All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Old 05-18-2022, 08:34 PM
Forum Regular
Received 85 Likes on 73 Posts
Default Re: What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Originally Posted by cobra1951f
Tried to start my 07 again today with no luck!! No codes showing up and turns over but doesn’t start! Shut down while driving! Checked the Rcm soldering and fuel relay for clicking ?? Any suggestions???
Check for codes, could be camshaft or crankshaft sensor.

The following users liked this post:
CaughtInaXF (05-18-2022)
Old 05-18-2022, 10:46 PM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Roman i have no code showing up!

Old 05-18-2022, 10:50 PM

No code showing up!! If it was cam or crankshaft sensor wouldn’t th code be howling up??

Old 05-18-2022, 11:19 PM
Forum Regular
Received 85 Likes on 73 Posts

No code showing up!! If it was cam or crankshaft sensor wouldn’t th code be howling up??
Codes don't always pop up. I hate to have you just throw parts at the car. So it just tries to turn over and then stop after a while? What exactly what is happening?

Old 05-19-2022, 05:23 AM
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by williamsaylor23
Front and rear sway bars came in today!
[PHOTO]
Nice!! Do these replace "factory" sway bars already in place on the car, or these are an additional performance enhancement?

Old 05-19-2022, 06:19 AM

Doesn’t seem to be trying to fire at all, i can hear the fuel relay clicking and have checked the soldering in the Rcm i haven’t check the fuel pressure yet? Waiting on a cam shaft sensor!

Old 05-19-2022, 10:27 AM
Received 610 Likes on 510 Posts

Doesn’t seem to be trying to fire at all, i can hear the fuel relay clicking and have checked the soldering in the Rcm i haven’t check the fuel pressure yet? Waiting on a cam shaft sensor!
You are in the wrong forum to be asking for answers to your problem. This forum is for what you did successfully.
You started asking questions in another forum and then switched to this one. You only confuse people who do not know what the original question was.
It is more likely the crankshaft sensor than the camshaft sensor because the ratio of failures must be at least 20 to 1.

Last edited by onehundred80; 05-19-2022 at 10:33 AM.
CaughtInaXF (05-19-2022)
Old 05-19-2022, 10:34 AM

Where do suggest as i tried another area and was kind of reprimanded for it??

Old 05-19-2022, 10:46 AM

Where do suggest as i tried another area and was kind of reprimanded for it??
I was just about to correct my post as from where I started you were in another forum and I went from there. Then trying to find an answer I realized I had read someone else’s post similar to to yours. Oops sorry that was you after all, you started a thread.titled “Engine shut down’ on May the15th and used the same words in a post you started in this thread the next day. DTMenace picked you up on that immediately and the answers you got came in on this thread. You misunderstood what Denis meant.
The rest of the post holds true though, the crankshaft position sensor causes most problems.
Only buy Bosch for these replacements as the rest keep failing too often.
But you are still in the wrong forum for questions like this. You have made the initial mistake, not me. 🙄

Last edited by onehundred80; 05-19-2022 at 11:06 AM.
Old 05-19-2022, 10:51 AM
Forum Regular
Received 223 Likes on 155 Posts

I suggest that you get an overview of this Forum’s layout and then pose a question to the one that seems to be the common area. it might take a few days for readers to notice and post to you. Give it time.

as far as the crankshaft positioning sensor remark by one180,.....it’s a likely culprit according to your symptoms, plus it should be one of the first orders of “replace before it dies on you”, so you’re not really wasting your mo ey.......Buy Bosch around 50$ or so.....prices have risen. Keep the original as a spare if this isn’t the problem.

some of these older guys have answered the same scenario of People bouncing around in different topics. Whack a mole makes them feel better.

Relax, and you will have a smooth running machine in short order from the participants. Plus ......the advice and whacking is free ! (And Enjoy the B&D,)

Old 05-19-2022, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by JoeO
I suggest that you get an overview of this Forum’s layout and then pose a question to the one that seems to be the common area. it might take a few days for readers to notice and post to you. Give it time.

as far as the crankshaft positioning sensor remark by one180,.....it’s a likely culprit according to your symptoms, plus it should be one of the first orders of “replace before it dies on you”, so you’re not really wasting your mo ey.......Buy Bosch around 50$ or so.....prices have risen. Keep the original as a spare if this isn’t the problem.

some of these older guys have answered the same scenario of People bouncing around in different topics. Whack a mole makes them feel better.

Relax, and you will have a smooth running machine in short order from the participants. Plus ......the advice and whacking is free ! (And Enjoy the B&D,)
Whack a mole has nothing to do with this, it is nice to keep similar questions in the same suitable threads. Some people have put specific SRT info into the NA forum, given NA info for the SRT VIN record thread etc.
In the case you are talking about the member had started a thread with the same wording the day before in a correct forum and then started posting in this forum after he had been told by DTMenace he was wrong all the answers came in this forum. I confused me.

