All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Old 09-04-2014, 10:54 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Originally Posted by rayth
okay so, uh, how much is a full respray? haha
Depending on a few variables, I would say $4-$7k for a good full repaint.

Not only is there a lot of time in fixing those issues, especially the rust, but the disassembly and reassembly plus sanding and prepping the whole car is very time intensive. I have roughly 10-15 hours into tear down and glass removal alone...

Old 09-04-2014, 12:30 PM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

My repaint was $3500. It turned out better than the original paint ever was. No orange peel etc. The only way you can tell it was painted is from the wet sanding residue in hard to reach places.

Les

Old 09-04-2014, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by velociabstract
My repaint was $3500. It turned out better than the original paint ever was. No orange peel etc. The only way you can tell it was painted is from the wet sanding residue in hard to reach places.

Les
Les, correct me if I am wrong, but labor there is a little cheaper, no? ALso, how far down did they take it, did you remove all glass, doors, etc?

Old 09-04-2014, 02:26 PM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

The deck lid came off, front and rear fascias, rocker panels, tail lights, windshield molding, most of the interior, rubber seals and weatherstripping. Not all of it, just what had to come off. After seeing the interior apart I didn't want to see more so I waited until it was finished. The glass stayed in, hood and doors stayed on as far as I know. They told me the paint and clear was the same as the Maybachs. I don't know if it's true. Fascinating either way.

Les

Found a picture in the paint booth. The hood was removed but the doors stayed on. Stripped but on.

Last edited by velociabstract; 09-04-2014 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Hood
Old 09-04-2014, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by rayth
Mind if I ask what the cost of this kind of repair is? Or at least what I should expect to pay? I've got a dent, a few deep scratches, one deep gouge and a scraped up area on the rear bumper... oh and door rust.. oh and I have some sideskirts that I've had laying around for a while..

okay so, uh, how much is a full respray? haha
rayth: the work I eluded to in the post was done, with clear coat added for 550.00 (cash).. this work was estimated ,earlier, by The Fender Mender , minus the rear end work, for 900.00..This guy does all of his work without help...very small operation.

Got it back today, and except for 2 minor flaws (which he will correct), I think it looks great...will send pic later...Carl

Last edited by cg80; 09-04-2014 at 06:37 PM. Reason: more info
Old 09-04-2014, 08:15 PM
Administrator
Received 965 Likes on 752 Posts

Well, just shy of $540 but phase 1 of Dragon preparation is done: 12 new spark plugs, 12 new plug wires, new fuel filter/pressure regulator, new manual transmission oil and new differential fluid.

Tune in next week for Phase 2: Oil change, steering stabilizer, belt tensionor and idler pulley.

Old 09-04-2014, 08:21 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pizzaguy
Well, just shy of $540 but phase 1 of Dragon preparation is done: 12 new spark plugs, 12 new plug wires, new fuel filter/pressure regulator, new manual transmission oil and new differential fluid.

Tune in next week for Phase 2: Oil change, steering stabilizer, belt tensionor and idler pulley.
No Eurocharged tune?!

Old 09-04-2014, 08:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tried to fix washer jet (heated) all plugged and would not blow clear with the air compressor. So I figured I would just get one from the dealer, WOW $215 so I went on eBay and found the same one for $50.70 much better, will be here tomorrow as I am having it sent overnight .

Old 09-04-2014, 09:06 PM
Administrator
Received 965 Likes on 752 Posts

Originally Posted by Indelibility
No Eurocharged tune?!
No. 108,000 miles and daily driver? I'd only spend like that on a garage queen.

Old 09-04-2014, 09:45 PM
PNA
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ctmandu
Tried to fix washer jet (heated) all plugged and would not blow clear with the air compressor. So I figured I would just get one from the dealer, WOW $215 so I went on eBay and found the same one for $50.70 much better, will be here tomorrow as I am having it sent overnight .
Why spend any money. Just drill out the jets from the area where the tube attaches to the jet. Drill straight in and use a small bit. Did mine last year. Works good.

Old 09-04-2014, 11:51 PM

I'll try that next time, thanks.

