All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Old 10-27-2016, 07:45 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Originally Posted by Shemuel
Good afternoon, Anyone here knows how to install a passenger side air bag and dashboard ? Found the items on e-bay need them installed.
Shemuel, this thread is designed for day to day updates on the XF, not deep dive technical questions like you have been asking. I would kindly recommend searching the forum for info or starting a thread if you have questions like these. Best of luck!

Old 10-29-2016, 05:49 PM
Received 39 Likes on 23 Posts

Replaced the headliner, looks really nice but it took a lot if time.
Not sure I would do it again.

Old 10-29-2016, 10:31 PM
Received 193 Likes on 136 Posts
Smile Re: What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Completed the last item on my NA to SRT conversion.

Installed the front cover

Old 11-05-2016, 10:00 PM
Forum Regular
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

"What did you do to your Crossfire today" NOTHING. Steve C. did it all. Don't know who remembers my post awhile back about taking the headliner out of my XF. Steve did it. Ya-No
there isn't much you can say about a friend like this. I live in MA he, lives in NH. Well, I will tell you the headliner was fixed by a local shop here in MA. and was in my garage safe and sound. YUP, that pain the *** came back down from NH and re-installed it today. I say PAIN -IN THE *** because he won't take anything for his help. Nothing, well a couple of cups of coffee maybe. Me, I kind of really can't do this stuff at my age etc. This guy is what you call a REAL FRIEND. A plus is he is fun to be with. OFF my soap box.
THANKS STEVE
God Bless
Bill T.

Old 11-05-2016, 11:03 PM
Forum Regular
Smile Re: What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Originally Posted by Billto
"What did you do to your Crossfire today" NOTHING. Steve C. did it all. Don't know who remembers my post awhile back about taking the headliner out of my XF. Steve did it. Ya-No
there isn't much you can say about a friend like this. I live in MA he, lives in NH. Well, I will tell you the headliner was fixed by a local shop here in MA. and was in my garage safe and sound. YUP, that pain the *** came back down from NH and re-installed it today. I say PAIN -IN THE *** because he won't take anything for his help. Nothing, well a couple of cups of coffee maybe. Me, I kind of really can't do this stuff at my age etc. This guy is what you call a REAL FRIEND. A plus is he is fun to be with. OFF my soap box.
THANKS STEVE
God Bless
Bill T.

How COOL is that!!! Reaffirms my Faith! We should always look for the Good in each other before we assume the opposite. I know 99% here are like that already.

Last edited by lovecross; 11-05-2016 at 11:06 PM. Reason: add
Old 11-07-2016, 08:53 AM
Forum Regular
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Replaced the drivers side sun visor with one out of a bone-yard on the rescueSRT. Ten miles, ten bucks, and ten minutes.

Old 11-07-2016, 04:13 PM
Received 503 Likes on 429 Posts

Originally Posted by Fla_Xfire_SRT
Replaced the drivers side sun visor with one out of a bone-yard on the rescueSRT. Ten miles, ten bucks, and ten minutes.

WOW, from what I understand about these 'sun visors', you scored BIG TIME on the entire cost! Congrats!

Old 11-09-2016, 03:56 PM
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Well, I can't do anything to the SRT's today. Packed away in my garage. Sold the car trailer, so now the slicks, jacks, air tanks, you name it, is stored in the garage too. So, for my crossfires today, I am looking at an old Pure Oil Station in my old hometown that just went up for sale. Still has the lift, plenty of storage, air system still intake, heated w/ used oil, and the fuel tanks are gone. Hopefully this may work out for "what did you do "for" your crossfires today....lol

Old 11-09-2016, 05:05 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
Well, I can't do anything to the SRT's today. Packed away in my garage. Sold the car trailer, so now the slicks, jacks, air tanks, you name it, is stored in the garage too. So, for my crossfires today, I am looking at an old Pure Oil Station in my old hometown that just went up for sale. Still has the lift, plenty of storage, air system still intake, heated w/ used oil, and the fuel tanks are gone. Hopefully this may work out for "what did you do "for" your crossfires today....lol
Make sure ,you make it known, you assume no liability for the property. Some banks won't even loan on an old "gas" or "c-store" property. I closed out a lot of fuel tanks, in the 90's.

Old 11-09-2016, 05:55 PM
Received 608 Likes on 488 Posts

There is a similar station not far from my house. But the gas tanks are still buried & I'm sure they are metal. Just too big a risk & cost to make this something I could use.

