All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Old 03-31-2012, 10:46 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Re: What did you do to your Crossfire today?

I did a nice little fuel mod thanks to TTM and Steve.

Old 04-01-2012, 07:55 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by grip grip

Looks great. Can't wait to get mine installed in a couple weeks.

Old 04-01-2012, 08:23 AM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq

Originally Posted by grip grip

What are we looking for here? Is it the braided line with blue/red fitting. Is that a fuel rail loop to join from left to right?

Old 04-01-2012, 10:20 AM
Administrator
Received 965 Likes on 752 Posts

In the last two weeks - new front brake pads, new drive belt, oil change.

In the last 48 hours - coolant flush, wiper blades, -10C fan mod, steering stabilizer, wash-clay-polish-two coats of NXT 2.0 wax.

Less than six days to the spring Dragon....

Old 04-01-2012, 01:27 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by amx1397
Dashdaq from Needswings,,installed by Rudy who is now with speedriven

thanx - I'm looking into an OBD system...I've never had one in my entire life but now, since I've been on the Crossfire foum, I've discovered all these "toys" I can't live without...lol

Old 04-01-2012, 09:16 PM
Received 251 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by coolx
thanx - I'm looking into an OBD system...I've never had one in my entire life but now, since I've been on the Crossfire foum, I've discovered all these "toys" I can't live without...lol
this reads off the OBD . jim

Old 04-01-2012, 09:22 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by SparkieSRT6
What are we looking for here? Is it the braided line with blue/red fitting. Is that a fuel rail loop to join from left to right?

Bingo.

Old 04-02-2012, 07:01 AM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

First thing I did was forget the camera to take pictures as I worked. I took off my additional H/E the other day in preparation for this project in case I ran into problems and ran out of time. I removed the nose of the car, took some cardboard from old legal pads and started folding/trimming and seeing what was possible with ductwork to direct air into the heat exchanger and radiator. I made it in 5 pieces. 2 side pieces behind the bumper support and 2 more or less L shaped pieces that fit into the nose of the car. I made a lexan tray to go under the belly pan too. (that was hard to work with, incorrect cutting tools) For the side and L pieces I used roofing flashing material. 5 dollars, perfect! I only built the sides up to the inlet for the supercooler on the passenger side and almost to the CAI elbow on the drivers side. I left the rest alone as I didn't see a whole lot I could do with the CAI elbows etc. in the area. I set the nose in place to finalize the pieces that fit into the nose. The finished product is crude, but most of the escape routes are now plugged and should force more air into the radiator. I'll find that darned camera and take some pictures of what is visible today or tomorrow. I hope for positive results but I'm not getting my hopes too high. Every day I find new uses for what I learned in Kindergarten. It wasn't wasted time after all.

Les

Old 04-02-2012, 08:14 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by velociabstract
but most of the escape routes are now plugged and should force more air into the radiator.
Les
Les, I am certainly no expert, but to a degree, I would think the air would need to flow 'through' some areas so the front of you car is not like a sail, catching wind and slowing you down. Interested to see what your results yield.

Glad you never stop trying new things

Old 04-02-2012, 09:18 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In the last week:
1. Ran the dragon 2x last Monday and Tuesday.
2. Let it spend the night at the Fontana Lodge under beeyootiful clear Spring skies.
3. Took it down the road to Franklin, NC then on to Sylva/Dillsboro, NC and return charting a new course for the soon to be debuted "TOURIST CLASS" run at this year's Spring Dragon.
4. Parked it in front of the Fontana Church while I checked things out for the Dragon Easter Service (9:00 - 9:50 a.m.).
5. Got a new 2013 TN. registration sticker for the license tag.
6. Changed the oil, filters, debugged the front grill(s) washed/waxed and 303d the roof.
7. Bought a soon to be delivered bra(!) just in time to make the Spring Dragon.
8. Spent $49.85 for 3/4 tank of gas.
9. Will replace the lic. tag buttons since one is missing.
10. Had head/fog light protective films applied to the light lenses.
PACEMAKER

Old 04-02-2012, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by BoilerUpXFire
Les, I am certainly no expert, but to a degree, I would think the air would need to flow 'through' some areas so the front of you car is not like a sail, catching wind and slowing you down. Interested to see what your results yield.

