All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Old 04-27-2013, 09:45 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Yanked the alarm siren....hoping that it's the root of the problem, but based in the various alarm problems folks have posted about I'm pretty sure it's the culprit. While I had the cowl off I was able to clean out the drain holes - good thing too as they were completely clogged.
Also put red LED's in the rear side markers. They look good but they trigger the bulb out indicator. They're supposed to be canbus error free...oh well, you get what you pay for & these are offshore cheapies.

Old 04-27-2013, 11:03 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I swapped out a rear pad backing plate and installed the street wheel/tire setup on the rear.

Old 04-28-2013, 07:17 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by grip grip
I swapped out a rear pad backing plate and installed the street wheel/tire setup on the rear.
Any chance of a few pics?

Old 04-28-2013, 03:05 PM
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Buck Spunni
Also put red LED's in the rear side markers. They look good but they trigger the bulb out indicator. They're supposed to be canbus error free...oh well, you get what you pay for & these are offshore cheapies.
Spent $40 bucks on Mercede's compatible LED brake/tail lights.. get bulb out on tail light function.. dunno so much you get what you pay for as just a crap shoot no matter what the claim.

Oh..and bought her a little accessory for travel..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Chrysler-Crossfire-Wheeled-Carry-On-Black-/121098627038?ssPageName=ADME%3AB%3AEOIBSA%3AUS%3A3160&nma=true&si=DBhv6eTuUH0RTyo8A3kQ42ZZ%252FWc%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Last edited by Mrmiata; 04-28-2013 at 03:09 PM.
Old 04-28-2013, 04:09 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Installed the Sprint Boost. I thought it was a gimmick, and wasn't really ready to spend the $270, but I read posts on here and said what the heck! I didn't remove the pedal, i just removed the kick-panel which let me put all the wires behind and route the switch out the heat vent. I haven't taken the car out of the garage yet, since i'm making room for the sleds to go back in and the weathers crap anyway, BUT there seems to be a noticeable difference in the pedal response, from stock to sport. I was pleasantly surprised. Hopefully this translates onto the road. It was an E-bay purchase from Germany, flawless, quick shipping. Now to put in the Euro tune.....and the iridium plugs......and the oil change with cloth filter....and redo the breather gaskets....and darn it!! SOMEONE had to post about leaky air filters and i checked that out and their RIGHT!..now i need a cold air intake. Gah! Maybe ill just drive it...

2004 SSB 6spd Coupe. Annnd...... waiting for nicer weather. Curse you Canada!!

Old 04-28-2013, 04:10 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh..and I want that luggage

Old 04-28-2013, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Drawbar
Oh..and I want that luggage
LOL.. I really didn't want the "full set" as wife has her favorite bags.. so this worked out real well for me.

Old 04-28-2013, 04:50 PM
Forum Regular

I have been working on mine when time permits trying to get her as good as possible. Have not really touched under the hood yet but, even so it doesn't look to bad. So today I took her to her first car show even though the weather was kinda crappy. , It rained all night but by about 11 am the streets were dry so I decided to go. Got there by noon set the car up and at 12:30 it starts to rain, stopped , started again and then the sun came out. Other than the rain it was fun, they put me in the 1988-present class which had at least 30 cars. A Viper, a GTO, a Scion TC, 3 Challengers, 6 Camaro's, 7 Vette's and at least 12 Mustangs. Did not win but, got a lot of great comments and questions about the car. Got caught in a real downpour on the way home so shes needs a good cleaning again (I hate rain). So I guess tomorrow I start working under the hood, she may never win an award but it's fun to show off something that's a lot more unique than Camaro's and Mustang's.

Old 04-28-2013, 05:42 PM
Forum Regular

I bought a pair of Cree LED backup lights, I put one in on the driver's side...looks like a headlight on the back..lol - no error. Then I put the passengers side light in and then got an error
ebay has been making it too dang easy to buy stuff...cheap prices and quick delivery...

