All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Old 11-13-2014, 10:42 AM
Forum Regular
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Originally Posted by itsky
I put the claybar to coupe and put on a nice coat of wax yesterday. Today: admired the shine!
Actually I am cheating and did this a couple of weeks ago but I must comment on what it takes to polish one of these. Those beautiful curves, tight angles and the mighty back spoiler make for a lot of work given it is such a small car.

Old 11-13-2014, 05:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Finished some interior mods just in time to trade her off. Autochromatic mirror w/ onstar, custom SRT gauges (oil pressure, oil temp and vacuum/pressure), radio delete with addition of MP3 and ipad/pod tech, cup holder delete with pocket.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
GetAttachment (3).jpg (9.3 KB, 43 views)
GetAttachment (2).jpg (9.2 KB, 34 views)
GetAttachment.jpg (10.6 KB, 36 views)
Old 11-13-2014, 05:28 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up Re: What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Originally Posted by nickwe21
Today I installed the cup holder in my car. Big thanks to James1549 who posted pictures of his installation on top of the pouch behind the two seats as described on the bottom of this thread https://www.crossfireforum.org/galle...1189/cup06.jpg
Cup holder cost 2 bucks and is worth all that money. I take my Crossfire on long distance trips with my girlfriend or buddy and both always complain about the lack of a cup holder to at least store a bottle of water.
So now, they can do that and when I ask for my drink it's always easy for the passenger to reach behind her/him and hand it to me. I think this is a great spot and even though I was going to install one in the ashtray I finally opted out as I am too scared a spilled drink would ruin the electronics.

Also ordered an OBD2 bluetooth adapter to go with Torque. Now I need to figure out the best option and location for a cell phone holder in our cars. I wonder if there is a holder that will also charge the phone at the same time (Samsung Galaxy S5) ??
Thanks for the photo I just ordered one from Craigs list $20.98 that solves my problem of no cup holder again thank you.

Last edited by jayloukakis@hotmail.com; 11-18-2014 at 01:03 PM. Reason: Just got the cup holder mounted next to the passenger seat against the consel fits perfect.
Old 11-14-2014, 07:52 AM
Received 608 Likes on 488 Posts

The MGP caliper covers (black powder-coat) I ordered from an eBay supplier came yesterday. Found these for nearly $30 less than MGP's direct selling price.

After it warms up later today, I think I'll get at least the front set installed (maybe the rear set, too). Not really interested in painting brake calipers. Plan to wash & clean the backside of the rims while they're off. (Note: The red set looks really nice on my 2006 F-150 STX 4x4 Flareside. I get compliments all the time.)

Later,

Old 11-14-2014, 12:45 PM

I just ordered new rear tires for the car. I found a great deal on the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric All-Season that I could not pass up. Free shipping and no tax is just the icing on the cake. LINK HERE

I also just bought 2 and a half gallons of M1 0-40W Syn. and filter.

Old 11-14-2014, 06:26 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This was a week ago.......now its getting a FREE top put on

Attached Images
halos.JPG (980.9 KB, 35 views)
halo1.JPG (716.3 KB, 31 views)
Old 11-14-2014, 06:50 PM
Received 608 Likes on 488 Posts

Originally Posted by 07aeroblue
I just ordered new rear tires for the car. I found a great deal on the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric All-Season that I could not pass up. Free shipping and no tax is just the icing on the cake. LINK HERE

I also just bought 2 and a half gallons of M1 0-40W Syn. and filter.
Interesting website! Great price on the Goodyears.

Thanks,

Old 11-14-2014, 11:01 PM
Forum Regular

Put the 28,429 mile RED SLED in the shed for the winter.

Old 11-15-2014, 05:22 PM

Changed the oil in the x-fire for the first time since I've had the car. I used the Harbor Freight fluid transfer pump to get the job done topside. Piece of cake!

I ditched the orange intake tube and picked up this fitting and a 25' roll of polyethylene tubing to go down the dipstick tube. I just cut a piece 4ft long, used it and ditched it when finished.

Old 11-15-2014, 05:29 PM
Received 39 Likes on 23 Posts

Wash, Waxed, Detailed , took it for a nice drive and put it away for the winter.

Old 11-15-2014, 05:45 PM
Forum Regular

Put it to sleep for the winter. Now I have a few months to plan mods & toys...

Old 11-15-2014, 06:45 PM

Broke the speed limit.

