All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Old 07-08-2019, 10:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Originally Posted by WD40

I fixed the "aluminum foil" wrap that kept cutting me on the door pull handle by putting leather on it.
That doesn't look half bad. Is it from an EBAY retailer?[/QUOTE]

I bought the leather and Barge cement from Amazon. I cut the leather and wet formed it to the handle shape before I secured it with the cement.

Check this out at Amazon.com
A-1 Upholstery Leather Piece Cowhide Black Light Weight 12 x 24 inches 2 SF
Amazon Amazon

Barge infinity cement 1 quart
Amazon Amazon

Old 07-09-2019, 09:56 AM
Forum Regular
Received 135 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by MadHatter
That doesn't look half bad. Is it from an EBAY retailer?
I bought the leather and Barge cement from Amazon. I cut the leather and wet formed it to the handle shape before I secured it with the cement.

A-1 Upholstery Leather Piece Cowhide Black Light Weight 12 x 24 inches 2 SF https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003AP4CME..._zvHiDbAWDPTVF

Barge infinity cement 1 quart https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00F8M9920..._DyHiDbBS9FBZV
You sound like you work at that great leather shop at the Peachtree city airport (aircraft interiors mainly). Can't remember the name of it... haven't lived in Atlanta for 12 years.
But anyway yeah, it looks great. I'll have to look into it as mine will only get worse with time.

Last edited by WD40; 07-09-2019 at 09:58 AM.
Old 07-09-2019, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by WD40
[color=#333333]
You sound like you work at that great leather shop at the Peachtree city airport (aircraft interiors mainly). Can't remember the name of it... haven't lived in Atlanta for 12 years.
But anyway yeah, it looks great. I'll have to look into it as mine will only get worse with time.
Funny thing is I have very little experience with leather. I fixed one of my old longbow's handles once and that's it. I'm just glad it turned out okay since that cement drys very fast and I only got one shot at it.

Old 07-09-2019, 03:01 PM

Hi everyone,
Well to be honest I didn't do anything to my Crossfire today but I did have an independent foreign car repair shop replace the two front coil springs. I found out during the Pennsylvania yearly inspection that the right front coil spring was broken. It didn't seem to affect the car and I was shocked when the inspection technician showed me the broken spring. I purchased two new springs from NeedsWings and had the independent foreign car repair shop replace the springs and check the front end alignment. Even though the car seemed to ride fine before the springs were replaced (I have no idea when the spring broke) the car's ride is firmer and tighter. Very impressive with the new springs.

Old 07-11-2019, 06:05 PM
Received 608 Likes on 488 Posts

Took the time this morning to clean & treat the leather seating surfaces in my 2007 Coupe. Something I do every 6 months and keeps the leather looking like new.

Old 07-14-2019, 10:15 PM

Today was a rainy day so SRT-6 is in the garage and looking many things arount it. (i own this car since 1 month only) Finaly i work on the leakin back glass beginned to unstick from the convertible top. 2 day a go i realise the back glass is leaking during the end of a 550 miles and 13 hours run. (Last 2 hours in the rain). Also removed the passenger seat because i am in doubt the water leakage of the back glass could let water inside the habitacle compartment. (remove seat and lifting carpet and put my hand under to realise it is dry) but like i often say: "in case of doubt, no doubt"!
Also, after reading many issues about " non starting car " i want to check the 3 spotwelds in the relays box. (near the battery) and one begin to crack like i see on pictures in many post. So, like before "in case of doubt, no doubt"! All 3 problematics spots are re-weld.

Tomorrow i plan to replace intercooler electrical pump. During my last trip, it happens occasionnaly loosing power like described in many post..... Car have now 38600miles (problematic milleage).
I bought this car rather than motorcycle because now i am the type of rider who looking every where in the nature! So Motorcycle is too hazardous for my running type!
Hope the rest of the summer will be for road trips and car waxing!

Old 07-14-2019, 10:49 PM
Forum Regular
Received 223 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by GraphiteGhost
Congrats on the XF! USAF 23 years 72-95. Come back with some pictures and some info. Good luck with the car!

