All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Old 01-23-2022, 01:34 AM
Received 193 Likes on 136 Posts
Default Re: What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Really amazing day here today +8c
So I was motivated to complete a small project for jack pad adapters

I made 4 pucks for the silver low profile Esco jackstands and another 4 for the red Torin Big Red stands
I have to complete the pads for the Esco low profile Jack tomorrow

Bought a huge bucket of pucks from a local buy and sell site for $20 bucks (hockey pucks are cheap and plentiful in Canada)

I have 8 adapters for the Crossfire and my wife’s MINI.
And 8 more pinch weld style for the Veloster

All for a total of $40 for everything.

I still have 30 pucks left

Old 01-23-2022, 02:33 AM
Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts

Those look like the ones I have for my bmw's. I'll have to see if they will work with the crossfire.

Old 01-23-2022, 06:59 AM
Forum Regular
Received 135 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by UrbanE
This winter I've seen you write about the cold & others comment that it's cold where you are. So I thought, wow, he must live WAY HIGH UP in the California (state abbreviation... CA) mountains!

Old 01-23-2022, 07:59 AM
Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

So I was motivated to complete a small project for jack pad adapters

I made 4 pucks for the silver low profile Esco jackstands and another 4 for the red Torin Big Red stands
I have to complete the pads for the Esco low profile Jack tomorrow

Bought a huge bucket of pucks from a local buy and sell site for $20 bucks (hockey pucks are cheap and plentiful in Canada)

I have 8 adapters for the Crossfire and my wife’s MINI.
And 8 more pinch weld style for the Veloster

All for a total of $40 for everything.

I still have 30 pucks left

Very nice! I used pucks as well for my floor jack pads, Gorilla glue and a single screw. Crappy Tire had the pucks on sale afew years ago for a buck a piece.

Last edited by bluecoupe; 01-23-2022 at 08:03 AM.
Old 01-23-2022, 09:20 AM
Received 608 Likes on 488 Posts

I've got an assortment of jack pads for the Crossfire that I bought off eBay a few years back. Since I've got several versions of floor jacks, I needed some jack pads that would fit a variety of floor jack lifts. I've found that the metal versions I bought seem to work the best compared to the hard rubber or plastic versions I purchased..

Old 01-23-2022, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by crowz
Those look like the ones I have for my bmw's. I'll have to see if they will work with the crossfire.

They’ll work
same style for MB and BMW
They fit on the mini and on my previous X6

Old 01-23-2022, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by WD40
This winter I've seen you write about the cold & others comment that it's cold where you are. So I thought, wow, he must live WAY HIGH UP in the California (state abbreviation... CA) mountains!

CA for Canada,

I know that it can be confusing and that was done with purpose.
Awhile back I had received a several disturbing emails that caused me to pause with respect to contact details and personal information. I removed everything I could and it was easier to list CA (also accepted for Canada. (Canadian internet domains are .ca) Although I post here, that’s about as out there as I get with Social media.
no Facebook, twitter, instagram …..

I’m sure there can be a lot of cold days up high in Northern California. We get our share of them here too. Anyone that’s worked in the cold knows it’s tough to get motivated when it’s easier to hold down the anti gravity sofa and watch a movie.

now you know, CA

Old 01-23-2022, 10:49 AM
Forum Regular

I’m sure there can be a lot of cold days up high in Northern California. We get our share of them here too.
When people think of the USA they always think of The Rocky Mountains (to quote John Denver... "Rocky Mountain high, Colorado") as the highest range in the lower 48. But in reality The Sierra Nevada Mountains in California are the tallest 'down South!'

Old 01-23-2022, 04:24 PM
Forum Regular

I’m sure there can be a lot of cold days up high in Northern California. We get our share of them here too. Anyone that’s worked in the cold knows it’s tough to get motivated when it’s easier to hold down the anti gravity sofa and watch a movie.
I understand being outside when it's below freezing, but I can open up an HVAC vent in my garage until it gets hotter than I can stand. That makes deep Winter (which we've just entered) the best time for me to work on the car.

Old 01-23-2022, 04:43 PM

Whats funny is when friends and relatives from up north visit Alabama and think it wont be cold. The temps dont usually get that bad here but the humidity will be 95% a good bit of the time. Try freezing temps with 95% humidity. It hurts.

The relatives (Minnesota) are always wearing short sleeve shirts while shoveling snow and 0 degrees or such. They come down here and look like they are geared up for the artic and its only 40 degrees here. Apparently they have the cold but lack the humidity issues. Our snow is hard as a rock and theirs is powdery from what they say.

Old 01-24-2022, 01:17 PM
Forum Regular

Whats funny is when friends and relatives from up north visit Alabama and think it wont be cold. The temps dont usually get that bad here but the humidity will be 95% a good bit of the time. Try freezing temps with 95% humidity. It hurts.

The relatives (Minnesota) are always wearing short sleeve shirts while shoveling snow and 0 degrees or such. They come down here and look like they are geared up for the artic and its only 40 degrees here. Apparently they have the cold but lack the humidity issues. Our snow is hard as a rock and theirs is powdery from what they say.
You might be a little farther South than me. I live in Jefferson County, but just barely. In 2014 I saw how far out from Birmingham the bus lines ran and tacked an extra 5 miles onto that as my starting-point to find a house! Being a native Floridian this seems like low-humidity to me! But everything is relative! Being a Florida 'product' I became acclimated to mowing the lawn on a 100F too-humid-for-sweat-to-evaporate Summer day!

