All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Old 09-24-2011, 10:35 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Originally Posted by smfrycruzr
Evan, your car is, well, is.....just beautiful!
We've got to get together at the next TMS in the Spring.

I got thru doing my first clay cleaning of my '07, and all I can say is......That! was SO cooool!!!
I did the bag over the hand trick, and it really does make a difference in how well you can feel the finish of your car.
I just thought I had a clean car, not any more!
I used the clay from an Adam's kit I'd won, detail spray was Meguiar's 135 Synthetic Detailer, followed by a rub down with the Adam's Revive Polish, finished off with Meguiar's Gold Class Carnuba Paste Wax.
Thanks Terry! Yours is looking mighty fine as well!

I managed to install my NW CAI today. More power and I was surprised when I could hear the supercharger much better.

Old 09-25-2011, 12:35 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I finished the installation of Latemodel's (Chris) shift paddle kit. Awesome kit! nice to be able to shift manually without taking my hands off the wheel.

shiftpaddles.jpg

Old 10-07-2011, 08:09 PM
Received 105 Likes on 78 Posts

I did absolutely nothing to the Crossfire today. Instead my son and I went Skydiving from 13,500 feet (ground level for us is 800 feet). I always heard you have to be nuts to jump out of a perfectly good airplane. Today we are nuts and will probably do it again knowing what to expect.

Its like getting a booster of Perma-grin...

James

Last edited by James1549; 10-07-2011 at 08:11 PM.
Old 10-07-2011, 08:15 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

James you do have to be partially nuts to jump from a good plane but i'm sure the memories will far out weigh the fright ,,,as for me I actually washed the 6 to get the mountian dust off of it....

Old 10-07-2011, 11:25 PM
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I installed a set of Hankook Ventus V12 Evo K110s on the roadster today and had an alignment. The tires made a huge difference in the ride.

I also took it by the dealership to have some minor work done and when they finished, they parked it near the entrance to the garage. The service manager jokingly thanked me for picking it up when I did. He said he had at least a dozen people ask him if it was for sale during the two hours it sat there.

Old 10-07-2011, 11:36 PM
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Polished and sealed the paint then waxed it with carnuba past wax....getting ready to store it for the winter.

Old 10-08-2011, 09:19 AM
Received 159 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by James1549
I did absolutely nothing to the Crossfire today. Instead my son and I went Skydiving from 13,500 feet (ground level for us is 800 feet). I always heard you have to be nuts to jump out of a perfectly good airplane. Today we are nuts and will probably do it again knowing what to expect.

James
After 3,000 + jumps, I can testify to that permagrin too.
( but that was 35 years ago ...... )

Old 10-08-2011, 09:36 AM
Received 610 Likes on 510 Posts

Originally Posted by James1549

James
One good tip to remember, if you upset the wife do not let her pack your parachute.

Old 10-08-2011, 10:44 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I washed the bugs off of the car yesterday from the trip. Today, it is tucked safe and warm in my garage and away from the snow.

DSC02205.jpg

Old 10-08-2011, 11:28 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Well it wasn't today, but I had the time of my life driving the snot out of my car at the Dragon for three days straight! I also got to meet many members that I know well online but have never met in person. Can't wait to do it again!

Old 10-09-2011, 07:49 AM
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

I went to the dealer and had my air bag error code cleared. Left over from the bodyshop... Nothing like hauling *** in the mountains with no air bags... living on the edge...lol...

Old 10-12-2011, 07:11 PM

I had a new windshield installed today. I told them on the phone I want it done right the first time. I guess that is why they sent two guys to do the job. Excellent job and they took their time to protect the car.

Even with the proper tools, it took some doing to get those trim moldings off, being careful not to damage them.

James

PS And yesterday I had these installed at my muffler shop...

Last edited by James1549; 10-12-2011 at 07:15 PM.
Old 10-12-2011, 09:02 PM

I finally broke down and had the windshield replaced in mine a week ago. I had it cracked the 2nd week I moved back to CO from the DC area......(5 years ago). Windshields in CO have like targets on them and the fun never ends. Insurance companies have taken to selling specific window supliment ins for us in CO as we average a new 1 every 2 years or so.
I had a safelite shield put in and the guys were very good about being careful.

