All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Old 08-06-2015, 09:53 AM
Received 70 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Re: What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Seafoamed the car last night. Let it sit overnight and started it this morning. Surprisingly with my cars mileage, it didn't smoke a bunch, maybe a minute or so of light puffs. Must have been pretty clean in there. I had done the fuel treatment and vacuum line treatment.

Old 08-08-2015, 02:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I washed , polished, and waxed yesterday evening. I finally got the roof trim back on today.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
DSC_0075.JPG (535.7 KB, 13 views)
DSC_0074.JPG (431.5 KB, 14 views)
DSC_0073.JPG (404.1 KB, 13 views)
Old 08-08-2015, 03:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had to replace the ing switch now the car is having problems starting Turn the key on the engine turns over like it wants to start but then dies? next tine nothing happens (dead) the next time it starts. HOws that for problems.
Going to trade it in for a Ford TBird
Don't fee llike screwing around with this.
Beautiful car and my 2ns one.
Bur Don't have time to s crew with it.
Steps

Old 08-08-2015, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by steps
Had to replace the ing switch now the car is having problems starting Turn the key on the engine turns over like it wants to start but then dies? next tine nothing happens (dead) the next time it starts. HOws that for problems.
Steps
Sounds like it could just be the crank position sensor from what I've read on here. Fairly quick and easy fix if you already have a spare sensor.

Old 08-08-2015, 06:37 PM
Forum Regular

Finally was able to get mine to just it's third show of the summer (to wet). Brought home one of the Top 40 awards.

0808151456_zps5pompv84.jpg

That makes it two out of three with the Crossfire this season. There's another show tomorrow that I want to take it to. All week they have been predicting a sunny and dry weekend , then this afternoon they changed tomorrows forecast to include a 30 to 40% chance of storms. I will have to wait until tomorrow morning to decide if it's the Crossfire or the Jeep. Overall I have won something at nine out of the 13 shows I have gone to so far this year. With the wife working a bunch of weekends this summer I decided to go all in and see how many shows I can make. I am shooting for 21, 7 for each vehicle. If the weather doesn't start cooperating I don't think I will make those numbers for the Crossfire or the Turbo Z.

Old 08-08-2015, 10:29 PM

has anyone done the RCM repair?

Old 08-09-2015, 12:37 AM
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

has anyone done the RCM repair?
The answer is Yes. Anyone who cares about their XF has done it. If you know how to solder it is an easy fix & will keep your car from dying on the road. While doing the RCM fix add the "Me so Horny" fix while your soldering iron is hot. A 40 watt iron is recommended.

Old 08-10-2015, 07:50 AM

Drove it to the local Jaguar deal for a test drive opportunity.

Nice car, performance a little below that of the SRT6 based on the butt dyno. Shifter is a little rubbery, but it does shift well and drives nice.

At $100k though, I'd have to seriously consider a Viper if I was seriously in the market for something to replace the SRT6.

Old 08-10-2015, 08:18 AM
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Egodriver71
I'd have to seriously consider a Viper if I was seriously in the market for something to replace the SRT6.
I would make a viper a daily driver.
Why not?

Old 08-10-2015, 08:47 AM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

You could find 2 cheap spare SRT 6's for the cost of the options!

Old 08-10-2015, 08:50 AM
Received 159 Likes on 147 Posts

What's this world coming to ?
A Jaguar that is 54% German.

Old 08-10-2015, 09:45 AM
Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Steps
I'm tempted to just say "good luck with your T-Bird" but would prefer to help you keep your recently purchased Alabaster Crossfire Coupe. Remember you bought a 10+ year old car and there are some common quirky issues that you'll need to attend to so you can enjoy a trouble free permagrin experience . . . SO . . .

Why did you think you needed to get your ignition switch replaced? Did you get a new ignition or a used one? Who did the work?

Did you use the original tumbler and keep your old key or are you using a new key and key fob?

It might be that your car does not recognize your new ignition / key and the anti theft system is disabling your car. Please answer the above questions so we can proceed to get things working for you . . .

