All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Old 08-24-2020, 09:34 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: What did you do to your Crossfire today?

yea I was greased from head to toe this weekend lol , but she is coming together nicely. I am learning along the way.

Old 08-24-2020, 05:32 PM
Received 193 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by KnightRyder_77
Well this weekend I finished my Luk clutch, replaced my gear oil, and got the tranny back up in my girl. Got all the bolts in but 3. It was a busy weekend. I have made a YouTube channel along the journey if you like to see all i did.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEr...yXx_H6EIbfmxHA

Wow
Does that project every look like a ton of fun

Great work

Old 08-24-2020, 05:55 PM
Received 430 Likes on 378 Posts

Maybe you should replace the starter while you have room?

Old 08-24-2020, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by ZERACER
Maybe you should replace the starter while you have room?
well i am replacing the flex disc and cented column shaft on drive shaft. And also replacing the motor mounts. Starter could be pricey but good idea..

Old 08-25-2020, 11:54 PM

Today was a great day! Finished my transmission install. And next is my motor mounts. Any tips on thats ??

Old 08-26-2020, 08:52 AM
Received 608 Likes on 488 Posts

Well this weekend I finished my Luk clutch, replaced my gear oil, and got the tranny back up in my girl. Got all the bolts in but 3. It was a busy weekend. I have made a YouTube channel along the journey if you like to see all i did.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEr...yXx_H6EIbfmxHA

Originally Posted by UrbanE
Wow
Does that project every look like a ton of fun

Great work
"FUN" isn't the word I would use to describe this activity!!

Last edited by dedwards0323; 08-26-2020 at 08:56 AM.
Old 08-26-2020, 02:10 PM

@dedwards0323 well it has been a major learning curve. I knew when I bought this car she been setting a while. and would need a lot TLC. Last night Tranny was completed. Today I am bleeding the lines and Slave. I am still waiting on my RCM to come in from repairs. Then I have the motor mounts, center column and flex discs. and put the exhaust on and drive her out the garage with a smile

first time working on a German motor. One thing I do know is I don't like those torque bolts.

Old 08-26-2020, 03:18 PM

@dedwards0323 well it has been a major learning curve. I knew when I bought this car she been setting a while. and would need a lot TLC. Last night Tranny was completed. Today I am bleeding the lines and Slave. I am still waiting on my RCM to come in from repairs. Then I have the motor mounts, center column and flex discs. and put the exhaust on and drive her out the garage with a smile

first time working on a German motor. One thing I do know is I don't like those torque bolts.
I have the utmost respect for anyone that takes on the level of repairs similar to those you are pursuing. Having been there on other vehicles myself, while I felt quite good completing a task with a vehicle on jack stands or similar, I don't recall it ever being "FUN". HAH, HAH, HAH!!!

Good Luck with your ongoing repairs. Should be interesting reading in future posts.

The following users liked this post:
KnightRyder_77 (08-26-2020)
Old 08-26-2020, 04:20 PM
Forum Regular
Received 223 Likes on 155 Posts

Curious as to why you are this deep into a recently purchased used car. Symptoms ? Was it troubling shooting that brought this to light ? Whatever your response, I wish I had your drive and talent.

Old 08-26-2020, 04:42 PM

At least when he is done he will know these cars in and out. I've done many restorations in my life and most were just for the satisfaction of having figured it out and the accomplishment. I used to be asked what they were worth and my answer was alway $200.00 - $300.00 scrap or whatever someone else is willing to pay for it.

Old 08-26-2020, 06:47 PM

@JoeO So I bought my XF at a very low price of $2100. I knew when I bought it, that it needed a TPS Pedal. However I drove the car for 1 month and all was fine. I was on my way to work went to hit 3rd gear at 3000 RPMS and the clutch was gone. After 2 weeks of trouble shooting I decided it needed a new clutch. I have always wanted a Coupe 6spd and I found one at a great price. Once I drove the car I fell in love with how well it handled and knew there was so much I could do to this car.

However as of now I am just taking care of all the basic maintenance. until I do anything else. But i also love to work on cars lol

Old 08-26-2020, 07:10 PM

@ZERACER hey thanks yea one of the biggest reasons is I love to know my car. and I really don't trust garages any more. and I defiantly wont take my car to the dealership. They have NO clue what their doing. I am very happy with my progress, and thank you for the encouragement.