Old 04-28-2013, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by coolx
I bought a pair of Cree LED backup lights, I put one in on the driver's side...looks like a headlight on the back..lol - no error. Then I put the passengers side light in and then got an error
ebay has been making it too dang easy to buy stuff...cheap prices and quick delivery...
And I'd guess the passenger side is slightly lit with the key on and in park... Mine weren't canbus - figured I'd live with "light out" while in reverse. Then discovered the glowing light when I left the car running with the wife inside while I ran in to pick up Pizza. Played with the 2w 100 ohm resistors (3 in a series) recommended and still no use. Hung a 25w ceramic on the passenger side and fixed the "glowing" LED. I had that one and called it good. Might get away with the 5w version.

Old 04-29-2013, 09:46 PM

Over the weekend my mechanic had the car. He installed a new thermo coated IC (thanks Rudy and Rob) . While the SC was off he cleaned things up, changed the SC pulley bearing and the SC oil. New plugs and wires completed the work. He said he was impressed with how clean the engine was. Picked it up today and it ran quite nicely. After some 45 mph crusing I saw an IAT of 89* with the ambiant temp of 75*. On a couple of quick sprints the IAT's climbed to the 135*- 140* range and quickly droped back to 115*-117* range. I am happy with the maintaince work.

Old 04-29-2013, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by Bigkid
Over the weekend my mechanic had the car. He installed a new thermo coated IC (thanks Rudy and Rob) . While the SC was off he cleaned things up, changed the SC pulley bearing and the SC oil. New plugs and wires completed the work. He said he was impressed with how clean the engine was. Picked it up today and it ran quite nicely. After some 45 mph crusing I saw an IAT of 89* with the ambiant temp of 75*. On a couple of quick sprints the IAT's climbed to the 135*- 140* range and quickly droped back to 115*-117* range. I am happy with the maintaince work.

Nice! Any pics of the work that Rob and Rudy did? thanks for sharing.

Old 04-29-2013, 11:34 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mrmiata
And I'd guess the passenger side is slightly lit with the key on and in park... Mine weren't canbus - figured I'd live with "light out" while in reverse. Then discovered the glowing light when I left the car running with the wife inside while I ran in to pick up Pizza. Played with the 2w 100 ohm resistors (3 in a series) recommended and still no use. Hung a 25w ceramic on the passenger side and fixed the "glowing" LED. I had that one and called it good. Might get away with the 5w version.
You are correct...the passenger side light glows constantly and the light-out indicator is on. Question: a 5w resistor should eliminate the "glow"? and does the "light out" turn off?

Old 04-30-2013, 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by coolx
You are correct...the passenger side light glows constantly and the light-out indicator is on. Question: a 5w resistor should eliminate the "glow"? and does the "light out" turn off?
I can't swear on a 5w, I had a 25w handy and put it in, and now "light out" only occurs during reverse, and goes out when shifted from the gear. You'll only need the one tied in to the passenger side wiring.

Old 04-30-2013, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by JesseJamessrt6
Nice! Any pics of the work that Rob and Rudy did? thanks for sharing.

Sorry not there when work was done. I will check with the mechanic to see if he took any.

Old 04-30-2013, 01:33 PM
Forum Regular

EuroTune done ...great outcome...next up... time for dyno

Old 04-30-2013, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by crossfireracr
EuroTune done ...great outcome...next up... time for dyno
LOL.. that floored me when the one user claimed "waste of money"... it wouldn't fix his mechanical issues..

But hey I'm just a paid campaign manager right...

Old 04-30-2013, 11:57 PM
Forum Regular

I started cleaning under the hood, Still have the underside of the hood to do but looking pretty good already.

crossfiremay16_zpsd7e46ab6.jpg

Old 05-01-2013, 12:09 AM

I wish I could keep the road grime/sand out from under my hood area! Maybe the undertray isn't on correctly...

Old 05-01-2013, 09:24 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Got the Needswings DCAI and Oil Catch Can installed.. got absolutely raped by the mechanic though.. last time I try to save time/effort by having someone else do my installs.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Crossfire today?