All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Old 07-10-2011, 09:32 PM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Re: What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Originally Posted by LantanaTX
I took it to a car show last night and won the 2000 up class!
NICE!! These things shock me in all the attention they STILL get. Not that your rumble had anything to do with it...

Old 07-10-2011, 09:33 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by JHM2K
Fixed your post for you Hoss...
lol!

Thanks! I also sanded and polished the headlights, as seeing your's made mine feel inadequate -- AGAIN!

Old 07-10-2011, 09:36 PM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by grip grip
lol!

Thanks! I also sanded and polished the headlights, as seeing your's made mine feel inadequate -- AGAIN!
They aren't that bad. And any feelings of inadequacy on your part would QUICKLY be forgotten if we were to line up and run 'em... in the straights, at least

Old 07-10-2011, 10:18 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 629 Likes on 430 Posts

Well....not today but a couple of weeks ago......

I installed the Pioneer DEH-P5000UB stereo in my Crossfire.
Thanks to my good friend Crossfirefrank for giving me this stereo and with some help from him and Max (maxcichon) I got the harnesses I needed and the correct wiring diagrams and I installed it myself.

I used the
Scosche VW01B wiring harness and the Scosche VWA3B Radio Antenna Adapter both available on ebay.
I have to say the sound is AMAZING !!!
I never thought I would change the head unit in this car but now I am so glad I did.

Helpful installation tips are also in this sticky thread:
How-To: Install an Aftermarket Stereo

Old 07-11-2011, 06:50 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bmorgan
Congrats Bob on the win. Way to represent.

I took the tail lights off the Crossfire today. I am taking them to get them painted with a black/clear mix. They will have several coats of paint with wet sanding in between. I will post pics when I get them back, and installed.
Doing it right, Bob, you will be very happy with the result. Just don't do them too dark, and if you do, invest in some LEDs for the brake lights

Post some pics when they are back in...

Old 07-11-2011, 08:08 AM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by BoilerUpXFire
Doing it right, Bob, you will be very happy with the result. Just don't do them too dark, and if you do, invest in some LEDs for the brake lights

Post some pics when they are back in...
Well, you were my inspiration to take this on, and I hope you don't mind, but I am printing a copy of a picture of yours to take with me to show the shade that I want them to be. I am really looking forward to getting them done. Once I have the tails back, and I am satisfied with the results, I will most likely take my fronts and sides to him to do. I will have to strip my sides as I did them with nightshades. I was recommended to use this guy by a cooworker that has seen tail lights that he has done, and he said that they look just like glass. The painter does the paint for a high end Mustang restoration shop that does restos/resto mods on very expensive Stangs. The owner of the shop was on a recent episode of Trucks on SPEED. So, I am pretty sure that I will like the outcome.

Old 07-11-2011, 08:31 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by JHM2K
NICE!! These things shock me in all the attention they STILL get. Not that your rumble had anything to do with it...
I really don't think of my car as a show car, but putting a little sign that just said "V8 Conversion" caused it to really get noticed. Everyone said the install was so clean that and looked so factory they didn't realize what had been done to the car until they saw the sign. After they called out the class awards, I didn't think I had won anything. then they announced the Class winner to my suprise!

Old 07-11-2011, 09:52 AM
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by LantanaTX
I really don't think of my car as a show car, but putting a little sign that just said "V8 Conversion" caused it to really get noticed. Everyone said the install was so clean that and looked so factory they didn't realize what had been done to the car until they saw the sign. After they called out the class awards, I didn't think I had won anything. then they announced the Class winner to my suprise!
Way to go Bob!

Just finished a weekend of double wrench items, and getting ready for the RME-CAA roadtrip...washed/oiled the K&N's, washed down the engine bay, Ragg Top-ed the top, changed oil/filter, getting the tranny flushed, brake lines flushed, pads/rotors checked, tires balanced, and finally, getting the steering damper on!

Old 07-12-2011, 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by bmorgan
Well, you were my inspiration to take this on, and I hope you don't mind, but I am printing a copy of a picture of yours to take with me to show the shade that I want them to be. I am really looking forward to getting them done. Once I have the tails back, and I am satisfied with the results, I will most likely take my fronts and sides to him to do. I will have to strip my sides as I did them with nightshades. I was recommended to use this guy by a cooworker that has seen tail lights that he has done, and he said that they look just like glass. The painter does the paint for a high end Mustang restoration shop that does restos/resto mods on very expensive Stangs. The owner of the shop was on a recent episode of Trucks on SPEED. So, I am pretty sure that I will like the outcome.
I am flattered as you have one of my fvorite SRTs out there.

