All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Old 10-17-2020, 07:13 PM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Started to hook up my new horn

Still have to hook up the compressor and tank (currentlymounted in the trunk). Just waiting for some air line to arrive. This test is at 150 PSI but the tank will store 200PSI so it should be a little louder. I was able to fit all three trumpets in the front bumper. I made an option on my touch screen to change the normal steering wheel horn between the standard horn and this horn. Im thinking of making it so if I hold the horn down for more than 3 seconds, the air horn will kick in along with the standard horn. Ignore the fingerprints and dirt all along the bumper, its been a long day

Little car, big horn.

Old 10-24-2020, 07:07 PM
Received 608 Likes on 488 Posts

Originally Posted by onehundred80
One of mine came loose and was wrecked because it rubbed against the tire. I fitted new covers from NeedsWings and then put black Gorilla tape around them. They are not going to spring open anytime soon.
Originally Posted by onehundred80
No crap gets through the gaps either.
I started with a strip over the latch, then I thought I might as well go all around.
Maybe I should do a ‘How To’ and get it made into a sticky. 🙄
Originally Posted by dedwards0323
I've got to look at these on my 2007 Coupe.
Looked at the access doors to the fog lights. Both are still in place & secure. Picked up a roll of black Gorilla tape at Lowes's earlier today. Will plan to cover these tomorrow, if it doesn't rain as predicted.

Last edited by dedwards0323; 10-25-2020 at 11:12 AM.
Old 10-25-2020, 03:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Trying to figure out what to do about it. It’s been at ten dealer for 10 months waiting for a skreem. I sent them the info to get the part from sos diagnostics they didn’t email them. I finally got fed up and called the manager of the dealer. Then they guy who’s been handling my not repair called and told me some wrecked into my car on their lot. Then he said they can’t get the part to fix my car.

Old 10-25-2020, 03:51 AM
Received 159 Likes on 147 Posts

tale them to small claims court and sue for the damages along with cost of rental car for 10 months.

Old 10-25-2020, 12:57 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 629 Likes on 430 Posts

Originally Posted by Barbarasouix
Trying to figure out what to do about it. It’s been at ten dealer for 10 months waiting for a skreem. I sent them the info to get the part from sos diagnostics they didn’t email them. I finally got fed up and called the manager of the dealer. Then they guy who’s been handling my not repair called and told me some wrecked into my car on their lot. Then he said they can’t get the part to fix my car.
10 months at a dealer ?
They have never had the possibility to fix your car if its a SKREEM module
This has been the answer all along
!!!!
Rob has a longstanding reputation here and is the owner of Needswings products
https://www.needswings.com/crossfire-skreem-repair

The following users liked this post:
CROSSFIRERUSH (11-02-2020)
Old 10-25-2020, 02:14 PM
Received 503 Likes on 429 Posts

This should be a GLOWING example for why to NEVER NEVER NEVER take this model car to a dealership!!!!

Old 10-25-2020, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by Valk
10 months at a dealer ?
They have never had the possibility to fix your car if its a SKREEM module
This has been the answer all along
!!!!
Rob has a longstanding reputation here and is the owner of Needswings products
https://www.needswings.com/crossfire-skreem-repair
yes I know they couldn’t fix the skreem. But I gave then the information for SOS diagnostics who says they could repair it if it was sent to them they never even emailed them only after I got insistent and pretty well demanded my car back did they call me with this information about someone hitting it them it took another week to get pictures of the damage and then they sent me insurance info of the person who hit the car. They still will not tell me the date that it was hit nor will he return my call. I am in Florida and my car is in indianapolis.

This is the damage caused

Old 10-25-2020, 06:20 PM

I'm sorry to see that damage to your car and so far from home
I wish the dealer had been willing to work with SOS and take the parts from your car and send them to SOS to resolve the problem
although I'm not surprised that a dealership wouldn't work with an outside source to fix a problem in their own dealership
It seems now that the situation has only been made worse
I just read your posting history here and see that this problem started in July last summer
I read a post that you had tried working with Rob at Needswings at that time but he wasn't able to help then either.
Since that time Rob has found the solution to repair your own SKREEM module much like SOS can
I wish you the best in recovering your car and your losses now
I cant imagine the grief this has caused you

Last edited by Valk; 10-25-2020 at 06:42 PM.
Old 10-25-2020, 06:40 PM

The thing is that they said would take the part out and send it to be repaired they just lied I guess when they said that. He still says he is calling them to go though that process but he does not follow through.

