All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Old 03-20-2013, 09:59 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: What did you do to your Crossfire today?

pulled the car out of storage too early, apparently

Old 03-20-2013, 10:23 AM
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

When I clicked the picture I found this.. Seemed appropriate.. LOL.

I've seen that ONCE here in Oklahoma.. and that was on an Easter weekend.. a real freak occurrence!

Old 03-20-2013, 10:48 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mrmiata
When I clicked the picture I found this.. Seemed appropriate.. LOL.

I've seen that ONCE here in Oklahoma.. and that was on an Easter weekend.. a real freak occurrence!
Haha looks familiar!!!
But move down to South And you won't have to worry about that!!

Old 03-20-2013, 11:01 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by rayth

Wow! I really feel for you guys up North.

Old 03-20-2013, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by grip grip
Wow! I really feel for you guys up North.
I just hope that snow on top and all the freezing doesn't adversely affect the carbon fiber hood

Old 03-20-2013, 01:37 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rayth

Doh! ya..for me May. And even at that it has snowed May long weekend. Man that's a gob of snow

Old 03-20-2013, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Drawbar
Doh! ya..for me May. And even at that it has snowed May long weekend. Man that's a gob of snow
truth be told I had bought a winter car that turned out to have some pretty bad oil issues so I ended up selling it back to the dealership last week and took the Crossfire out "temporarily"... but being back in the fun little car caused me to drag *** a bit on finding a replacement... and this is the price I pay!

I got stuck pulling into the gas station today on a bit of slush/ice... some random guy had to push me out, pretty embarrassing.

Old 03-20-2013, 03:11 PM
Forum Regular

Finally found the time to get the oil changed. Supposedly changed by the dealer before they sold it to me last March but after 5000 miles, it wasn't looking too good. Figured better safe than sorry. They did, however, get the FSS reset properly before I bought it to give the appearance that they did the oil.

While I had it in my garage for service, figured it was time for spark plugs since the car has 90k. Did the Woody suggestion and did one side at a time with a short engine run in between to make sure all was good. Took it for a drive after all that to get it up to temperature and I could smell someone barbecuing ... then realized that was the flesh I left in the engine compartment cooking off. Dang that is a tight area to change plugs in.

Old 03-20-2013, 03:16 PM
Received 159 Likes on 147 Posts

Did you remove all the coil packs first ?
Did you use a short piece of hose that snugly fits the insulator to remove and install the plugs ?
Helps immensely.

Old 03-20-2013, 03:25 PM
Forum Regular

Yep - removed the coil packs thanks to all the suggestions here. That helped quite a bit. Removing the boots with the 17mm wrench was tough in a couple of locations but the worst part was breaking the plugs loose. I think the knuckle dragger that put them in at the factory used an impact wrench! When they finally broke loose, the quick movement of the wrench left several layers of skin on the valve covers.

Putting them back in, I used the anti-seize and the dielectric grease (as suggested) but didn't use the rubber hose. The socket I used perfectly centered the plug with the threads and they went right it - no problems If nothing else, the dielectric grease made the boots go on MUCH easier.

Old 03-23-2013, 01:11 AM
Received 607 Likes on 402 Posts

Finally got the emmisions to reset. Took 320 miles on the clock. Must be some kinda record.

Now all I have left to do is pay some Missouri taxes and fees,,,,, and I get get this puppy on the road.

Old 03-23-2013, 06:46 AM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

I removed my old intercooler pump and installed a new Bosch 010. Vise grips took care of pinching the hoses and life was good and dry until it came time to get the clamps back on. I had to release the vise grips to get the clamps back in place so I had a wet ending to a dry beginning. I also performed the pump always on with key mod. Easy as pie.

Les

Old 03-24-2013, 10:40 AM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Out...of...storage

Old 03-24-2013, 12:39 PM
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Finally get a Sunday off, and it is snowing....I had to put the cars back on life support rather taking them for a drive. I did find some Goodyear replacements for the old tires. My fronts are fine, so finding rears after they were discontinued a few years ago was a money saver. Have price runs flats. 285/35/19 GS D3's. So, when spring comes, if it does show it's face, we will being a tire and wheels swap between cars. Roadster is the weekend car, so it will get the A/S tires from the coupe, and the coupe the summer compound...come on weather.....geeeezzzzz..

Old 03-24-2013, 10:14 PM
Forum Regular

Like oledoc2u I watched mine get snowed on again/still. I am so sick and tired of this winter. Yesterday was a good day though, went for a cruise and then did a little cleaning and detailing.

Old 03-28-2013, 03:56 PM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Today I had a new windshield installed and at $250.00 I don't car if it's a good one or not. I'll change it as often as it needs doing. The original was all chipped and had 2 cracks. It's nice to be able to see.

Les

Old 03-28-2013, 04:08 PM
Received 607 Likes on 402 Posts

Put the new light bar on the rear trunk deck this week.
Today I am going thru the furniture scraping together enough pennies and dimes to pay off the garage and State license fees for both Crossies.

My project for Friday,,,,attach new license plates and drive the suckers out of storage.

Snow has melted. Temps in the 60's.......A Good Friday is coming!

Last edited by Franc Rauscher; 03-28-2013 at 04:11 PM.
Old 03-30-2013, 09:32 AM

I did a brain scan today and got the dreaded ID 10 T Code thrown back.
When performing the spring ritual to get the roadster's legs stretched, I went through every step according to my plans. I had changed the oil/filter last October, fuel stabilizer etceteras etceteras. Float charger disconnected and the moment of truth came. Fire up the little gem.
Crank, crank, crank. NO START! HORRORS.
I tried to light it up about 10 times - tons of crank but no start. HMMMMmmmm...
Let it sit for a few hours and sent a note to out 180 for his thoughts. For some reason the email never sent properly and I'm glad because I'd be certain to get an earful from him. Plus, he could keel over with laughter!

Later I tried it and STILL NO START. As panic set in my daughter came out to suggest that I seek advice from my beloeved forum members. Then it struck me! Last October, Dave and I had a discussion about a fail-safe and quick method to totally disable the motor from starting!

I quickly replaced the 15A fuse in slot 11 and turned the key .... BLISS returned to my life!

Now I can't wait to get out on the road! YIPPEE!

Old 03-30-2013, 10:04 AM
Received 159 Likes on 147 Posts

CRS can be a b*tch. You were getting dangerously close to the 30 try fry.

Old 03-30-2013, 10:39 AM
Received 610 Likes on 510 Posts

Originally Posted by PitMarshall
I did a brain scan today and got the dreaded ID 10 T Code thrown back.
When performing the spring ritual to get the roadster's legs stretched, I went through every step according to my plans. I had changed the oil/filter last October, fuel stabilizer etceteras etceteras. Float charger disconnected and the moment of truth came. Fire up the little gem.
Crank, crank, crank. NO START! HORRORS.
I tried to light it up about 10 times - tons of crank but no start. HMMMMmmmm...
Let it sit for a few hours and sent a note to out 180 for his thoughts. For some reason the email never sent properly and I'm glad because I'd be certain to get an earful from him. Plus, he could keel over with laughter!

Later I tried it and STILL NO START. As panic set in my daughter came out to suggest that I seek advice from my beloeved forum members. Then it struck me! Last October, Dave and I had a discussion about a fail-safe and quick method to totally disable the motor from starting!

I quickly replaced the 15A fuse in slot 11 and turned the key .... BLISS returned to my life!

Now I can't wait to get out on the road! YIPPEE!
Thanks, I needed a good laugh.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Crossfire today?