Bob, if you are confident that the guy is going to do a good job, and it sounds like he will, for sure, I would offer a little advise my painter told me - if you want all of them to look the same, do them all at once. You will get them close if you wait, but they will be identicle when done together with the same mixture and number of coats. I am fairly certain we used a 10% black to clear mixture and sprayed them a total of 5-7 times to get the desired shade. Mine on the black car were vinyl and too dark, plus after time they appear matte versus these that will look like glass. I have no doubts you will be very happy with the results.

You may have done this with the nightshades, but if not, when wet sanding the corners, use s razor and shave the lettering that wax always gets caught in and they look even better

That was a fun weekend at the shop....

Old 07-18-2011, 11:59 AM
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

On Sunday I washed and waxed the XF, waterproofed the top, treated the leather, and thoroughly cleaned the interior. I still need to touch up scratchs on the wheels and to one of the interior door handles.

Old 07-18-2011, 01:01 PM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Over the weekend put in my new 8.3 single din touch screen head unit.

Old 07-18-2011, 04:55 PM
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Found a shady spot under the front tree and detailed the roadster within an inch of my life.. , it got up to 106 today!
Getting ready to leave Sunday for the rally in Denver, CAA-Rocky Mountain Edition 2011.
Can't wait!!

Old 07-18-2011, 06:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Re: What did you do to your Crossfire today?

i got my windows tinted..

Last edited by odoherty79; 07-18-2011 at 06:29 PM.
Old 07-18-2011, 06:02 PM

I got limo tint on it today I also took off the "crossfire" badge off it, tomorrow i am getting tail lights and sidelights blacked out, as well painting the rims black .. any thing else i should do? crossfire1.png

Last edited by odoherty79; 07-18-2011 at 06:08 PM.
Old 07-18-2011, 06:18 PM

i went to Import Alliance this past weekend! Always a good time!

I do not talk bad about other people's car, to their faces, or when I am at a car meet. The previous owner had put all kinds of stickers, which i removed the majority of them, but one just happens to be a "powered by mercedes AMG". This is on the side skirt, so nothing I want to hurry up and take off right now.

Well, i am cruising into the speedway to find a parking spot and had the radio off when i heard someone say, "who puts an AMG sticker on a crossfire"? i immediately turned to look at them and said, it is the SRT6 that has the AMG motor and comes stock supercharged. the stupid punks changed their tone pretty quick.

STUPID RICERS! lol

Old 07-18-2011, 06:20 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by odoherty79
I got limo tint on it today I also took off the "crossfire" badge off it, tomorrow i am getting tail lights and sidelights blacked out, as well painting the rims black .. any thing else i should do?
I don't know about the Regulations in Florida, but I just had to help my daughter scrub off the tailight & sidelight tint on her car due to a fixit ticket from the C.H.P. Just Sayin'.

Old 07-18-2011, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by dinasrt
I don't know about the Regulations in Florida, but I just had to help my daughter scrub off the tailight & sidelight tint on her car due to a fixit ticket from the C.H.P. Just Sayin'.
yeah we will see, there are tons of cars with it around so ill take my chances

Old 07-19-2011, 12:59 AM

Finally replaced my rear axle fluid with AMSOIL Severe Gear 75W-90. Awesome stuff! My car really flies with all these AMSOIL lubricants in my car that aren't recommended by Mercedes! The car speaks for itself.

Old 07-19-2011, 07:29 AM

Saturday I went to an autocross school/event and had an absolute blast with some friends (lotus elise, dinan 335i, M3, M Coupe, etc). More mods to come

Old 07-20-2011, 08:18 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On Sunday, I ordered a Purple Illuminated Etched (Crossfire/Roadster) Windscreen. Fell in love with Howard's (IBLUBYU) and found it on ebay from the same company - Thanks Howard!

On Monday, my son helped me wrap my car in plastic and clean the convertible top with 303 Fabric/Vinyl Cleaner. It's in almost perfect condition, but still got some dirty water from cleaning. Tonight, I put on the first light mist of 303 Fabric Guard Water Repellant and hope to get a second mist late tonight or before I go to work in the morning. Then tomorrow I will finalize the whole process and spray the Aerospace Protectant.... It's been a busy week...

Oh I forgot to Thank Everyone for all the informative posts and detailed instructions!

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Crossfire today?