Old 08-28-2020, 12:45 AM
Forum Regular
Received 135 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Valk
I sent it to LED Fix and it was repaired and returned within one week

Replacement LED Third Brake Lights For Chrysler Crossfire

I just happened to run across this EBAY listing and thought it might be of use to someone. Although the LED re-builder is correct about the roadster lamp no longer being available new, the coupe's LED lamp can still be found BRAND NEW for roughly the same price as a rebuild.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2004-2008-C...A/223515300568

Old 08-28-2020, 05:21 PM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I opened up my headlights over the week to replace the halo led's that started to fail on me and polished them up while I was at it. I realized when I was taking it apart that these headlights have a port on them for an auto leveling motor and decided to see if I can make it work. I took the leveling motors out of my Audi S4 (also Valeo headlights) and by random luck, they fit perfectly into the hole. The motors twist lock into place as it was meant to be from the factory. I almost wonder if Chrysler had plans to add this as an option but never proceeded to. I am now going to see if I can integrate them into the touch screen so I can adjust them to be pointed slightly higher when no one is in front of me and tilt down when I am in traffic so I dont blind anyone. Ill probably post a video when I finish.

Here is a quick bench test -

Original manual adjustment screw

New auto level motor

Fits perfectly into the back hole in place of the manual adjustment screw

Temporary wiring for testing. Red =12V, Black = ground, white = about 2-10V signal for headlight height. Motor wont adjust when input signal is either ground (0V) or 12V as a short circuit prevention feature in case the wire gets cut or shorted somewhere

Last edited by rbracy10406; 08-28-2020 at 05:41 PM.
Old 08-28-2020, 05:45 PM

They were used on the European versions.

Old 08-28-2020, 06:10 PM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ZERACER
They were used on the European versions.
Makes sense. Any chance you know what they connected to weather it be the BCM or another module? Curious if I can make something existing work with what I have

Old 08-28-2020, 06:28 PM
Received 610 Likes on 510 Posts

Originally Posted by rbracy10406
I opened up my headlights over the week to replace the halo led's that started to fail on me and polished them up while I was at it. I realized when I was taking it apart that these headlights have a port on them for an auto leveling motor and decided to see if I can make it work. I took the leveling motors out of my Audi S4 (also Valeo headlights) and by random luck, they fit perfectly into the hole. The motors twist lock into place as it was meant to be from the factory. I almost wonder if Chrysler had plans to add this as an option but never proceeded to. I am now going to see if I can integrate them into the touch screen so I can adjust them to be pointed slightly higher when no one is in front of me and tilt down when I am in traffic so I dont blind anyone. Ill probably post a video when I finish.

Here is a quick bench test - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBz_WUZE__Y

Original manual adjustment screw

New auto level motor

Fits perfectly into the back hole in place of the manual adjustment screw

Temporary wiring for testing. Red =12V, Black = ground, white = about 2-10V signal for headlight height. Motor wont adjust when input signal is either ground (0V) or 12V as a short circuit prevention feature in case the wire gets cut or shorted somewhere
The auto levelling is a European requirement.

Old 08-29-2020, 07:59 PM

Today was a great day! I got my clutch lines and shifter **** all connected. And got the slave cylinder bled and brake lines all flushed. Also cleaned my heat shield that had no clue was silver. And all gears shift so smooth. And finally removed an old sticker that was on the bumper. Tomorrow I am doing the engine mounts.

Old 08-29-2020, 08:38 PM

Great progress!

The following users liked this post:
KnightRyder_77 (08-29-2020)
Old 08-30-2020, 10:15 AM
Forum Regular
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

~ Installed the used oem SC pulley back onto the rescue ssbSRT. That car had been down since early April when I sent the pulley off to be used at PSE to set up and test the rebuilt SC unit until the new
OEM clutch pulleys arrived. The car was a dusty cat-printed mess being in the garage uncovered, so I gave it a proper bath after a short test drive. 109,000 on that one and she runs great....not quite as strong as the black SRT with 165,000....I wish my upholsterer hadn't closed his shop seat repair is next.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Crossfire today?