Old 11-15-2014, 07:02 PM
Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

I just ordered new rear tires for the car. I found a great deal on the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric All-Season that I could not pass up.
My personal experience (as well as the experience of many other consumers) is that Goodyear Eagle tires are total junk and have a long history of premature tread separation that can lead to catastrophic tire failure. Back in '06 when I starting running Chrysler SRT8s in my business fleet, Goodyear Eagle RS-A tires were the factory OEM tires. After a couple of tread separation failures I switched to the Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar tires. I experienced the same problem. I originally posted my experience on a Chrysler SRT8 forum with photos etc. and MANY others responded with similarly bad tread separation experiences. Unfortunately that forum is no longer up on the internet so I can't post a link for you. I went around and around with Goodyear and got nowhere. Goodyear went on to deny that there was a defect problem for YEARS but finally was forced into doing a recall on some of their tires because of tread separation. Do an internet search for Goodyear Eagle tread separation and you'll find lots of stories about these (defective) tires.

The problem occurs on the inside edge of the tire and the first symptom is a groove that shows on the inner tire sidewall where the tread and sidewall meet. It looks just like something has been rubbing on the tire and carved a groove but actually it is because the tread is starting to pull away from the cord and has stretched the rubber there. Next the tread will start to separate and you'll hear a slapping sound like when you go over the expansion cracks in pavement. If you don't catch the problem by then the tire will completely fail. If you're lucky you'll just come out to find you have a flat tire . . . If you're not so lucky the tire will fail catastrophically and "hang on tight"! I no longer have my own photos available (lost in an older computer that crashed) but I found these photos on the internet which show the problem . . .

I had some other images but can't get them to post here on our forum . . .

phototear.jpg

IMG_1696-1.jpg

Oh and not only are those tires defective, the traction on wet pavement is absolutely TERRIBLE!

Personally I will never have another Goodyear tire on any car I own. If you put those tires on your car inspect them often and be very wary . . . Just Saying . . .

Last edited by RED DOG; 11-16-2014 at 10:43 AM.
Old 11-15-2014, 08:52 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I just ordered new rear tires for the car. I found a great deal on the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric All-Season that I could not pass up.
I'm with RED DOG on this one all the way. Stay away from the Eagle F1 A/S. Had a brand new set of my N/A when I first bought her and they lasted only 10,000 miles. The tread went completely away on the rears and the fronts cupped and seperated badly. And they were obnoxiously LOUD. Shortly after replacing them with another mfg., Tire Rack (and Goodyear) had a so called "silent recall" where they gave a 100% credit towards a new set of Goodyear or Dunlop tires as well as up to $100 credit to cover shipping and installation. Goodyear's response to the massive complaints:
Goodyear stated that the situation is not a "recall".. It's a customer satisfaction program. The term 'recall' implies safety problems and certain legal actions. The issue with this tire is a noise issue that some have experienced and not a safety problem.
If a tire is making that bad of noise it's because it is likely to be separating which IS a safety concern. Goodyears are permanently off my list!

Last edited by syfi; 11-15-2014 at 08:55 PM.
Old 11-16-2014, 10:29 AM
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I had Goodyear eagle f1 supercar 285/35, lasted about 8k miles, terrible traction, and driving on wet roads was terrible the grooves/puddles on the interstate would make the rear end loose and could feel the back of the car kicking sideways.
But there are XFIRE members that do love them.
I still like some of there truck tires but not likely I will buy another Goodyear car tire for awhile.
Kumo 235 front
Gmax 275 rears I like this combo

Old 11-16-2014, 01:01 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I used to be a Big Fan of Goodyear Eagles. Up until the Eagle A/S on my Crossfire coupe. After 8-10k miles the road noise was horrid! Got rid of them at 12k. While Goodyear has changed the design since mine, I'm still staying away from them.

Old 11-16-2014, 01:56 PM
Received 159 Likes on 147 Posts

Took the DS fog light out and put the stupid little silver cap back on ( for the second time ).
One more time and BOTH are gonna have naked bulbs in them.

Old 11-16-2014, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by ala_xfire
Took the DS fog light out and put the stupid little silver cap back on ( for the second time ).
One more time and BOTH are gonna have naked bulbs in them.
Already did that...

Old 11-16-2014, 04:43 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by lildaddym
Already did that...
lildaddym: I purchased an aftermarket set years ago (cannot remember where I got them...CRS) that did not have the silver thingy... works great!!...Carl

Old 11-16-2014, 05:32 PM
Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Installed new Bosch ICON wipers (worth the extra bucks) and installed German made rear diffusers on my rescue roadster today . . .

dcp_4928_zpsd76eb298.jpg

dcp_4918_zps05d50e64.jpg

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Crossfire today?