All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Old 06-18-2015, 12:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Today I had a wonderful experience with an incompetent Chrysler Service Department

Old 06-18-2015, 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by JEFASOLD
Let's see if this works, Cannards, self made grill and Modified Tighed1 belt wrap.

Wow, Sweet looking car and engine bay!

Old 06-18-2015, 03:55 PM
Received 503 Likes on 429 Posts

Originally Posted by ingsoc39
Today I had a wonderful experience with an incompetent Chrysler Service Department

You should enlighten us with a couple of details, and this dealers location?

Old 06-18-2015, 04:24 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let's see if this works, Cannards, self made grill and Modified Tighed1 belt wrap.
The car looks great. I'm impressed with your workmanship.

Old 06-18-2015, 06:10 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

JEFASOLD. Got yhe Cannards pic...looks great..moulded into the body or attached?...Carl

Old 06-18-2015, 09:42 PM
Forum Regular

got the Itch...turned on the tunes loud and found a good road to drive! Top down!

Old 06-18-2015, 11:17 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by carl graham
JEFASOLD. Got yhe Cannards pic...looks great..moulded into the body or attached?...Carl

I made them from a high density plastic and attached them with lag screws and some extra large washers behind them for support. When I repaint the car this fall, I'm planning on a bit of judicious sanding for a really tight fit. Also, the grill frame was copied from an aftermarket item, so I might revise that a bit, slightly narrower and made from aluminum, this is stainless. Other than that, I'm about done, time to just enjoy the car. By the way, I have been to 5 shows this year and have 4 trophies so "The Ghost" is having a good year so far. If I can figure out how to post to Utube etc. I'll let you hear the best part. Not just one of the best sounding Xfires but one of the best sounding cars, absolutely sweet. Thanks for the positive comments, I appreciate them.

Old 06-19-2015, 04:43 PM

drive the stick out of it!

970 miles in the last two days and 1000 more to go!

man I like driving it

Old 06-20-2015, 03:02 AM

Spent 4 hours fixing my "sticky ignition assembly" off the forum PDF, worked like a champ (thought it was a tumbler issue), glad I passed on the $1500 quote from my Chrysler dealer. Now I can take the key out of the ignition when I go places and know I can turn it over again, happy day!

Old 06-22-2015, 02:42 PM
Forum Regular

I finally got my Topsider oil extractor that my wife bought me for Christmas out and changed the oil in the XF. Everything went extremely well, didn't spill a drop, even the o ring and filter instillation was easier than what I was expecting. Took the car for a nice cruise after lunch and she is purring like a kitten. The only problem is I can't seem to get the service reminder to reset. I have tried about 5 times with no luck, I will try again when the awful dinosaur movie is over on SyFi.

Old 06-22-2015, 05:06 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kjwinston
got the Itch...turned on the tunes loud and found a good road to drive! Top down!

Gotta say, I 'm a little jealous.

Old 06-22-2015, 10:44 PM
Forum Regular

Busy Crossfire day for me, in addition to changing the oil this morning I did some detailing. Went over the car with some spray detail and put another coat of this new tire shine on that I recently purchased.

https://www.turtlewax.com/shop/produ...-tire-coat-kit

So far I like the product, it dries to the touch and if you do touch it you do not get that black greasy crap all over your hand, plus it won't sling off the tires while you drive. The best way I can think of to describe it is to says it's a watery paint like substance. Time will tell how it holds up.

This evening I took the car to a Mopar Cruise In at one of the local Quaker Steak and Lube. There was a Limited coupe there that appeared to be a daily driver but, I never did see an owner around the car. About 35 Mopars there 20 of which were late model Chargers and Challengers, including 3 Hellcats. Here are a few pics.

0622151945_zps7ixpkqw7.jpg

67394dc2-954f-4153-ab7a-ade495d48568_zpsrc4cfitl.jpg

0622151937_zps6drf9wtg.jpg

0622151935a_zpsrnrc3kmy.jpg

As I was sitting in my car preparing to leave a couple walks past and I heard the gentleman say "I would still like to have one of these." (pointing at my car). Looking in my mirror I noticed them getting into a C6 Vette convertible. Really hoping to get the car to a show this weekend.

Last edited by xjken; 06-22-2015 at 10:49 PM.
Old 06-25-2015, 04:13 PM
Forum Regular
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Today, I changed out a rear side marker lamp and checked on the progress of the brakes, rotors, sent back some overpriced bilsteins to autozone and ordered through one of the forum sponsors on my SRT coupe. The Roadster scares me in the way that it drives. I am not sure what all the front end needs. It'll be next in line for thorough look see. I got under the SRT while it was up on the rack and noticed that the steering stabilizer will wiggle when pushed on quite a bit. Is this normal?

Old 06-25-2015, 06:09 PM
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Did some fine tuning on the fiberglass diffusers for the wife's car.. ready for install.. and while I had the dremel out.. finally installed the
' rear' clear markers with red LED's on my coupe..

Old 06-25-2015, 06:56 PM
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Fla_Xfire_SRT
I got under the SRT while it was up on the rack and noticed that the steering stabilizer will wiggle when pushed on quite a bit. Is this normal?
The steering stabilizer is a pretty common replacement item & not very expensive.
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...surprised.html

Old 06-25-2015, 07:27 PM
Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

So . . . If you don't ever drive your Crossfire in the rain you might never know you have this problem . . .

We had the interior floor on the passenger side of the rescue roadster get soaking wet during the heavy rains we experienced in Eureka Springs at CAA#6. Today I removed the windshield wipers and the plastic vented cowl piece to check out the situation with those water drains. Sure enough the passenger side drain was completely clogged and the drivers side drain was partially clogged. I cleaned out both of the drains and put everything back together. Also installed a new rubber wiper isolator piece that was missing on the driver's side. Another project done!

Last edited by RED DOG; 06-26-2015 at 04:30 AM.
Old 06-26-2015, 07:01 AM
Received 159 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by RED DOG
So . . . If you don't ever drive your Crossfire in the rain you might never know you have this problem . . .

We had the interior floor on the passenger side of the rescue roadster get soaking wet during the heavy rains we experienced in Eureka Springs at CAA#6. Today I removed the windshield wipers and the plastic vented cowl piece to check out the situation with those water drains. Sure enough the passenger side drain was completely clogged and the drivers side drain was partially clogged. I cleaned out both of the drains and put everything back together. Also installed a new rubber wiper isolator piece that was missing on the driver's side. Another project done!
Guess I was lucky ! I inspected the interior floorboards and under the trunk foam, nary a drop.

See ! There are benefits of replacing your convertible top yourself and making sure it's done right !

Old 06-27-2015, 10:14 AM
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Last night I slapped on the drag radials and went to the track for the first time this year! A consistent 11.9 all night long. I was hoping for a little better but... I have to get off the line in a respectable manor which was not happening, I should get a better driver.

A lot of fast cars out which surprised me. Hellcat was tearing it up, done up Vette was impressive, Viper sounded awesome plus all the other purpose built cars and pro-charged everything.

Last min decision turned out to be a fun night with no issues with my car!
A friend took video's, I just have to get them so I can post

Old 06-27-2015, 02:18 PM

Just got back from picking my roadster up at the local dealership after forcing Chrysler to reluctantly repair the rear window completely under warranty. Yeah!!!

Old 06-27-2015, 05:48 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by XFIRED-TX
Just got back from picking my roadster up at the local dealership after forcing Chrysler to reluctantly repair the rear window completely under warranty. Yeah!!!
Good for you. The squeaky wheel theory is proven effective yet again.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Crossfire today?