Old 11-10-2016, 07:41 AM

Let me know if you need a 'renter' or partner in that endeavor. Until we build the new house with the 12 car garage, I am a little short on space myself

Old 11-10-2016, 05:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Took the car to have it e-tested today as part of the requirements to have it licensed for the road. Naturally it passed with flying colours and no need to do anything to it in advance. Next is the Safety certification and then it's off to bed for the winter.

Old 11-10-2016, 06:23 PM
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by BoilerUpXFire
Let me know if you need a 'renter' or partner in that endeavor. Until we build the new house with the 12 car garage, I am a little short on space myself
I am looking for partners on this deal. I thought about renting the lift and tools out like what was posted above. Lot of history there.

I will ask the bank, but I believe an affidavit that the tanks have been removed and the soil test was negative should do it. I will soon find out. Trying to get an adjoining vacant lot. Might build a car wash for my retirement days.

All for what did you do 'for' your XF today...lol

Old 11-10-2016, 06:33 PM
Received 159 Likes on 147 Posts

If you are going to allow others access to the lift and tools for a fee, you best be looking into liability insurance also, or open it as a LLC.
You can have people sign waivers all you want, any decent attorney will use that as toilet paper.

Old 11-10-2016, 11:24 PM

Repaired a handful of items I've been saving up for.
Replaced crank position sensor (srt6 was stalling)
Replaced fuel filter
Replaced water reservoir
Replaced idler pulley bearing
Installed scattershield for supercharger

Shout out to Needwings for getting my parts in timely manner
Thank you Chris for the scattershield

Old 11-11-2016, 07:32 AM

I am looking for partners on this deal. I thought about renting the lift and tools out like what was posted above. Lot of history there.

I will ask the bank, but I believe an affidavit that the tanks have been removed and the soil test was negative should do it. I will soon find out. Trying to get an adjoining vacant lot. Might build a car wash for my retirement days.

All for what did you do 'for' your XF today...lol
Before DIY garage opened here in Indy, myself and a partner were going to open something similar. The insurance was the killer, as others have mentioned. The car wash is a great idea, we need to sit down and talk as I can get investor cash together relatively easily for a good project.

Old 11-11-2016, 01:18 PM
Forum Regular
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Changed out the rubber washer under the oil filler cap and under the cap neck. The lower one was seeping oil onto the manifold and onto a loose plug wire...oh my. Discovered a split in the return power steering pump hose on both SRT's. Got the correct green can of Petrosin h115 and not what Mopar is selling to refill it after the hose comes in.

Old 11-12-2016, 06:34 PM
Received 608 Likes on 488 Posts

Checked the air pressure in the tires with the arrival of cooler weather. Air pressure was around 31-32 psig. Turned on the air compressor and pumped up the tires to 36 psig all around. Went ahead & checked the other vehicles and pumped up where needed. All the vehicles measured lower air pressure due to temperature drop.

Old 11-12-2016, 08:05 PM
Default What did you do to your Crossfire today? A hacksaw job and what I did about it.

As I began work on my new-to-me 2005 Limited Coupe in preparation for a Safety Certification required in Ontario, I thought I would start with the easy things. And what could be easier than topping-up the windshield washer fluid? Lots, it turned out.

As I poured what turned out to be 4 litres of -40 fluid I noticed the cautionary note near the filler neck that warns against overfilling or spillage might occur. Curious, thought I. Surely they aren't cautioning me to pay attention to the level in the inlet tube... Duh, who doesn't know that?! Me, it turns out. Or at least it seemed so. I kept pouring and pouring and didn't stop until my foot felt wet. Yep. It was leaking alright but not because of the friction fit of the filler neck pieces. It was leaking because of a hacksaw customization of the reservoir.

My car has Lambo doors. Pretty cool, huh? Well, not if you want to keep using your OEM fluid reservoir it turns out. You see, in order to get the new hinges to work something had to give and that turns out to be said reservoir. Here's what I found and, thanks to having a small but reliable Porsche 924 container I added the attachment wing from the original reservoir and with help from a bicycle inner-tube and some J & B plastic bonder I jury-rigged a replacement until I decide what's more important: looking Lambo or OEM. Thoughts???

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
wfr1.jpg (187.0 KB, 18 views)
wfr2.jpg (151.7 KB, 18 views)
wfr3.jpg (128.0 KB, 19 views)
wfr4.jpg (213.9 KB, 19 views)

Last edited by curtisr; 11-12-2016 at 08:12 PM.
Old 11-12-2016, 10:39 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Show us the door an the hinges. I'm gonna say that they win. I would love to do that. But other projects come first. That's hilarious about your wet foot. I'm sure you'll figure it out an I would like to say ,welcome to the forum.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Crossfire today?