Old 08-10-2015, 11:50 AM

Steps
A new T Bird has a Ford/Jaguar 4.0, used in S-Type and Lincoln LS, wife's S-Type is 3.0 six cyl, to change the passenger side spark plugs/coils require removal of intake manifold.

Old 08-10-2015, 07:17 PM

I'm tempted to just say "good luck with your T-Bird" but would prefer to help you keep your recently purchased Alabaster Crossfire Coupe. Remember you bought a 10+ year old car and there are some common quirky issues that you'll need to attend to so you can enjoy a trouble free permagrin experience . . . SO . . .

Why did you think you needed to get your ignition switch replaced? Did you get a new ignition or a used one? Who did the work? Did you use the original tumbler and keep your old key or are you using a new key and key fob?

It might be that your car does not recognize your new ignition / key and the anti theft system is disabling your car. Please answer the above questions so we can proceed to get things working for you . . .
Red dog
The key would not turn the ing switch it s locked in place and the car would not start . I bought a brand new switch and streering colum lock thee ing switch waas cut to my vin # and i am using my old keys they sent an another key but it dosen't work to start the can was told it is for the doors only I am friend with the service mag at Bozard ford and he has a tech who worked at a chrylser dealership.

Old 08-10-2015, 07:19 PM

[QUOTE=steps;844720]I'm tempted to just say "good luck with your T-Bird" but would prefer to help you keep your recently purchased Alabaster Crossfire Coupe. Remember you bought a 10+ year old car and there are some common quirky issues that you'll need to attend to so you can enjoy a trouble free permagrin experience . . . SO . . .

Why did you think you needed to get your ignition switch replaced? Did you get a new ignition or a used one? Who did the work? Did you use the original tumbler and keep your old key or are you using a new key and key fob?

Red dog
The key would not turn the ing switch it s locked in place and the car would not start . I bought a brand new switch and streering colum lock thee ing switch waas cut to my vin # and i am using my old keys they sent an another key but it dosen't work to start the can was told it is for the doors only I am friend with the service mag at Bozard ford and he has a tech who worked at a chrylser dealership. Steps

Old 08-10-2015, 09:04 PM
Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Red dog
The key would not turn the ing switch it s locked in place and the car would not start . I bought a brand new switch and streering colum lock thee ing switch waas cut to my vin # and i am using my old keys they sent an another key but it dosen't work to start the can was told it is for the doors only I am friend with the service mag at Bozard ford and he has a tech who worked at a chrylser dealership. Steps
Answer sent to Steps via PM . . .

Last edited by RED DOG; 08-10-2015 at 09:07 PM.
Old 08-11-2015, 07:42 AM

The key would not turn the ing switch it s locked in place and the car would not start . I bought a brand new switch and streering colum lock thee ing switch waas cut to my vin # and i am using my old keys they sent an another key but it dosen't work to start the can was told it is for the doors only I am friend with the service mag at Bozard ford and he has a tech who worked at a chrylser dealership.

Steps,

There are a couple of us here in the Jax area.

Let me know if you'd like me to take a look at it with you?

Old 08-11-2015, 10:04 AM

Red Dog
Looked back in our correspondence and could not find the solution that you sent would you be so kind tos end it again
Thanks
Steps

Old 08-11-2015, 01:02 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Took some LED lights out that my dad had a few years ago. I had forgotten about them until I went to check my cabin air filter today, and they were mounted to the cover that hides the filter cover. Guy that installed did a crappy job all together, on both interior and exterior LEDs. Finally got to the cabin filter, and found a stockpile of 4-5 year old leaves in there. So it's time to change it out. Taking the car to Auburn tomorrow so Max can help me with my brakes and help me replace my fluids. Looking at brake, power steering, coolant, and possibly differential fluid replacements. Hopefully we can solder my RCM too while im there. Leaving at 5:30 am for this long day of learning about Crossfires. Super excited. Have a good day guys!

Old 08-11-2015, 01:31 PM
Forum Regular

Have fun, enjoy the day!

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Crossfire today?