All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Old 02-20-2013, 08:16 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Originally Posted by lildaddym
If you do take yours apart, you might end up doing something different to split the case from the lens...seems that is the hardest part of the job!
I am fairly certain the only way to do it is to cut, right?

Old 02-20-2013, 09:19 AM
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I do recall a heat gun and pry method.. Looked like crap.. but never seen when re installed..

Old 02-20-2013, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by Mrmiata
I do recall a heat gun and pry method.. Looked like crap.. but never seen when re installed..
I have never seen anyone get our lights apart with heat, in the many years I have watched these conversions with interest. I did, however, see where a headlight was ruined because someone thought they could do it with heat.

I would be careful going that route, I am fairly certain they can only be cut. When someone has a good, steady hand and a fresh dremel blade, I have seen them come off pretty cleanly, a little black RTV and they are good again...

Old 02-20-2013, 12:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wonder which blade? I would figure the head would cause the plastic to make the cutting tool drag some...

Old 02-20-2013, 12:29 PM

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...style-drl.html

I'm older.. but not senile .. LOL

Old 02-20-2013, 01:03 PM
Received 610 Likes on 510 Posts

LOL
Here's my comments on this method at the time.

I opened the PDF and had a hard time moving past the first picture of a melted light. Taking a deep breath I moved on, I for one will not be doing this at any time before hell freezes over.

The look is OK I guess, but not by doing it this way.

My biggest laugh came with your final statement;

'Don’t steal my work please…. And don’t say its your own..give some credit it took a long time to do this…about 5 hours a headlight…THIS WAS DONE specially for the Crossfire FORUM cuz it ROCKS..like AC/DC
'

Trust me, I would not dream of it.

Old 02-20-2013, 02:25 PM

Yeah I got a chuckle reading back through that thread.. Red Dog was a puppy and yapping at your heels back then.. LOL

Old 02-20-2013, 02:58 PM

No, but you need to check your eyes again, because as you can see in his picture, his were already nearly ruined around the edges, I do not think you would be able to get the screwdriver in there without them already being malformed, the factory seal is pretty serious. I could be wrong, but was simply trying to caution people on the technique we have seen fail, several times.

Your headlights, do what you want, or is this like the CF hood where you have no actual intent on doing the mod, just like stirring the pot?

Old 02-20-2013, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by BoilerUpXFire
No, but you need to check your eyes again, because as you can see in his picture, his were already nearly ruined around the edges, I do not think you would be able to get the screwdriver in there without them already being malformed, the factory seal is pretty serious. I could be wrong, but was simply trying to caution people on the technique we have seen fail, several times.

Your headlights, do what you want, or is this like the CF hood where you have no actual intent on doing the mod, just like stirring the pot?
Wow.. front lip flash back.. your reading in what you want again aren't you. Please quote where I inquired on this or otherwise short of refuting your statement (oh hell there it is..) that cutting is the only way.

And open yours.. the led's are already in the light.. "if" I'm not mistaken.. and odds are as usual I'm not.. he was replacing those.. IE second time in to make it simple for you.

Hoods.. yeah.. lets all go cry some more since no one wants to pony up the cash.. buts wants them made.

Now... get back in the basement..Before I tell Molly your playing on the computer again instead of framing walls!

Last edited by Mrmiata; 02-20-2013 at 03:24 PM.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:00 AM

Wow.. front lip flash back.. your reading in what you want again aren't you. Please quote where I inquired on this or otherwise short of refuting your statement (oh hell there it is..) that cutting is the only way.

And open yours.. the led's are already in the light.. "if" I'm not mistaken.. and odds are as usual I'm not.. he was replacing those.. IE second time in to make it simple for you.

Hoods.. yeah.. lets all go cry some more since no one wants to pony up the cash.. buts wants them made.

Now... get back in the basement..Before I tell Molly your playing on the computer again instead of framing walls!
LEDs already in the light? I am not following here at all as there are NO LEDs anywhere in our OEM headlights. Open mine? Have you even had yours out of your car - I have custom painted 3 sets

Cry about hoods, I have one on my car, and enjoy it. You, on the other hand, talk about them for pages, and say you have no interest, but 20+ posts in the thread you have no interest in is awfully fishy to me Green is not a good color on you, MrM.

Walls are framed, thanks, and the granite, glass, and stainless steel shower is done too, plenty of time to go out to the garage, uncover my car, and look at my hood

Edit: and I like the fact that you have to bring up something we disagreed about, what, maybe a year ago? Seems you are the one who has been in several 'urination contests' here lately, no arguing that one, unless you prefer I take the posts from your last one that you tried to erase, but were already quoted on. What a coincidence, it was the CF hood thread, that apparently you have no interest in.

