All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Old 07-16-2022, 07:57 AM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: What did you do to your Crossfire today?

I cleaned and regluxed my rear window on my 2007 crossfire convertible, I used gorilla glue and it work perfect!! As everyone knows the windows come unglued and the fix is to replace the whole top!! And several have mentioned different types of things to use to try and hold it in place. Well i found Gorilla glue seems to work for me! I did it about 4 yrs ago and it has held up until now and just started to let go a little and i live in the Adirondack mts where the temp can drop to -30 in the winter so I’m pleased with the results. I have glass coverage but the insurance says I need to put it under and accident claim to get it covered??? And pay my deductible to get the new one !! Nope. I just glue it every few yrs!! Looks fantastic.

Last edited by cobra1951f; 07-16-2022 at 07:59 AM.
Old 07-16-2022, 11:32 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by cobra1951f
I have 130,000 on my crossfire and also have repaired my rcm a couple of times,before purchasing a new one, which i just replaced and am having tighe in AZ redo for me as a back up as he replace’s. and check’ all the relay’s which I believe my fuel relay went this time not the soldiering !! Anyway car runs and handle’s like it was still new just ordered a couple new front tires as mine were getting weather checked, i have had the car about 6 yrs now with very little problems!!
Glad to hear that you have had very little problems. I seem to have a lot of issues with the environment related stuff but other than that the car has been great 👍👍👍

Old 07-17-2022, 06:16 AM

What kind of environment issue’s are you running into? Are you talking door and window seals because of weather or emissions ?

Old 07-17-2022, 07:45 AM

What kind of environment issue’s are you running into? Are you talking door and window seals because of weather or emissions ?
Over the last 3 years I have replaced both Cats, 4 O2 sensors, the secondary air pump, and the little one way valve next to the pump. I used OEM parts except for the cats where I had Magnaflo installed even though they barely fit. I just started getting the rear passenger O2 sensor saying that it is running lean. This was the first issue that was fixed 3 years ago when emissions started to act up. The repair shop rechecked that there were no exhaust leaks, no leaking rubber hoses, and they cleaned the sensor where the air goes in to the car even though the engine was not running rough. The check engine light goes on after 3 weeks or a month. I have to pass an inspection in August so this time I just reset the ODBC code about 300 miles ago and so far no code has come back. I have been taking it easy and driving under 70MPH as high speed with hot outside temps seem to trigger the check engine light even though that is most likely random chance.

Old 07-18-2022, 08:26 AM
Cool Re: What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Wow!!! You sure have spent some $$$$ on trying to find the culprit!! Have you checked the Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor. , that can kick the same code ! Something easy to change or clean yourself or not expensive to buy. I haven’t had anything like that other than my mass air sensor which i cleaned and hasn’t bothered again. And with 130,000 I guess i am fortunate ! I get stuff from Rockauto.com and Summit racing . I find they have great price’s and everything I have needed!! At least so far!! Good luck with the up coming inspection!!

Last edited by cobra1951f; 07-18-2022 at 08:30 AM.
Old 07-18-2022, 08:54 AM

Wow!!! You sure have spent some $$$$ on trying to find the culprit!! Have you checked the Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor. , that can kick the same code ! Something easy to change or clean yourself or not expensive to buy. I haven’t had anything like that other than my mass air sensor which i cleaned and hasn’t bothered again. And with 130,000 I guess i am fortunate ! I get stuff from Rockauto.com and Summit racing . I find they have great price’s and everything I have needed!! At least so far!! Good luck with the up coming inspection!!
I think you have been very lucky. I did not remember the exact name of the sensor but the repair ship cleaned the MAF and then later I cleaned the MAF again as well as the butterfly under the MAF. I have had good luck finding parts on Amazon and Ebay as well as Rockauto. I found an O2 sensor for $25 on Amazon because the box was damaged! These issues have been a pain as they always seem to pop up at inspection time so I get a temp sticker and have to rush to find resolution.

Bottom line is that I love my little car so much that I sold a leased accord at a substancial loss just before covid boosted the price of used cars. Yesterday I saw a MA registered crossfire on the road in NH; we both waved. Would that happen in another car type?

Old 07-18-2022, 09:17 AM
Forum Regular
Received 135 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe_Lukeman
I think you have been very lucky. I did not remember the exact name of the sensor but the repair ship cleaned the MAF and then later I cleaned the MAF again as well as the butterfly under the MAF. I have had good luck finding parts on Amazon and Ebay as well as Rockauto. I found an O2 sensor for $25 on Amazon because the box was damaged! These issues have been a pain as they always seem to pop up at inspection time so I get a temp sticker and have to rush to find resolution.

Bottom line is that I love my little car so much that I sold a leased accord at a substancial loss just before covid boosted the price of used cars. Yesterday I saw a MA registered crossfire on the road in NH; we both waved. Would that happen in another car type?
Florida & Alabama don't have vehicle inspections. Georgia inspections (emissions only) are limited to the 16 county area that make up metro Atlanta; out of 159 Georgia counties in total. Florida did away with inspections sometime in the 1990's, and boy were they a pain in the ***!

