All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Old 08-18-2014, 12:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Originally Posted by nickwe21
You know, I always wondered the same! I pretty much believed the spoiler is a gimmick to make the car look "cool" or more sporty. I find it hard to believe a little "pop" out spoiler does much of anything...Why did the Mercedes SLK not have a spoiler then?
This used to be a really common discussion on this forum.

The conclusion is that it produces some real downforce, according to the factory service manual. I suspect it might also split the airflow and prevent some lift from being generated.

The SLK had a different body and so it had completely different aerodynamics - apples to oranges!

Old 08-18-2014, 07:38 PM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Unhappy Re: What did you do to your Crossfire today?

accidently put first dent!?! by backing motorcycle into her, after 9+ years...almost cried. Sorry, I know this is supposed to be about good stuff, just venting frustration.

Last edited by lovecross; 08-18-2014 at 07:56 PM.
Old 08-18-2014, 08:29 PM
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by lovecross
accidently put first dent!?! by backing motorcycle into her, after 9+ years...almost cried. Sorry, I know this is supposed to be about good stuff, just venting frustration.
;(
I feel your pain

Old 08-18-2014, 09:46 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That sucks, I know your pain. Every car that I have including the Crossfire has or has had at least one blemish that was put there by myself. I am truly my own worst enemy.

Old 08-19-2014, 07:23 AM

I did that after Bike Week this year by forgetting to put down the kickstand

Old 08-19-2014, 07:26 AM
Received 159 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by xjken
That sucks, I know your pain. Every car that I have including the Crossfire has or has had at least one blemish that was put there by myself. I am truly my own worst enemy.
You got that right !
A couple of years back I was working on the engine and messed up the clearcoat on one fender with a metal belt buckle.
ALWAYS USE A FENDER PROTECTOR WHEN DOING ENGINE WORK !

Old 08-19-2014, 09:54 AM
Forum Regular
Wink Re: What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Thanks y'all for your sympathy, it does help! What a great Forum. Next priority is to re-visit windshield washer tank, again, no juice getting to sprayers, then tires for front & maybe brakes, all it takes is $$ and time off. Cheers!

Old 08-19-2014, 10:12 AM
PNA
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks y'all for your sympathy, it does help! What a great Forum. Next priority is to re-visit windshield washer tank, again, no juice getting to sprayers, then tires for front & maybe brakes, all it takes is $$ and time off. Cheers!
It's likely not your pump or tank, it's your nozzle heads. They are heated, the plastic melts chocking of the fluids flow to the nozzle jets and hence no fluid. Take off the cowl, remove the nozzle heads, drill them out from the bottom (through the connector, reinstall them and presto, you have fluid flow. About an hour or so of work. Most time is to remove the cowl, then the nozzle heds, drilling the plastic (carefully and straight into the connector tube to open the channel again takes 10 seconds. Reinstall the cowl carfully (make sure to put it and windsheild sleave back carefully, and then you are done. Good luck.

Old 08-19-2014, 10:29 AM
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I would pull a line loose and verify it's sending juice before doing a nozzle enema myself..

Old 08-19-2014, 10:38 AM
PNA
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mrmiata
I would pull a line loose and verify it's sending juice before doing a nozzle enema myself..
You still need to take off the cowl to pull the line loose. I wouldn't take off the cowl until I verified the pump was still working. That's easy enough but by trying the washer from the steering wheel stalk. If you hear it when you try it, the pump is working. There is no good / easy way or place to pull a line loose from the tank. I tried blowing air, running pipe cleaners, etc. for a number of years even knowing that the pump was working. I was ready to take of the wheel and the well assembly before I read about the nozzle jets melting. Do yourself a favor and if the pump is working and there is fluid in the tank, work on the jets.............

Old 08-19-2014, 10:48 AM
Received 159 Likes on 147 Posts

Best of both worlds : take the cowl loose and disconnect the spray hose. See if it works when you press the stalk, if so, then ream the nozzles, if not, then dig into the hose / tank / pump.

Old 08-20-2014, 12:08 AM
Forum Regular
Smile Re: What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Thanks for all the tips! Several years ago, tank was leaking @ the bottom of the pump. Cold glue attempt failed to bond to tank. Hot glue gun worked, till now, think I have new (slow) leak, so I have to check tank, also for possible "slime" plugging line. THNX again!

Old 08-24-2014, 11:04 AM

I took my valve covers off and cleaned them. The task wasn`t as tough as I thought thanks to the forum and the many xf owerns that have posted. I will run my alabaste coupe to Galveston in an hour. Hope the leak is history.
Next headliner needs to be replaced a little sag in the rear.

Old 08-24-2014, 03:39 PM

Wave as you pass Exit 15...I live about 1.5 miles from there! LOL

Old 08-24-2014, 04:16 PM
Forum Regular

Spent a few hours this morning at the Rides on Monmouth Car Show in Newport Kentucky. Had previous lunch plans so I just pulled in and parked for a few hours, so I didn't register. Met a few nice people and heard nothing but great comments about the car. I put the Jeep in another show yesterday and i an thinking of taking the XF to the Quaker Steak Cruise-in this evening to round out the weekend.

photobucket-38597-1408908643527_zps37a609fc.jpg

Old 08-24-2014, 07:28 PM
Received 119 Likes on 99 Posts

Got up and browsed Ebay this morning for Crossfire "stuff". Stumbled upon a brand new Xfire 3 piece touring luggage set I had been looking for for months! It is in it's original box with all 3 bags wrapped in plastic still and all tags attached. Looks awesome but most and for all the price really is AWESOME as the whole set only was $65! The guy had just posted it 3 minutes before I found it - otherwise I'm sure one of you would have snatched it up real quick

Old 08-24-2014, 09:17 PM

I'm to cheap just use regular luggage crossfire doesn't know it's not marked crossfire !!! LOL

Old 08-24-2014, 10:30 PM
Received 119 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Ed Mahoney
I'm to cheap just use regular luggage crossfire doesn't know it's not marked crossfire !!! LOL
Good point Ed
Do you also do that with cheap engine oil, regular gasoline and tires??? Oh wait....Crossfire definitely knows that those things don't do him well!

Old 08-24-2014, 10:33 PM
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by nickwe21
Got up and browsed Ebay this morning for Crossfire "stuff". Stumbled upon a brand new Xfire 3 piece touring luggage set I had been looking for for months! It is in it's original box with all 3 bags wrapped in plastic still and all tags attached. Looks awesome but most and for all the price really is AWESOME as the whole set only was $65! The guy had just posted it 3 minutes before I found it - otherwise I'm sure one of you would have snatched it up real quick
I guess I saw that 2 minutes after it was posted then.. LOL

Old 08-25-2014, 07:57 AM
Cool Re: What did you do to your Crossfire today?

no not that cheap but do most of the oi changes & other small repairs myself !!! This week just drove to church & back no wonder crossfire has such low miles on it !!! : ) l

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Crossfire today?