Last edited by BoilerUpXFire; 02-21-2013 at 09:02 AM.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:00 AM

LEDs already in the light? I am not following here at all as there are NO LEDs anywhere in our OEM headlights. Open mine? Have you even had yours out of your car - I have custom painted 3 sets

Cry about hoods, I have one on my car, and enjoy it. You, on the other hand, talk about them for pages, and say you have no interest, but 20+ posts in the thread you have no interest in is awfully fishy to me Green is not a good color on you, MrM.

Walls are framed, thanks, and the granite, glass, and stainless steel shower is done too, plenty of time to go out to the garage, uncover my car, and look at my hood

Edit: and I like the fact that you have to bring up something we disagreed about, what, maybe a year ago? Seems you are the one who has been in several 'urination contests' here lately, no arguing that one, unless you prefer I take the posts from your last one that you tried to erase, but were already quoted on. What a coincidence, it was the CF hood thread, that apparently you have no interest in.
Erased post were done as a courtesy to clean the BS out of a thread.. you know..like the stuff your wanting to see in here now?
Yeah we disagreed.. you were determined in your narrow thinking I was out to sell something which I never indicated anywhere in any post! DUH
Just like now.. don't see that quote where "I'm cutting up headlights".. But just like our "fun with amps" saga.. went against what you said.. OH NOOO...!
And yep.. really wish I had spent 800-1000 bucks to save 25 lbs so I could watch it dance up and down at 80 mph.
Hmm .. now how did he know that.. duh.. guess he followed a thread..

Go stare at your hood now and try to figure out how to brace it again..

We be done.. even with more stupid remarks from you.. we're done.

Old 02-21-2013, 10:31 AM

LOL, so how are those OEM LEDs you mentioned earlier, I just took my headlight apart and didn't see any, maybe you got the special edition, because clearly you can not be wrong.

Enjoy your day, just when I thought we could be civil, you pissed me off, like you have done to many others here on the forum. Interesting that I have quarreled with no one for quite some time, but you seem to do it regularly. But again, I am sure you are right, so it is me

Ignore feature, deployed.

Old 02-21-2013, 10:38 AM
Received 503 Likes on 429 Posts

Erased post were done as a courtesy to clean the BS out of a thread.. you know..like the stuff your wanting to see in here now?
Yeah we disagreed.. you were determined in your narrow thinking I was out to sell something which I never indicated anywhere in any post! DUH
Just like now.. don't see that quote where "I'm cutting up headlights".. But just like our "fun with amps" saga.. went against what you said.. OH NOOO...!
And yep.. really wish I had spent 800-1000 bucks to save 25 lbs so I could watch it dance up and down at 80 mph.
Hmm .. now how did he know that.. duh.. guess he followed a thread..

Go stare at your hood now and try to figure out how to brace it again..

Rrrooooaaaarrrrrrrrr Fttttttt ftttttttt ftttttttttttt You two should get a room!

Old 02-21-2013, 10:43 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

+1

Old 02-23-2013, 07:37 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

After loading an old tune last night, I started the car and noticed a bit of a misfire. I didn't think much of it at the time, but the car did it again this morning. Luckily it tripped a code this time for the CPS. After a 20 minute swap this evening, all is well.

Old 02-23-2013, 07:51 PM
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Backed both out of the garage. Put both back in the garage. No time, too cold, not in the mood. Maybe March will be warmer.

Old 02-23-2013, 08:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Re: What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Removed dust, drove about 80 miles on highway 60 degrees oat and sunny

Old 02-24-2013, 10:25 PM
Forum Regular

started the install of Eibach lowering springs ....rears are done..fronts kinda difficult I may say..
bout to start sum research on here to find an easier way .

Old 02-25-2013, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by crossfireracr
started the install of Eibach lowering springs ....rears are done..fronts kinda difficult I may say..
bout to start sum research on here to find an easier way .
Gotta use a spring compressor, and it is still a PITA, remember to trim the bumpstops on the shocks depending how far you are going down...

Old 02-25-2013, 01:53 PM

good point on bump stops inside the plastic shock covering. I didn't have access to a spring compressor, I took out both the bottom control arm bolts and dropped the old one right out and the new one in and then used a jack to strategically align the holes to install one bolt at a time. First side was an hour the second was 30 minutes. Good luck.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Crossfire today?