Old 07-18-2022, 09:49 AM

I hear you, i really enjoy mine as well, I’m waiting for an appt. To put on a couple new tires on the front, they are a all season but stilli consider high performance only rate for 168 mph instead of 192mph not that i will every get that fast !!!hahaha

Old 07-18-2022, 10:33 AM
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe_Lukeman
Over the last 3 years I have replaced both Cats, 4 O2 sensors, the secondary air pump, and the little one way valve next to the pump. I used OEM parts except for the cats where I had Magnaflo installed even though they barely fit. I just started getting the rear passenger O2 sensor saying that it is running lean. This was the first issue that was fixed 3 years ago when emissions started to act up. The repair shop rechecked that there were no exhaust leaks, no leaking rubber hoses, and they cleaned the sensor where the air goes in to the car even though the engine was not running rough. The check engine light goes on after 3 weeks or a month. I have to pass an inspection in August so this time I just reset the ODBC code about 300 miles ago and so far no code has come back. I have been taking it easy and driving under 70MPH as high speed with hot outside temps seem to trigger the check engine light even though that is most likely random chance.
check your state requirements on emissions we have 2005 crossfire. If car is over 15 years old emissions check not required

Old 07-20-2022, 09:57 AM
Received 46 Likes on 29 Posts

Had a dyno run at the weekend on my Srt6, they couldn’t done a proper pull in 4th gear so couldn’t get proper reading. Every time they tried in 4th it would drop a gear. As anyone got ideas or help on the best way to pull a correct pull. Anything is much appreciated.

Old 07-20-2022, 11:27 AM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

You can't hit WOT successfully on the dyno until the kick down threshold has been surpassed. That happens somewhere around 3500 in 4th. If you dyno in 3rd the same applies. Roll into the throttle and stay around 3/4 until 3500 or so and then go to the floor.

edit: Have the transmission in manual mode!

Les

Old 07-20-2022, 11:32 AM
Received 46 Likes on 29 Posts

Thanks for the information, I walked away frustrated. Done Needswings dual intake, manifolds and custom exhaust and wanted to see hopefully some gains.
cheers

Old 07-20-2022, 07:30 PM
Received 193 Likes on 136 Posts

Changed the fuel filter and relay module
A general observation that I’m sure has been brought forward before. The owners manual calls for a 15 amp fuse in cavity 3 Engine Control 1. I checked the 2005, 2007 and 2008 manuals. They all list 15 amp cavity 3

My existing relay module has a 20 amp fuse in Cavity 3, the new out of the box replacement had a 20 amp fuse and every video that I’ve seen also shows 20 amp. Another glitch in the owners manual.

Old 07-20-2022, 07:53 PM
Forum Regular
Received 85 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by UrbanE
Changed the fuel filter and relay module
A general observation that I’m sure has been brought forward before. The owners manual calls for a 15 amp fuse in cavity 3 Engine Control 1. I checked the 2005, 2007 and 2008 manuals. They all list 15 amp cavity 3

My existing relay module has a 20 amp fuse in Cavity 3, the new out of the box replacement had a 20 amp fuse and every video that I’ve seen also shows 20 amp. Another glitch in the owners manual.

Glitches galore in owners manual and service manual.

15 amp in that position is for the SLK 230 only. I have both versions. Different part number but only difference is the size of the fuse you pointed out.

Old 07-21-2022, 02:10 AM
Forum Regular
Received 135 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Ronman
15 amp in that position is for the SLK 230 only. I have both versions. Different part number but only difference is the size of the fuse you pointed out.
What would you tell someone about the difference between the 230 & the 320? Hopefully not, "One has a 15amp fuse and the other a 20amp fuse."

Old 07-25-2022, 10:22 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 629 Likes on 430 Posts

So I attended a local car show and took a bunch of pics while there
The next day I see their show page on Facebook and they put my Crossfire Roadster on their webpage header pic

The following users liked this post:
nemiro (07-26-2022)
Old 07-26-2022, 12:54 PM
Received 251 Likes on 190 Posts

got my 3.90 rear installed this weekend now the track is on vacation until Aug when i get the second run ( 1st run 100% stock srt6 13.3@ 105 60' 1.98 street tires) I will be running street tires this year at the track here are some pic of the rear end and my rear suspension. this time it took us less than 1 hour to swap the rear. the car does feel great with this rear , did have a short burst with a LOUD mustang we were doing 60 then took off i pulled him at, 80 I let off . he just gave me a thumb up , i slowed to 60. oh at 70 i am doing 3000 rpm 80 am doing 3400 . what a difference this gear makes love it

The following 2 users liked this post by amx1397:
Sussudio (07-26-2022), zip439 (07-29-2022)
Old 07-26-2022, 06:50 PM
Received 608 Likes on 488 Posts

Originally Posted by Valk
So I attended a local car show and took a bunch of pics while there
The next day I see their show page on Facebook and they put my Crossfire Roadster on their webpage header pic

Nice!

The following users liked this post:
SD Crossfire (07-26-2022)
Old 07-29-2022, 01:32 AM
Received 193 Likes on 136 Posts

You realize how much RTV is too much when you’re trying to separate the breather from the valve cover. It was really difficult to separate them. Discovered that one of the bolts for the breather was broken. Immediately located the source of the oil leak.

I was lucky to get the bolt out there was just enough to grab onto. Painting the covers tomorrow

Old 07-29-2022, 09:09 AM
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by dedwards0323
Nice!
how long a job is the valve cover removal ?

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Crossfire today?