problem worse.
I guess those ideas would just about kill this forum, if you want to regiment what can or cannot be posted then I suggest start your own forum. I do not want you to meddle with my posts or anyone else's.

Old 10-02-2015, 10:08 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=onehundred80;849385]I guess those ideas would just about kill this forum, if you want to regiment what can or cannot be posted then I suggest start your own forum. I do not want you to meddle with.

I don't want to change previous post in away just make informative post more accessible you can have sticky after sticky but you'll never get them all.... This forum is by far the most in depth out of any it may even beat the ls1,2,3,ect its just a shame the information is buried under tons of "crap". I understand the volume of information and it would need to be a group effort to make changes but when you search oil change and get 26 plus pages thats an issue. Im looking for change on thread level. Add a crossfire basics portion and put the most asked questions in it get rid of 50 pages that all lead to a cps or battery. Maybe the solution is to add too not take away.

Old 10-02-2015, 11:23 PM
Received 610 Likes on 510 Posts

[QUOTE=jmk41;849387]
Originally Posted by onehundred80
I guess those ideas would just about kill this forum, if you want to regiment what can or cannot be posted then I suggest start your own forum. I do not want you to meddle with.

I don't want to change previous post in away just make informative post more accessible you can have sticky after sticky but you'll never get them all.... This forum is by far the most in depth out of any it may even beat the ls1,2,3,ect its just a shame the information is buried under tons of "crap". I understand the volume of information and it would need to be a group effort to make changes but when you search oil change and get 26 plus pages thats an issue. Im looking for change on thread level. Add a crossfire basics portion and put the most asked questions in it get rid of 50 pages that all lead to a cps or battery. Maybe the solution is to add too not take away.
I started the thread below some time back and it has had 91,000 hits to date and I add to it when I can.

Index of Crossfire problems, repairs and How To's

It works to some degree, if not search is fine if done correctly.

Last edited by onehundred80; 10-02-2015 at 11:25 PM.
Old 10-02-2015, 11:32 PM
Forum Regular
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

[QUOTE=onehundred80;849388]
Originally Posted by jmk41
I started the thread below some time back and it has had 91,000 hits to date and I add to it when I can.

Index of Crossfire problems, repairs and How To's

It works to some degree, if not search is fine if done correctly.
"AMEN"

Old 10-03-2015, 12:09 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Sorta like the TV show Gold Rush, gotta move a lot of dirt to get to the gold.

Old 10-03-2015, 01:06 AM
Received 503 Likes on 429 Posts

I say (suggest) those in charge leave it the way it is. I am a firm believer that there is never an instance where too much information can be presented. Also, there are a number of different ways to do the same task, and if one makes more sense to one (than another), then so be it. Yeah, I would leave it as it is. Just my $0.02 cents worth.

Old 10-03-2015, 08:30 AM
Forum Regular
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GraphiteGhost
I say (suggest) those in charge leave it the way it is. I am a firm believer that there is never an instance where too much information can be presented. Also, there are a number of different ways to do the same task, and if one makes more sense to one (than another), then so be it. Yeah, I would leave it as it is. Just my $0.02 cents worth.

"AMEN" OH, am I repeating myself?

Old 10-03-2015, 05:56 PM
Received 430 Likes on 378 Posts

My opinion, don't change anything.

Old 10-04-2015, 06:19 PM
Forum Regular
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I know what you mean as I am having a problem with my spoiler up and have read about 500 posts that relate to it but have not found any information to solve it. I know someone suggested adding a "like" as on facebook before and I thought for a while it was added but don't remember what happened (and I didn't search...) As you say maybe adding would be better than removing anything. I think with all the searches that are done a "relevant" button would solve the problem if you could at some later date search by most relevant on top of your issue. It would have been something I used as I went through the many posts which had good info and many that went nowhere. Not sure of the logistics but better than more people having the power to delete posts or threads. My .02 (Cdn.) Ron

Old 10-05-2015, 01:33 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I would not want anything deleted. Maybe if a flowchart troubleshooter could be setup, for known issues with well known clearly defined fixes, that would be great. I know I get frustrated not only with this site, but people in general saying "My car won't start" without saying what all does work. (does it crank at all, can you even turn on the headlights...)