All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Old 03-17-2019, 06:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Washed my baby and got her ready for a full week of commuting. The weather here in Dallas finally broke into sunshine and no rain in the forecast!

Old 03-17-2019, 07:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice paint job!!! It gonna look very clean! We’re gonna have to compete with our blues!!

Old 03-17-2019, 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by AtomicBubbles
Nice paint job!!! It gonna look very clean! We’re gonna have to compete with our blues!!

what percentage is the tint on your windows ? Im thinking of tinting mine but dont wanna go to dark , i like yours

Old 03-18-2019, 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by Moore2575
what percentage is the tint on your windows ? Im thinking of tinting mine but dont wanna go to dark , i like yours
this is 5% all the way around so it doesn’t get much darker than that.

Old 03-18-2019, 12:10 AM

it really doesnt look that dark , i can still see the house numbers through the side window

Old 03-20-2019, 10:02 PM

it really doesnt look that dark , i can still see the house numbers through the side window
Well you can still see through 5% especially on a white wall in the direct sunlight haha. But, I assure you no one can see you from the sides through into the interior with 5%.

Old 03-21-2019, 03:15 AM

But its just as hard to see out at night

Old 03-22-2019, 09:15 AM
Received 607 Likes on 402 Posts

Took my 2006 roadster in for a new top yesterday.

Old 03-22-2019, 02:59 PM
Received 608 Likes on 488 Posts

Planning to attend the Coffee & Cars monthly gathering on Saturday (0800-1100) at the Michelin HQ building in Greenville. So I took some time today to vacuum & detail the interior, clean & treat the leather seating surfaces (semi-annual task in Spring & Fall), and cleaned all 4 wheels. Car still looks good from last washing, which was a couple of weeks back. Will go over the car exterior once I get to car show Saturday morning. Always get a few curious onlookers that don't recall the Crossfire and/or how it came to be. Makes for interesting discussion. For me, the Coffee & Cars is more about the car enthusiasts in the area and the rides they bring to the event. And the weather is predicted to be clear & sunny all weekend.

Old 03-27-2019, 11:31 PM
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I had fun today driving the Willow City, Texas loop to see the Texas Bluebonnets in bloom. Beautiful day.

Old 04-08-2019, 09:24 PM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

My cupholder broke a while back and I never really thought it was a good design by default so I decided to repurpose the spot. I 3d printed a phone holder that goes into the original cup holder space with a built in QI charger. This way all I have to do is drop the phone into the spot and it will start charging. I still have to sand it, paint it and mount it but you can get the basic idea on how its going to look. I think I am going to do Piano Black on it along with redoing the rest of the center console. After this, I will be looking to design better hideaway cup holders probably built into the lid of the center storage compartment but I'm not 100% sure yet

Old 04-09-2019, 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by rbracy10406
My cupholder broke a while back and I never really thought it was a good design by default so I decided to repurpose the spot. I 3d printed a phone holder that goes into the original cup holder space with a built in QI charger. This way all I have to do is drop the phone into the spot and it will start charging. I still have to sand it, paint it and mount it but you can get the basic idea on how its going to look. I think I am going to do Piano Black on it along with redoing the rest of the center console. After this, I will be looking to design better hideaway cup holders probably built into the lid of the center storage compartment but I'm not 100% sure yet

i want 1 thats a good useful idea

Old 04-16-2019, 07:29 PM

This is a really cool idea! Do you have the 3D image up for download anywhere?

Old 04-16-2019, 11:04 PM
Received 610 Likes on 510 Posts

I started to trial fit my one piece double din radio bezel, this has the buttons under the radio rather than in the arm rest.

Old 04-17-2019, 04:45 PM

I had the pleasure of replacing my alternator today.

Old 04-17-2019, 06:01 PM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

AFGRC -- I am going to modify it some so it will clip into the hole better and then re print it. Once i do, Ill post it on Thingiverse and let you know. I got side tracked and had to start working on my other car because I smashed my windshield with my hood. Long story short, hood pins are on carbon fiber hoods for a reason and it really sucks when you forget to put them back in. lol

HazMatt -- That really sucks. I had to change mine out when I was driving from NJ to NC. In the middle of the night when I was in Virginia, my battery light randomly came on. I made it to an advanced auto parts that just had a grand opening the week before (Thank God) and slept in the car from 4am until they opened at 9am. As you can imagine, the Crossfire it not meant for sleeping in. Luckily they had one and I was able to swap it out and be on my way. That was 4-5 years ago and its been fine ever since (knock on wood)

Last edited by rbracy10406; 04-17-2019 at 06:04 PM.
Old 04-17-2019, 06:56 PM

You're lucky they had it in stock. The first three stores I went to didn't have it. I ended up ordering it online because it was half the price. I was pretty surprised it failed being that the vehicle only has 57,000 miles on it. But I'm thrilled to have my roadster back.
Originally Posted by rbracy10406
AFGRC -- I am going to modify it some so it will clip into the hole better and then re print it. Once i do, Ill post it on Thingiverse and let you know. I got side tracked and had to start working on my other car because I smashed my windshield with my hood. Long story short, hood pins are on carbon fiber hoods for a reason and it really sucks when you forget to put them back in. lol

HazMatt -- That really sucks. I had to change mine out when I was driving from NJ to NC. In the middle of the night when I was in Virginia, my battery light randomly came on. I made it to an advanced auto parts that just had a grand opening the week before (Thank God) and slept in the car from 4am until they opened at 9am. As you can imagine, the Crossfire it not meant for sleeping in. Luckily they had one and I was able to swap it out and be on my way. That was 4-5 years ago and its been fine ever since (knock on wood)

Old 04-22-2019, 09:00 PM
Forum Regular

I finally replaced my battery on the Crossfire. It had been on a trickle charger that failed over the winter. I just noticed it as I was taking it out of storage today. That battery was placed in service on September 2010. Using that charger each winter I got 9 years of use on that battery. Probably could have charged it but I figured it was time to replace it.

Old 04-30-2019, 08:47 AM
Forum Regular
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

My tech and I performed the "sticky key" fix on the black SRT6. I had gotten to the point to where it HAD to be done. One thing the video that I watched did not mention was that the EXTENDABLE STEERING COLUMN needs to be fully extended to see the release button on the ignition assembly..Other than that, it went well...key is as smooth as butter now...Peace.

Old 05-02-2019, 05:41 PM

Changed out all my interior, trunk and license plate bulbs to Super Bright LED's and wow...just wow. I am so glad i did it. Next will be headlights, running lights, etc.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Crossfire today?