I previously (2003-2007) worked in Atlanta for 4 years and when I moved back to Florida (in December!) I was like, "I lived in this swamp?" It took me 3 weeks to re-acclimate to the constantly high humidity!

Last edited by WD40; 01-24-2022 at 07:29 PM.
Old 01-24-2022, 01:46 PM
Received 251 Likes on 190 Posts

You might be a little farther South than me. I live in Jefferson County, but just barely. In 2014 I saw how far out from Birmingham the bus lines ran and tacked an extra 5 miles onto that as my starting-point to find a house! Being a native Floridian this seems like low-humidity to me! But everything is relative! Being a Florida 'product' I became acclimated to mowing the lawn on a 100F too-humid-for-sweet-to-evaporate Summer day!

I previously (2003-2007) worked in Atlanta for 4 years and when I moved back to Florida (in December!) I was like, "I lived in this swamp?" It took me 3 weeks to re-acclimate to the constantly high humidity!
just took the crossfire out for a short 150 mile drive this morning. oh Floridian, so glad we have choices in life and my first choice is not to live up north where it gets too cold,, in fact if it gets below 80 i am looking to move south. today is in the 40's in Melbourne beach, so we went to palm beach where it was 60.
did you know it NEVER rains in Florida,, it is liquid sunshine

Last edited by amx1397; 01-24-2022 at 07:20 PM. Reason: change wet to liquid sunshine
Old 01-24-2022, 02:00 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by amx1397
just took the crossfire out for a short 150 mile drive this morning. oh Floridian, so glad we have choices in life and my first choice is not to live up north where it gets too cold,, in fact if it gets below 80 i am looking to move south. today is in the 40's in Melbourne beach, so we went to palm beach where it was 60.
did you know it NEVER rains in Florida,, it is wet sunshine
A couple of times in life I've put the top down on a convertible and cruised A1A from one end of Florida to the other, stopping at every place we pleased along the way. Done right and taking time to 'smell the roses' that takes 3 days.

Old 01-24-2022, 02:05 PM

You might be a little farther South than me. I live in Jefferson County, but just barely. In 2014 I saw how far out from Birmingham the bus lines ran and tacked an extra 5 miles onto that as my starting-point to find a house! Being a native Floridian this seems like low-humidity to me! But everything is relative! Being a Florida 'product' I became acclimated to mowing the lawn on a 100F too-humid-for-sweet-to-evaporate Summer day!

Up on cheaha mountain area here. Lowest temps weve had so far is -2.

Florida people dont seem to mind the temps the only problem they have here is getting lost on mt cheaha. Seems like ever tourist the rescue squad is sent to find is from florida so the going joke here is they must not have hills in florida

Old 01-24-2022, 04:26 PM
Received 485 Likes on 240 Posts

We may need to have a little SE Crossfire meet sometime. I'm in the FL panhandle, and wind up through at least Montgomery every couple of months, and Huntsville every 6 months for work.

Old 01-24-2022, 05:00 PM

Im right on hwy 9 which goes from Montgomery to Huntsville

Old 01-24-2022, 07:16 PM
Forum Regular

Florida people dont seem to mind the temps the only problem they have here is getting lost on mt cheaha. Seems like ever tourist the rescue squad is sent to find is from florida so the going joke here is they must not have hills in florida
Well I just learned something about Alabama. There's something called The Talladega Mountains. Who knew? And they terminate near Sylacauga which answers another question. Since I've lived here a couple of people have said, "That's over in Sylacauga." And I was like, "Might as well be on the Moon. I don't have a clue where that is!"

There are a couple of places where it's not 100% flat in Florida. The most dramatic is Lake Wales Ridge (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_Wales_Ridge) because there is no elevation at all around it so you can fully appreciate all of its 300ft!! If you type Lake Wales Ridge
into Google Maps and turn on the topography feature it's starkly evident. It's right in the center of the state and is around 150 miles in total length. People who live in that area speak of "The Highlands" but to people living on the coasts that term is basically unknown.

Last edited by WD40; 01-24-2022 at 09:18 PM.
Old 01-24-2022, 07:23 PM

A couple of times in life I've put the top down on a convertible and cruised A1A from one end of Florida to the other, stopping at every place we pleased along the way. Done right and taking time to 'smell the roses' that takes 3 days.
next time stop by A1a is 35' form my front door , Indialantic fl.

Old 01-24-2022, 07:24 PM

Thats one of the things I used to give george (my stepdad) grief about. He was like "Im going to drive the dragon". Im like "why not just drive 5 miles up the road in front of your house and get the same thing?"

We dont have many "straight" roads around here. Harley Davidson sends their riders here to test motorcycles on the roads up to cheaha. Not to mention groups coming here all the time to enjoy the twisty roads up there.

The following users liked this post:
nemiro (01-25-2022)
Old 01-24-2022, 07:36 PM

I have a place in Ga that is the same way I am on top of Meredith mountain at the end of a gravel road when the unknowns ,Florida mostly come up my way the have no way to turn around I have to move one of my cars so they can get down the mountain,,,, so from Fl heat to Ga mountain snow .

Last edited by amx1397; 01-24-2022 at 07:38 PM.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Crossfire today?