All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Old 06-28-2017, 07:54 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Originally Posted by harbor
Participated in the 12th annual Michigan Mille rally last weekend. Four day event with a great group of cars including a Panoz roadster, TVR, Sunbeam Tiger, Austin Healey, etc.....

https://youtu.be/eewBos9xYyc

Would love to have a Panoz or Sunbeam Tiger. Both neat cars.

Old 06-29-2017, 06:25 PM
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I installed a power antenna adapter. had the car since 2008 with bad reception and now it should be fixed... time will tell...
What else do I have sitting around and never installed... maybe the cargo cover but I will wait for another day

Old 06-29-2017, 06:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by UK Sid
Fitted a new gear **** today - took all of 30 seconds!

What a difference though, looks better and feels a million times better. The original (imo) is nasty.
I'll get some pics up at the w/e....

MERCEDES AUTOMATIC GEAR **** WOOD LOOK CHROME BLACK A B C E G CL CLK SLK ML S R | eBay
Very nice, bet it looks great!

Old 06-29-2017, 11:31 PM
Received 608 Likes on 488 Posts

Missed taking the wife to CAA-08 this year due to conflict with business travel. So we've been taking some day trips in & around the area with the XFire. Took the wife to the northern side of the county today where we stopped & ate at a very nice little restaurant in Landrum, NC. Place is called the Stone Soup. During our way back home, the coupe turned over 19k on the ODO. I've put 17.5k on the car since I purchased in 2008.

Also used one of those "Glossy Wipes" on the car after I got home. You know, the ones that always get passed out at the various car shows. Turns out it did a really nice job of "glossing" up the Coupe. Of course, the Coupe has a really good detail job on the exterior as I had prepped the car for CAA-08 event.

Old 06-30-2017, 08:27 AM
Received 610 Likes on 510 Posts

Originally Posted by dedwards0323
Missed taking the wife to CAA-08 this year due to conflict with business travel. So we've been taking some day trips in & around the area with the XFire. Took the wife to the northern side of the county today where we stopped & ate at a very nice little restaurant in Landrum, NC. Place is called the Stone Soup. During our way back home, the coupe turned over 19k on the ODO. I've put 17.5k on the car since I purchased in 2008.

Also used one of those "Glossy Wipes" on the car after I got home. You know, the ones that always get passed out at the various car shows. Turns out it did a really nice job of "glossing" up the Coupe. Of course, the Coupe has a really good detail job on the exterior as I had prepped the car for CAA-08 event.
Did you do this over the accumulated dust from the road trip?
Maybe you used baby wipes first to get rid of the you know what.

Old 06-30-2017, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
Did you do this over the accumulated dust from the road trip?
Maybe you used baby wipes first to get rid of the you know what.
Hah, Hah. That's funny! I looked over the car and saw only light dust on the car. So I used my California Duster to remove the dust and then used the Glossy Wipe all over. Glossy Wipe actual did a good job of removing the remaining dirt that the duster didn't.

Old 07-01-2017, 10:57 PM

Two days before the show, one of the mechanics helped me smooth out some road rash on the rims, from the previous owner, should of done it sooner, but I didn't think anything of it while I have been cleaning up the rest of the car.

Last edited by Lurkin; 07-10-2017 at 07:41 PM.
Old 07-02-2017, 12:22 AM

In the last 2 weeks I got my car out of storage and towed to the shop. There they put new calipers, pads and those other things. Geez I hate getting old. Also a new fan addy. New battery. New wires, plugs, and belt. New oil and filter. New wipers. New air cleaner. Then off to the body shop for a hood paint and detail. Then off to the head liner shop for a new one of those. I probably left out somethings but I'm now $4500 lighter in my wallet and I'm not done yet.

Old 07-02-2017, 12:27 AM

See I did forget. I also got A/C working and my drivers seat working. And redid the glazing on my headlights.

Old 07-02-2017, 12:31 AM

Oh my leaky valve covers repaired also.

Old 07-05-2017, 05:58 AM
Forum Regular

Put these on today , big door and i swing it out , thats my rational anyway ;-)
they look ok too, everyone thats seen em says wot a good idea.