2004 .......48,500 drives like a dream.......!!

he promised to give up snacks for to pay for Premium

Old 07-15-2019, 10:07 AM

Off and on over the last few days I've been doing rust !! The car spent a lot of its life on the coast in the UK and I expected a bit of rust when I bought it. The body work is lovely but underneath I noticed quite nasty rust bubbles inside the transmission tunnel ( mainly ) and a few other places like under the radiator support beam. So I ground out the rust to the metal & used rust paint 1st & 2nd coat & underseal the 3rd. Tackled a bit of rust around the boot opening handle, and anywhere else I could see little bits, although all the arches etc no problems. As its hot here now any trapped water will have evaporated, so it's a good time to do rust.

Old 07-15-2019, 07:31 PM
Received 503 Likes on 429 Posts

Originally Posted by JoeO

2004 .......48,500 drives like a dream.......!!

he promised to give up snacks for to pay for Premium

Hey Joe, GREAT looking graphite (the best color). Love the dog, looks totally comfortable in the right seat. Suggest a seat restraint for the dog. They usually clip on the factory seat belt. Good luck with the car!

Old 07-18-2019, 10:34 AM

Installed a wind deflector on my 2006 Roadster.

Old 07-18-2019, 03:58 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a question I was going to buy seats from a limited, leather and electric, will they work in a Base Crossfire. Is there a plug that will fit my car? let me know thank you

Old 07-18-2019, 06:25 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The wind deflector is sooooooooo nice!

Old 07-20-2019, 12:43 AM
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by xxxxfire
Off and on over the last few days I've been doing rust !! The car spent a lot of its life on the coast in the UK and I expected a bit of rust when I bought it...
Be sure to check under the door seals at the bottom of each door. Pull the seal out of it's channel (pull from the top of the seal)--water collects there.

Old 07-20-2019, 04:39 PM

Hope I attached these images correctly. Don't post much on this forum but thought I would share to yall what my crossfire is currently looking like.

Interior is like 95% done, need to recolor the steering wheel as it is brown/tan...

exterior is almost done. Probably going to change the color of the calipers to something else.

And have some super fat tires on it currently. Toyota Proxys R888Rs 285/35r19.

anyway hope yall like it

Old 07-20-2019, 04:54 PM
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by AtomicBubbles
Hope I attached these images correctly. Don't post much on this forum but thought I would share to yall what my crossfire is currently looking like.

Interior is like 95% done, need to recolor the steering wheel as it is brown/tan...

exterior is almost done. Probably going to change the color of the calipers to something else.

And have some super fat tires on it currently. Toyota Proxys R888Rs 285/35r19.

anyway hope yall like it

Those Braum seats just blew my mind! I'd love to get more details on them when you have time. Spectacular!

Old 07-20-2019, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by KeithTexas
Those Braum seats just blew my mind! I'd love to get more details on them when you have time. Spectacular!

They are very nice! I was supremely happy with the results... And they actually have the custom made brackets FOR CROSSFIRES on their site. Its hard to find products that have been made for our car...
very nice quality and if you're a tall person like me (6'3) then you will enjoy the increased leg/headroom that these give you.
Install was pretty easy as well...

If you have any questions on the seats just let me know and I'll answer them for you!

Old 07-20-2019, 07:28 PM
Received 193 Likes on 136 Posts

Wow the interior and exterior both look great.

Love the seats

Old 07-20-2019, 07:36 PM
Received 193 Likes on 136 Posts

Spent the day installing the turn signal mirrors.

The instructions lead you to believe that it’s a quick project.

Ive discovered that this was not the case

if any of you need to remove the mirrors, get a T40 Torx wrench (image included)
a std T40 socket and ratchet will not fit

Old 07-22-2019, 01:29 PM

Does anyone have the "CROSSFIRE" style lettering on a word doc? I debadged my car last weekend and want to replicate the letters out of the same color vinyl I striped the fenders with. I have access to a Gerber but need the lettering in a word doc so I can download to the gerber.

Old 07-22-2019, 02:35 PM

Added fender stripes quite a while ago but just thought to add photos to the forum. Also wrapped the side stakes and door handles in same color. Sent this particular photo to RockAuto.com and they made a collector magnet out of it and sent me about 50 magnets for my collection.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Crossfire today?