I'm sorry to see that damage to your car and so far from home
I wish the dealer had been willing to work with SOS and take the parts from your car and send them to SOS to resolve the problem
although I'm not surprised that a dealership wouldn't work with an outside source to fix a problem in their own dealership
It seems now that the situation has only been made worse
I wish you the best in recovering your car and your losses now

Old 10-25-2020, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Barbarasouix
The thing is that they said would take the part out and send it to be repaired they just lied I guess when they said that.
He still says he is calling them to go though that process but he does not follow through.
Are they taking responsibility for the damage to your car from being hit on their property ??
How is that damage going to be repaired and where ??
I think you have a lawsuit to file against that dealership for neglect and damages !!!

Old 10-26-2020, 01:27 AM
Received 503 Likes on 429 Posts

Are they taking responsibility for the damage to your car from being hit on their property ??
How is that damage going to be repaired and where ??
I think you have a lawsuit to file against that dealership for neglect and damages !!!

Agree with Valk, if I were you I would be hiring a lawyer to REPLACE the car itself, and punitive damages for negligence (not to mention being an *** for not doing anything for many months). Good luck, the fact your located so far from them makes having an advocate (aka lawyer) almost a necessity. Although I am NOT a lawyer, be careful about anything you signed about liability and an arbitration clause on/in the incheck & service documents. A frank discussion with a lawyer would be best!

Old 10-27-2020, 01:24 PM
Received 608 Likes on 488 Posts

Took advantage of the break in the weather today to clean under the spoiler & lube all the linkage pivot points. Been awhile since I lubed the spoiler's linkage system.

Last edited by dedwards0323; 10-27-2020 at 01:38 PM.
Old 11-03-2020, 07:00 PM

Hey all, new to the Crossfire forum so, apologies if I do anything wrong. Just purchased my 2005 Base Coupe this summer.

I just replaced the stock exhaust for the Magnaflow 14863. Love it so far. Sleek sports sound without being too loud. It is a touch droney but I listen to loud music so I don't usually hear it during my longer drives (my rear subs were blown by the previous owner, so the next project is to replace those with some Kickers I have).

https://streamable.com/zs5hgt

It is very bassy so if you are listening on your phone it might not come across well.

Unfortunately it is going to the detailing shop and then the garage this weekend as it's getting quite icy and cold here in NH.

Cheers,
Dillon

Last edited by nerdoftheweek01; 11-03-2020 at 07:38 PM.
Old 11-06-2020, 04:03 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Using guidance from this excellent site, I replaced the Power seat relay. The power seats were operating intermittently. Possibly the problem was a cold solder joint in the OEM relay. Apologies for the quality of the photo. Hoping the new relay will solve the problem.

Possibly a cold solder joint?

Old 11-10-2020, 08:14 PM
Forum Regular
Received 75 Likes on 55 Posts

I finally sorted out the random miss my 5.4 has had since installation.

Using DAS 2 weeks ago, I discovered that I had a pretty significant miss on Cyl 7. It was to the point where there were times the engine would stumble taking off from a stop. I narrowed it down to the "B" ignition circuit by shutting off the "A" circuit using DAS.

I swapped the Cyl 6 and Cyl 7 coils (to rule out a potential ECU problem), and changed out the "B" spark plug on Cyl 7 which had a blistered insulator. Car seemed to be running better..... thought maybe the "B" plug had just crapped out. Only has 7,000 miles on it...... figured a $15 spark plug would last a little longer than that!!

Anyways, I noticed the miss starting to come back, hooked DAS up again, and the miss moved to Cyl 6. The coil was dying!! Swapped it out with one of the coils from the original 3.2 and no more miss!! It hasn't idled this smooth...... ever!! It's had a little miss ever since I installed the 5.4. I've replaced everything too.... Throttle body, MAF sensor, EGR valve (even though it's shut off), accelerator pedal, and searched and searched for a possible vacuum leak. The only thing I hadn't replaced were the damn coils!! On a positive note.... all of the engines electronics are new!!

Also went ahead and swapped out the transmission electrical connector thing today, the trans filter, and a new pan gasket (thank you FCP euro). SRT tranny only has 37k miles on it now and was surprised the connector was leaking as bad as it was. I heard from the owner of our local Euro shop that there was a warranty issue with them?

A few days ago, I went away from the Eurocharged tranny tune and loaded the VTech tranny tune from Poland. I like the VTech tune a lot better. It doesn't hunt around for gears near as much as the EC tune did.