2Pc Car LED Door Opened Warning Light Strobe Lamp Wireless Flash Indicator | eBay

Last edited by daveesrt6; 07-05-2017 at 06:01 AM. Reason: sisleksia
Old 07-08-2017, 09:13 AM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Had the old rear window problem everyone talks about and tried several different re glue's before I got one that seems to be working, until I can get it fully covered by my insurance which is telling me they will cover what ever the cost it even if it means replacing the whole top!! Anyway the gorilla glue sealant did not work but the regular gorilla DID, as it hardened I cleaned the extra off before it got completely set, have put the top up and down several times and is holding perfect, I cleaned everything up and then took a black permanent marker to cover the glue that showed as top and car are Black, looks like new until summer is over and I replace everything!! with insurance.

Old 07-10-2017, 02:14 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by daveesrt6
Put these on today , big door and i swing it out , thats my rational anyway ;-)
they look ok too, everyone thats seen em says wot a good idea.

2Pc Car LED Door Opened Warning Light Strobe Lamp Wireless Flash Indicator eBay
what does that actually do? Is it just a red light so on-street parking is safer? Or does it help with getting the door open without banging into the next car? They are huge doors.

Old 07-10-2017, 02:42 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by TheThomaswastaken
what does that actually do? Is it just a red light so on-street parking is safer? Or does it help with getting the door open without banging into the next car? They are huge doors.
The lights stick on inside the doors above the lock latch, they light up and flash red when the door is opened to warn people, Probably cyclists , off from running into the door.
They turn off when the door is closed (provided the tiny magnet is stuck in the right spot opposite so the light senses it ok.
no wiring to run just stick em on in the right place

Old 07-10-2017, 06:36 AM
Received 159 Likes on 147 Posts

That China web site clearly states "DOES NOT SHIP TO UNITED STATES"
but this one does :
Universal Car LED Door Opened Warning Light Wireless anti-collid Flash Light 2pc | eBay

Old 07-10-2017, 07:02 AM
Forum Regular

Yep thats them .
It seems China is great at taking modern technology and turning it into interesting "stuff" we didnt know we wanted ! and really cheap too !
Here we just make iron ore an coffee these days. but i digress sorry

Old 07-10-2017, 08:23 AM

These look slick! Looks to be an effective warning light.

Old 07-10-2017, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by Lurkin
Two days before the show, one of the mechanics helped me smooth out some road rash on the rims, from the previous owner, should of done it sooner, but I didn't think anything of it while I have been cleaning up the rest of the car.

I am, curious about the brand and size tire you have on the rear! Why would you put such a cheap tire on a nice car? Under $300. for a set of 4! Put some good skins on it and have the wheels redone, it's certainly not show ready like that. Sorry about raggin' on you, these make an excellent show car but not looking the way it does. Sand them smooth with 600 grit then respray with a good brand of wheel paint, like Duplicolor, you can do it in an afternoon. Good luck.

Old 07-10-2017, 07:39 PM

Not sure why I would put expensive tires on when these work very well. I'd have to say they were mighty fine inexpensive, since I buy them at cost.

Old 07-10-2017, 09:54 PM
Forum Regular

My typical service adventure.
Changed oil and filter to stop my Odometer from yelling at me every time I start the car. Changed the Cabin Air Filter....and lost a retaining clip somewhere behind the passenger floorboard.
Sought out the location of the Resister Pack (thank you forum), and immediately regretted opening it AFTER I'd vacuumed the floor mats. There must have been a squirrel living in my fan housing...that, or 11 years of accumulated dirt takes a lot of space. Removed the resister pack just to be sure I could do it. I suspect mine is bad - going bad, as I get the intermittent fan operation most others have had. Let's see if just detaching and reconnecting the leads makes a minor difference. If not, the forum already told me where to buy a new one.
Besides the missing Cabin Air filter housing clip, I also lost some meat behind in the sheet metal under the dash. I can never do work on the Crossfire without a blood sacrifice...gotta start wearing long sleeves for this stuff.
Fan still makes a deep throated hum, very obvious above 4 on the switch. I'd hoped the debris reduction would handle that, but no luck. It does look like the fan could come out fairly easy, but I didn't actually try it.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Crossfire today?