Old 10-12-2011, 09:06 PM

Funny you mention it, mine got cracked while in Denver leaving CAA. You must be right!

James

Old 10-12-2011, 09:06 PM

Funny you mention it, mine got cracked while in Denver leaving CAA. You must be right!

James

Old 10-12-2011, 09:12 PM

Well James you left so the "target" is no longer there.....sorry I didn't get to meet you at the event here for CAA. Evan and everyone said how much fun they had and you were specifically mentioned when the subject was brought up. Maybe next year we can meet as my car is up and running well again. I was planning on being there just didn't get all the bugs worked out soon enough.
Robert

Old 10-12-2011, 09:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got new rubber on the front of the coupe. Went with the new Michelin piolet sport and an alignment. the new tire has better ratings than the ps2 and costs less. not much driving time yet but I liked the real solid "on Rails" feel I got on the drive home.

Old 10-12-2011, 09:50 PM

I made a list of what I have to do to the car before covering it for the winter;

Change oil and filter. I have the oil and filter. (DONE)

Change engine coolant, its been there since November '03. Must buy.

Install oil catch can hoses, the can is in but I got distracted.

Install the expensive cheap plastic bin in place of the expensive cup holder. I had the emergency brake rubber handle half off, but I got distracted. (DONE)

Wash the car for the fifth time this year, a record.

Check why the bulb out indicator comes on for a few seconds once in a while when switching the car off.

Change headlight high beam bulbs to 65W. Osram Rallye's.

This bulb, for racing and special-service usage, is the highest-output, most efficient H7 available from anyone!. This is a 65-watt bulb (10 more than an ordinary H7) that produces 2100 lumen (700 more than an ordinary H7). Same 500-hour rated lifespan as a good quality standard H7 bulb. Perfect upgrade for motorcycles, racing headlamps, diving lights, agricultural and industrial work lamps.

Note: This product has clear glass and is a direct import from Europe. Beware of Ebay product pictured with blue-coated glass as they are not genuine.

Standard H7: 55w, 1400 lumens, 500 hours
H7 rallye+65: 65w, 2100 lumens, 500 hours

Have a look at the UltraGauge readings and figure out what they mean.

Sell the two engine covers that I got in error before I got the correct one.

Sell the V8 front piece for the engine cover that I got for free before I got the correct one.

Check for rust under the doors, OK last year.

Fill with gas and add some stabilizer.

Pump up tires to a higher pressure.

Looks a little too much to do, some of these will be on next years list I think.

Last edited by onehundred80; 10-29-2011 at 06:03 PM.
Old 10-13-2011, 05:31 AM
Received 159 Likes on 147 Posts

Sell the two engine covers that I got in error before I got the correct one. ( will either fit with a N/A NW old style single CAI ? - if so, I'm interested )

Check for rust under the doors, OK last year. - Glad I don't have to worry about that.

NOTE: You sure do seem to get distracted a lot. What could possibly be more important than the Crossfire ?

and BTW, you only have me by 2 years ........

Old 10-13-2011, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by alaxfire
Sell the two engine covers that I got in error before I got the correct one. ( will either fit with a N/A NW old style single CAI ? - if so, I'm interested )

Check for rust under the doors, OK last year. - Glad I don't have to worry about that.

NOTE: You sure do seem to get distracted a lot. What could possibly be more important than the Crossfire ?

and BTW, you only have me by 2 years ........
These are the full Merc engine covers (A 112 090 15 01) and they look identical to the correct ones (A 112 090 11 01) but they are a little too high and rub against the hood liner. They are the ones that were mentioned by TVT in one of their posts two years ago and sold by them before they got banned. Strange how I never saw anyone mention that fault with them. They also mentioned the correct cover in other threads. Maybe they only sold the correct ones though.

I have noticed that hardly anyone mentions problems they have had with suppliers and if they do, others come down on them hard. This is not right as others are left to find the faults themselves.

We have others that over praise the suppliers just for doing what they promised to do. A good job merits thanks, a great job even more. A bad job needs to be addressed head on.

Last edited by onehundred80; 10-13-2011 at 11:56 AM.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Crossfire today?