Couldn't be happier with this car..... I never get tired of outrunning almost everything with it!!

Jared

Last edited by lotsofspareparts; 11-10-2020 at 08:17 PM.
The following users liked this post:
CROSSFIRERUSH (11-13-2020)
Old 11-11-2020, 03:20 PM
Forum Regular
Received 85 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by lotsofspareparts
I finally sorted out the random miss my 5.4 has had since installation.

Using DAS 2 weeks ago, I discovered that I had a pretty significant miss on Cyl 7. It was to the point where there were times the engine would stumble taking off from a stop. I narrowed it down to the "B" ignition circuit by shutting off the "A" circuit using DAS.

I swapped the Cyl 6 and Cyl 7 coils (to rule out a potential ECU problem), and changed out the "B" spark plug on Cyl 7 which had a blistered insulator. Car seemed to be running better..... thought maybe the "B" plug had just crapped out. Only has 7,000 miles on it...... figured a $15 spark plug would last a little longer than that!!

Anyways, I noticed the miss starting to come back, hooked DAS up again, and the miss moved to Cyl 6. The coil was dying!! Swapped it out with one of the coils from the original 3.2 and no more miss!! It hasn't idled this smooth...... ever!! It's had a little miss ever since I installed the 5.4. I've replaced everything too.... Throttle body, MAF sensor, EGR valve (even though it's shut off), accelerator pedal, and searched and searched for a possible vacuum leak. The only thing I hadn't replaced were the damn coils!! On a positive note.... all of the engines electronics are new!!

Also went ahead and swapped out the transmission electrical connector thing today, the trans filter, and a new pan gasket (thank you FCP euro). SRT tranny only has 37k miles on it now and was surprised the connector was leaking as bad as it was. I heard from the owner of our local Euro shop that there was a warranty issue with them?

A few days ago, I went away from the Eurocharged tranny tune and loaded the VTech tranny tune from Poland. I like the VTech tune a lot better. It doesn't hunt around for gears near as much as the EC tune did.

Couldn't be happier with this car..... I never get tired of outrunning almost everything with it!!

Jared
The transmission electrical connectors leak very often. I had one that was brand new that leaked a month after being installed. I've had some last a very long time. It is just luck of the draw.

Old 11-25-2020, 06:20 PM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

So I started looking around for a better way to control my homebrew crossfire "infotainment" system and came across this BMW IDrive controller that is used in the later model BMWs. I picked one up off eBay and lucky enough, it fits perfectly into the center console area where the mirror control goes with little room to spare. I was able to laser cut a hole into the console and install the iDrive controller. The connections are fairly simple and I am currently programming them into my setup. It takes just 4 wires (12V, Ground, Can H, Can L) and runs at 500KBPS. The controller has the standard media buttons shown in the picture, a scroll encoder wheel around the trim of the circle (something I plan to use for volume and radio station tuning) and a mouse like trackpad (kind of like a laptop) on the top where the buttons are. You can also push the scroll wheel in all four directions to activate directional arrows.

I plan to have this work with my center screen and gauge cluster as well as make a button combination for my train horn and another button combination to enable it to adjust the mirrors just as the original switch in that location did. Its always a good feeling when you can find a random part that can easily integrate into the car. I'm super excited for when I finish Ill be sure to post a video

I also got tired of the original cup holder so I made a block off plate I am going to install and put some resin on so it is one smooth piece. This way when I redo the vinyl wrap, you wont be able to tell it was there.

You can see the section I laser cut out in this picture and the original switch for size comparison

A rough install to check for fitment

Old 11-26-2020, 03:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well installed new RCM from Wings but no luck on the start, I am being told there is no new communication to PCM and I need to find an aftermarket one as Chrysler does not have any
Any suggestions at this junction as I thinking I may need entire engine
Thoughts it’s a 2006 limited with only 43,000 miles in mint shape other than no start loll
Actually not funny at all

Old 11-26-2020, 04:18 PM
Forum Regular
Received 75 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Lake Erie Boaters
Well installed new RCM from Wings but no luck on the start, I am being told there is no new communication to PCM and I need to find an aftermarket one as Chrysler does not have any
Any suggestions at this junction as I thinking I may need entire engine
Thoughts it’s a 2006 limited with only 43,000 miles in mint shape other than no start loll
Actually not funny at all
Is it cranking and just not starting? Or is it not cranking?

Jared

Old 11-26-2020, 04:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fan runs but no crank literally no clicking big nothing

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Crossfire today?