All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

Key fob domed vinyl stickers

Old 01-08-2015 | 09:08 PM
Default Key fob domed vinyl stickers

Found some of these a couple month back. Was unsure of the quality until I received them from Latvia. The photo on Ebay wasn't the sharpest. I was saving my allowance and for the price I figured I'd take a gamble. Needless to say they appear to be just like the emblems that 8H2BL8 used to sell. When I went to leave feedback on ebay (fast shipping, etc) his site was pulled/gone/vanished (?). Today I found these and I'm sure it's from the same vender. http://www.ebay.com/itm/151544668164?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
I like and have used the ones Andrew includes with his decal set, although they do have a tendency to wear of over time.
Maybe this guy is a clone of 8H2BL8 living in Latvia.. It would be nice if he could make the larger ones as well.
Thought maybe someone else might be interested.

Old 01-09-2015 | 09:01 AM
Default Re: Key fob domed vinyl stickers

Unless the sticker has a clear layer over it, the color can rub off the base layer, as you found out. Also the edges can come up over time.

Last edited by eikon; 01-09-2015 at 09:05 AM.
Old 01-09-2015 | 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by eikon
Unless the sticker has a clear layer over it, the color can rub off the base layer, as you found out. Also the edges can come up over time.
I coated my key fob emblem overlay with clear nail polish (specifically Sally Hansen Hard as Nails) and it still looks as good as it did the day I applied it.

Old 01-09-2015 | 07:57 PM
Forum Regular

I have mine from ANDREW.
Have had no problem and they have been on for years.
And like Rob @Needswings, he is always available.

Old 01-09-2015 | 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by deltacrossfirebob
I have mine from ANDREW.
Have had no problem and they have been on for years.
And like Rob @Needswings, he is always available.
Couldn't agree more. Andrew has been a great supporter for this forum and his graphic design skills are top of the line. He's always quick to reply to request and he continues to create new and custom designs for XF owners. We are fortunate to have him as a supporter and member of this forum.

Old 01-10-2015 | 07:04 AM
Forum Regular

I don't know if anyone has noticed but whoever listed those on E-Bay has a 0 Feedback !!
Ken

Old 01-10-2015 | 07:07 PM
Forum Regular

I saw the zero feedback but I bought a couple sets at $5.50 and thought it was worth a look. I have Andrews but these are not the same -all one size and domed not flat decals. Plus who could pass up the free mini Limited Edition stickers! For the price I can just give one to everybody at the next Crossfire meet - Priceless

Old 01-11-2015 | 10:24 PM
Administrator
-C-I-C-C-I Associate Member

Originally Posted by Hindin
Couldn't agree more. Andrew has been a great supporter for this forum and his graphic design skills are top of the line. He's always quick to reply to request and he continues to create new and custom designs for XF owners. We are fortunate to have him as a supporter and member of this forum.
~ thanks guys!

Old 01-14-2015 | 06:22 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by RED DOG
I coated my key fob emblem overlay with clear nail polish (specifically Sally Hansen Hard as Nails) and it still looks as good as it did the day I applied it.

Me too! Not sure the brand tho

Old 01-15-2015 | 05:22 AM
Forum Regular

I agree that Andrews are very nice and have had a set on my car for years and they still look great but these are a bit different. I asked this guy if he could make the Karmann emblems - the ones you used to get for free from Karmann and I sent pictures yesterday - he emailed me today and has just listed on ebay. I will advise when I get them about the quality but other than the "chrome" lettering and logos looking like they are probably silver they look good. Still waiting for my first order but has only been a few days. I know he has zero feedback but am not taking too much of a chance at 6.50 for a set of 4! I gave him dimensions on the originals - you get two normal size and two smaller ones... http://www.ebay.ca/itm/KARMANN-domed...464739&vxp=mtr

Last edited by Reliableron; 01-15-2015 at 05:42 AM. Reason: added ebay link
Old 01-19-2015 | 04:45 PM
Forum Regular

I aked him if he could make the Karman for the front and rear oval between the wings. He said yes but he would need the size. I will be mailing him an extra set I have to have him make the front and rears.

Old 01-23-2015 | 04:54 PM

I would love a new front emblem. I was unable to transfer my domed emblem over when I went with the CF hood.

Old 01-26-2015 | 02:27 PM

From Latvia to Alaska, received these today in the mail. Hard to tell from my photo, but the quality looks great. The vendor is beginning to receive feedback on Ebay - so far so good. I should have stated in my first post that I'm not in anyway affiliated or even know who this person is. However it is nice to see new vendors supporting our cars.

Old 01-26-2015 | 06:05 PM
Forum Regular

Glad they look good Hindin! I haven't got my key fob badges yet but my Karmann ones came in today and they are very nice. Just have to find a place to put them..... He messaged me today that he has made another set of the Karmann with a blue top (stars) red center (Karmann) and a patterned black background on the lower section (wheel) Waiting for them to ebay so I can post a picture. Something different, as Hindin says, not many new suppliers so happy to see these. (and I am not affiliated and don't know the seller either)

Old 01-27-2015 | 07:13 PM
Forum Regular

Here is the new one http://www.ebay.com/itm/KARMANN-domed-badge-vinyl-sticker-set-/151568464082?hash=item234a2f38d2

Old 01-27-2015 | 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by Reliableron
Nice! My order came in within 10 days. I am going to get this as well, not sure where to put them yet. Is he making custom emblems for the front and rear?

Old 01-29-2015 | 08:33 PM
Forum Regular

Got my key fabs. They look good. I would also be interested in some new front and rear domes. Someone used to make the AMG ones with the apple tree, gears and leaves around the sides. I've been looking for similar since with the wheels, hood emblem and hatch emblem.

Old 01-30-2015 | 09:05 AM
Administrator
-C-I-C-C-I Associate Member

Originally Posted by meh03
I would also be interested in some new front and rear domes. Someone used to make the AMG ones with the apple tree, gears and leaves around the sides. I've been looking for similar since with the wheels, hood emblem and hatch emblem.
~ these are the ones i offer... if you're interested.

Picture408.jpg

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...uding-amg.html

partial kits are available too.

Old 01-30-2015 | 09:27 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by andrew
~ these are the ones i offer... if you're interested.

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...uding-amg.html

partial kits are available too.

Andrew, that's what I have now and I like but much prefer the domed style to a sticker. Something like one of these that fits our cars:

Old 02-28-2015 | 07:57 PM

Found another use for the key fob stickers. I think they sent a dozen of them. I'll have to wait until breakup (spring thaw) to see how they hold up to the heat under the hood.

Of course some might consider it blasphemy to cover up the Chrysler logo. Not me. Hehe.