CaughtInaXF (05-19-2022)
Old 05-29-2022, 01:52 AM
JSK
Received 117 Likes on 96 Posts

My blue roadster has been needing a new siren, got a new one a couple weeks ago. Pulled the cowl today, installed the new siren, vacuumed the leaves from the cowl area, blew air thru the drains to make sure they were open and installed the wiper shaft grommet I have had for years. All good.

The following 2 users liked this post by JSK:
CaughtInaXF (05-29-2022), nemiro (05-29-2022)
Old 05-31-2022, 02:38 PM
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Walked into the garage last nite. Patted my Roadster on the hood and said "Soon, soon my lovely, we will be in the Ozarks and you won't be lonely anymore". Then I added water to the radiator, added air in the tires, and turned out the light.

CaughtInaXF (05-31-2022)
Old 05-31-2022, 02:49 PM

Lucky you, I went to the garage where mine is parked after being towed in, installed a camshaft position sensor that came in hoping it might be that but no luck,waiting on the Bosch crankshaft position sensor!! Sprayed some fuel into the throttle body and it fired up for a second so will wait for the sensor nd then will know if its a fuel issue!! Always something

CaughtInaXF (05-31-2022)
Old 06-04-2022, 06:01 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 629 Likes on 430 Posts

Rudy
rcompart ..Here on the forum now has his own automotive service shop and is off to a good start
Many know Rudy here as one of our Crossfire V8 conversion experts and knows the Mercedes very well overall

Accelerated Industries
3750 Industrial Ave, Unit D
Rolling Meadows, Illinois

Phone: 847-904-0404
Fax: 847-904-0441

rudy@acceleratedindustries.com

I took my Crossfire to Rudy last week and had many services done by him
He used only OEM parts

2005 Chrysler - Crossfire Roadster Limited - Odometer 79133

Parts
Valve Cover Gasket (Left)
Valve Cover Gasket (Right)
Mercedes Surface Sealant RTV (Tube)
Engine Oil Level Sensor & Gasket
0W40 Full-Synthetic Engine Oil
Mann Fleece Oil Filter
New Spark Plugs
New Water Pump - (Warn water pump bearing)

Labor
Reseal valve covers / new gaskets
Reseal breather covers
Replaced oil level sensor and seal
Replaced Oil Pan Gasket
Replaced spark plugs
Replaced water pump and coolant with flush - (Warn water pump bearing)

Attached Files
File Type: mov
Water Pump.MOV (2.06 MB, 0 views)

Last edited by Valk; 07-19-2022 at 08:29 PM.
CaughtInaXF (06-05-2022)
Old 06-04-2022, 07:07 PM

That’s fantastic,wish i lived some where even relatively close to Illinois as i would love to drive by his shop nd meet Rudy and make and appt. To have him check my x fire over! But unfortunately i live in upstate Ny along the Canadian border so that isn’t and option.enjoy your ride!!

CaughtInaXF (06-05-2022)
Old 06-11-2022, 01:45 AM
Forum Regular
Received 135 Likes on 107 Posts

Be careful when opening a container for the first time. Thirty seven (37) years ago I did something similar enough that "I should know better". Can I claim perhaps, that I forgot? Anyway, a blade cut through the tamper-ring with sufficient force that it just kept going until, thank God, my hand stopped it from damaging anything else. Hurray? It happened around 11AM and I finally went to the ER around 8PM. This picture was taken the following day. I like the multi-layer glues they can apply these days in lieu of stitches. I also have myself a brand-new Tetanus shot which if the statisticians are correct, will be the last one I'll ever need. Again, hurray? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯👻

It's amazing how little it hurts, but then how fast & how much it hurts if/when I move my index finger out of unison with my middle finger. The doc says that's probably because the knife made a little slice to a tendon, but thankfully didn't cut completely through it. He suggested moving my middle & index fingers in unison until the pain of doing otherwise subsides.

About 18 hours after the injury.

Based on the width of the cut, this is how much of the knife went through my skin. The knife was in & out all in a split-second, and my hand never let go of the handle.

To qualify under the thread "What did you do to your Crossfire?", click on this link to see what I've done since May 16th... BEWARE!!! YOU ARE ENTERING MATT'S GARAGE!

CaughtInaXF (06-11-2022)
Old 06-29-2022, 09:06 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Installed quick release steering wheel
new leather seats
camshaft and crankshaft position sensor
and of course cut that muffler off

F4celess (06-30-2022)
Old 06-29-2022, 09:08 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by UrbanE
Took it out for the first spin of the year
It just rolled over 30,000.
mines got 150,000

Old 06-29-2022, 12:18 PM
Received 503 Likes on 429 Posts

3 1/2 months ago, mine turned 34,000. Nice ride and performance for a 15 (this September) year old sports car! Pardon the early morning dark shaky picture, the road wasn't exactly smooth, and the flash had to be turned 'off'). I COULD say it was because of a 'time warp' due to the really fast speed, but... NOT! LOL...

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Crossfire today?