All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Old 07-15-2014, 10:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Originally Posted by ala_xfire
Had my wheels balanced on the local dealer's new RoadForce balancer.
WHAT A DIFFERENCE !
New tires?

I had mine optimized and smooth!

Old 07-15-2014, 10:15 AM
Received 159 Likes on 147 Posts

Nope, 2 yr old 'kooks, but when I had them mounted, the place didn't have a GOOD balancer.
They've been OK, but not perfect. Now they are perfect.

Old 07-20-2014, 12:29 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Did the "Sticky Key Fix" on the 05 Limited. Went off without a hitch. Great tutorial. Worst part was getting a couple of screws to align back up during reinstall. And all the contorted positions!

Old 07-20-2014, 02:59 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stopped by the historic MainStrasse Village Car Show in Covington Kentucky this morning. I asked if I could just display it for a couple hours because I could not stay for the entire show. The girl said sure and pretty much parked me center stage in the cobblestone area between the two main show areas. You can see the one area behind my car and there is another looking down the opposite direction. Since everyone walking up and down the two areas had to go past my car I got a lot of lookers and picture takers. At one point I had about ten people milling around the car asking questions. I did talk to one gentleman with a MBWorld.org shirt on who was telling me he had four Mercedes at home and claimed he was seriously looking to add a Crossfire because of the uniqueness of the car. I suggested he look at the SRT-6 because it was the top performance model. Now he could have been blowing smoke up my skirt but, he seemed to really respect the car.

Last edited by xjken; 07-20-2014 at 03:07 PM.
Old 07-20-2014, 03:32 PM

Even if he was, he knows a good car when he sees one. I like it a lot.

Old 07-20-2014, 07:19 PM

I was down there earlier today! I didnt have my xfire in the show but I was hanging out at **** and bull for a few hours.

Old 07-20-2014, 09:39 PM
Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts

Had to make a quick trip to Boynton Beach today to help out a friend. Six hour round trip with air on whole way. Two frog stranglers one at Ft. Pierce going down and another at Yeehaw Junction on way back to rinse any salt off.

Excessive revs in 6th hurts the MPG but not enough to bother. Best part was the ability to really stretch out occasionally, no longer cramped, all the interior mods worked. This is good because have been known to suddenly need to be 500 or 1,000 miles away so 370 mile RT was good exercise.

Gas is expensive down there, $4.299/gal for premium but GPS worked fine & had diagnostics and good music all the way.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
roadie.jpg (64.2 KB, 126 views)
Old 07-20-2014, 11:22 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by 07aeroblue
I was down there earlier today! I didnt have my xfire in the show but I was hanging out at **** and bull for a few hours.

Did you see my car 07aeroblue? Sorry we didn't meet up. That was the least amount of cars I have seen there, last year the entire street and the park by the clock tower was full. I was only there for about two hours, left at 1:00 pm so I never registered. Check out the thread in the "Car Shows" and the "Crossfire Meetups" threads about Cruise-A-Palooza at Old Coney August 30th. Maybe we can meet there.

Old 07-21-2014, 12:01 AM

Drove it quite quickly through some roads tonight, last time I can drive it for the next three weeks.

Old 07-21-2014, 12:27 PM
Forum Regular

Patiently waiting by the door for my new flywheel to arrive.

Old 07-21-2014, 03:35 PM
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Installed the capacitors in the doors of my Infinity sound system. I can now hear the rear speakers. I'm partially deaf & don't run the sound above 25. Not a big fan of Bass. This upgrade has made a difference in the way the system sounds. It was worth the effort. The Mrs told me to quite playing with my car & get some work done on the house. I'm retired, MOST of the time I do whatever I want. By Friday I should be able to do NOTHING.

Old 07-21-2014, 04:54 PM
Forum Regular

With the help/advise of some you i was able to finish my brake job.
Put on the ss lines, the pads and the slotted-drilled rotors.
Also with the wheels of plastic dip the rims.
And a new fuel filter.
I want to thank you for all the input.
This site is great.
Bob

Old 07-22-2014, 09:56 PM

July 2nd - Got rear ended and totaled it.

Old 07-23-2014, 06:01 AM
Received 608 Likes on 488 Posts

Originally Posted by jimhagner
July 2nd - Got rear ended and totaled it.
Hopefully you didn't sustain any major injuries from this accident. Getting rear-ended in any car can have serious medical consequences.

Sorry your XFire ended up totaled. Pretty much the norm since collision repairs to these cars are significant and most insurance carriers would rather "total" the car. And if the force of the impact did any structural damage, you're better off with the car being totaled.

Again, hope you didn't sustain any significant injuries from the mishap.

Later,

Old 07-23-2014, 06:04 AM
Received 608 Likes on 488 Posts

Originally Posted by xjken
Stopped by the historic MainStrasse Village Car Show in Covington Kentucky this morning. I asked if I could just display it for a couple hours because I could not stay for the entire show. The girl said sure and pretty much parked me center stage in the cobblestone area between the two main show areas. You can see the one area behind my car and there is another looking down the opposite direction. Since everyone walking up and down the two areas had to go past my car I got a lot of lookers and picture takers. At one point I had about ten people milling around the car asking questions. I did talk to one gentleman with a MBWorld.org shirt on who was telling me he had four Mercedes at home and claimed he was seriously looking to add a Crossfire because of the uniqueness of the car. I suggested he look at the SRT-6 because it was the top performance model. Now he could have been blowing smoke up my skirt but, he seemed to really respect the car.

Great looking picture!

Old 07-23-2014, 09:57 AM
Forum Regular

Summer cruise!

Old 07-24-2014, 05:55 PM
Default Jack pad

Had one loose jack pad....Someone must have lifted the car with a Bottle Jack...and the center plug of the pad was pressed up into the body so you couldn't unscrew it....I had to cut the bushing and plug with a carpet knife until I cut the rim off so I could push the center plug up into the rocker panel....

Took about an hour and 4 beers....

New pad from dealer was only $ 37

now she's perfect again.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
lorix.JPG (108.9 KB, 5 views)
Old 07-24-2014, 07:03 PM
Forum Regular

I created what could be the cheapest most ghetto cup holder ever devised. I had several blocks of high density foam that are for placing on bicycle frames to keep them from knocking together when being transported on a hitch carrier. I cored out the center with an xacto knife until it was big enough. It can hold a can, 20 oz bottle or a medium fountain drink. I glued Velcro to the bottom (the loop side) which grabs the console box lining fairly well. I have a 2" wide 20 inch long piece of Velcro that I folded into a wedge between the side of the console and the foam on one side and several pens a tire gauge and a hair brush on the other side. In front of the foam there are several microfiber towels and my sun glass case. It is surprisingly snug and my first test drive went off without a hitch. It sits far enough back that my elbow is not a problem even when using the 6-speed.

Old 07-24-2014, 07:18 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dedwards0323
Great looking picture!
Thanks dedwards0323, It would look better if that bent sign post didn't look like it was sticking out of my windshield header.

Old 07-25-2014, 12:08 PM
Default Re: Jack pad

Originally Posted by hightechredneck1956
Had one loose jack pad....Someone must have lifted the car with a Bottle Jack...and the center plug of the pad was pressed up into the body so you couldn't unscrew it....I had to cut the bushing and plug with a carpet knife until I cut the rim off so I could push the center plug up into the rocker panel....

Took about an hour and 4 beers....

New pad from dealer was only $ 37

now she's perfect again.

Was it a Chrysler dealership or a mercedes dealership? I need one also.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Crossfire today?