Old 09-05-2014, 10:02 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by pizzaguy
No. 108,000 miles and daily driver? I'd only spend like that on a garage queen.
Nonsense! Had mine tuned at 129, xxx miles, lol.

Old 09-05-2014, 05:26 PM
Received 610 Likes on 510 Posts

I removed some chewing gum from the carpet in the car. Some pig spat it out and my shoe transferred it to the carpet. I hate spitters and people who discard their chewing gum like that, there should be a law against it.

Anyway, I got one of those cans of compressed air for cleaning computer keyboards, turned it upside down and sprayed the liquid on the gum from 1" away. It turned it into a block of ice and I then carefully picked at it with a pointed x-acto knife. I had removed as much of the soft gum that I could before that.
It all came off and then I brushed the area with a wire brush. The only thing wrong is that area is now cleaner than the rest of the mat.

Old 09-05-2014, 06:16 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by onehundred80
I removed some chewing gum from the carpet in the car. Some pig spat it out and my shoe transferred it to the carpet. I hate spitters and people who discard their chewing gum like that, there should be a law against it.

Anyway, I got one of those cans of compressed air for cleaning computer keyboards, turned it upside down and sprayed the liquid on the gum from 1" away. It turned it into a block of ice and I then carefully picked at it with a pointed x-acto knife. I had removed as much of the soft gum that I could before that.
It all came off and then I brushed the area with a wire brush. The only thing wrong is that area is now cleaner than the rest of the mat.
I thought peanut butter dissolves chewing gum? Though if you did that you'd be hungry every time you got in your car... good call with the ice can.

Old 09-06-2014, 02:14 PM
Forum Regular
Smile Re: What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Originally Posted by PNA
Why spend any money. Just drill out the jets from the area where the tube attaches to the jet. Drill straight in and use a small bit. Did mine last year. Works good.
Thnx PNA, drilled from front of jets, tiny drill bit, replaced T fitting inline(cracked) , bottle cracked lower front, more hot glue. Replaced left brake/tail light. No paint dent repair pulled out MY dent, about 98%, tiny paint crack appeared, had to stop. He didn't charge me any $ 'cause he couldn't make it perfect!

Old 09-06-2014, 05:39 PM
Forum Regular

Took mine to another show. Talked to a few very nice people, some knew quite a bit about the car, others not so much. One guy thought they had Porsche engines which was a first for me. Another gentleman asked what I paid for the car and was shocked when I told him. All in all a nice day, way cooler and less humid than last weeks Ohio Valley GTG at Coney Island.

Got home and ordered two new front tires for the upcoming Dragon. When I bought the car a year and a half ago it came with Michelin's Pilots on the front and Cooper Zeon 2xs on the rear. Both had good tread and the tread patterns were fairly close. The passenger front Michelin has a pretty good gouge right by the rim where it was curbed. I was a little concerned about doing the dragon with it so I will be replacing both front tires. That leaves an oil change and some new ceramic brake pads on the to do list.

http://www.futuretire.com/Tire_Pic/Cooper/Zeon_2xs.jpg

Last edited by xjken; 09-06-2014 at 05:51 PM.
Old 09-06-2014, 10:05 PM

Good weekend!
eurocharge installed
Oil change
Detail as usual

Ordered K/N filters

Looking for shock updates next

Old 09-07-2014, 08:13 AM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq

Washed her up just in time to drive her for a night out in Toronto. First time I've driven it in about 2 months. What was I thinking??? This car rocks !

Old 09-07-2014, 10:44 AM

Must be living right...found and purchased a used 3 piece windshield molding ( I lost the top portion a 140MPH about 2 month ago)..being shipped 1st of week...now I think my blood pressure will get in line...LOL...Carl

Old 09-07-2014, 10:50 AM
Received 119 Likes on 99 Posts

Question for you - When you do the eurocharge, is the sprint booster still of value or does the eurocharge sort of include that?

Originally Posted by Rets
Good weekend!
eurocharge installed
Oil change
Detail as usual

Ordered K/N filters

Looking for shock updates next

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Crossfire today?