Glad you never stop trying new things
I'm running hot at the race track and I'm trying to follow a logical pattern to resolve it. The car runs at normal temperatures during normal usage. No problems in traffic etc. My car has 100 hp more than stock at the moment and the radiator with the supercooler and air filters in the front isn't handling the extra heat being produced. I've tried several things with no real success. It's looking like a water methanol injection is the answer. Leaving the supercooler in place if possible. I may have to yank it out and go back to the stock H/E but with water/methanol I may be better off with the stocker. We'll see. Some of my racer friends solved heat issues with some shrouds/ductwork in the front of the car which is why I'm giving it a go.

Les

Old 04-02-2012, 08:58 PM
Forum Regular

The paint on my coupe's roof molding is chipping off, so I took the driver's side molding off to sand it down and prep it for repainting. When I got through the paint I noticed the metal molding is made of aluminum, the same color as the silver window trim, so I sanded all the paint off the entire molding then I used a polishing compound to bring it to a smooth finish and then one coat of wax. I re-installed it and I must say, IMO, it looks pretty good, I'm going to do that to the other side also and keep that look for awhile..

Last edited by coolx; 04-14-2012 at 09:15 PM.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:12 PM
Received 251 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by coolx
The paint on my coupe's roof molding is chipping off, so I took the driver's side molding off to sand it down and prep it for repainting. When I got through the paint I noticed the metal molding is made of aluminum, the same color as the silver window trim, so I sanded all the paint off the entire molding then I used a polishing compound to bring it to a smooth finish and then one coat of wax. I re-installed it and I must say, IMO, it looks pretty good, I'm going to do that to the other side also and keep that look for awhile..
that sounds great, lets see a picture or two. jim

Old 04-02-2012, 09:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tinted all my lights!

Old 04-02-2012, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by lildaddym
Checked the air filters, put new gasket material on the upper valve covers, and drove it!
Valve cover gasket material worked! Now to complete the repair on the back window...found out it's still leaking...

Old 04-03-2012, 12:10 AM

Installed srt front sway bar (thanks Jim). In nc now, going to try out some back roads later today. I can tell already it makes a difference

Old 04-03-2012, 06:30 PM
Forum Regular

Not done today, but recently...

Needswings Single CAI

Cut Out Part of the Stock Grille for the Filter

Eyelids by Squirrel Crusher (covered in Carbon Fiber wrap)

New Pop Up Color Monitor for the Back Up Camera
Ignore the faux carbon fiber. It's to cover the plate that the monitor sits on. Still needs some work.

Cup Holder in the Armrest/Storage Bin

Old 04-03-2012, 09:02 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I finally put the heater fan covers back on, they have been off since the Denver trip. No I didn't replace the motor and relay yet, It still works fine, well with a little variation in the speed, and I sqeek to much to change it now.

Old 04-04-2012, 07:09 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I dressed up the motor in preparation for the Dragon.

And I had several pieces painted body color, and decided to get creative. We prepped and sprayed the clip from my SpyderCo knife in graphite metallic body color, turned out pretty well IMO

Old 04-06-2012, 12:08 PM

I went to my favorite shop to have the front fenders rolled a little so the 255's would fit better. They only do their own cars? Bah, but wait, they gave me the tool and told me to watch youtube and be very careful. So I purchased a heat gun, watched lots of tutorials on youtube and rolled my front fenders. Unfortunately my Stoptech calipers are in the way so I couldn't roll all the way to the front fascia/fender joint. The basement where I work is dark enough that I can't tell how good a job I did but the tires shouldn't rub anymore. I took advantage to heat and reform the spots where the tires have been rubbing. I should be tire to fender contact free from now.

Les

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Crossfire today?