All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Old 04-11-2014, 04:42 PM
Forum Regular
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: What did you do to your Crossfire today?

I removed the hateful knee bolster. Now the car feels like the premier Euro GT it is.

Old 04-11-2014, 11:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've actually been able to take advantage of the good weather and drive this thing a whole bunch!! What an absolutely delightful and fun car. I've found that everything on it works properly and it runs and drives like brand new! I've tended to all the little things that were necessary and I find myself wondering why this car was NOT a great sales success when it was new. What a car. I'm really bummed out though because I have found myself in a position where I am going to have to sell the car (details not important but very real). It will be sold for a very reasonable price (actually a bargain) considering its 36K miles, Aero Blue Color, 2006 Roadster Limited model and near perfect condition. I will be listing it in the classified section below and on ebay soon. If anyone is curious about possibly buying the car, drop me a private message.

Old 04-12-2014, 09:41 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had the garage re-done, so the crossfire had to sit outside for a couple of days. It turned yellow from the pollen, so before putting it back in the garage I gave it a bath. I let it sit out in the sun to dry the top. When I went to put in inside it was yellow again.
Being clean and dry, I will take it out and see if the pollen will blow off.

Old 04-12-2014, 10:36 AM
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Raced and "beat" a mid 2000's mustang GT on interstate last night in my N/A 6 SPD

Old 04-12-2014, 10:40 AM
Received 610 Likes on 510 Posts

Originally Posted by Speedy4x4
Raced and "beat" a mid 2000's mustang GT on interstate last night in my N/A 6 SPD
I guess he wised up and backed off. Probably proved one thing though, he's smarter than you.

Old 04-12-2014, 10:44 AM

He was taunting me withhis car for prob 10 miles we had Clear empty road we slowed to 30 then opened up aroumd 30mph. Or just proves I better at shifting then him.

Old 04-12-2014, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
I guess he wised up and backed off. Probably proved one thing though, he's smarter than you.
Wow onehundred you are just a ray of sunshine. For being a senior member it would be expected from you for comments and suggestions from you and not sarcastic comments that turn people away from this forum. Guess your mama never told you "if you do not have anything nice to say do not say anything at all."

Old 04-12-2014, 11:26 AM

Wow onehundred you are just a ray of sunshine. For being a senior member it would be expected from you for comments and suggestions from you and not sarcastic comments that turn people away from this forum. Guess your mama never told you "if you do not have anything nice to say do not say anything at all."

On the other hand street racing is illegal and dangerous and should never be promoted.

When I was a kid it was a game of mine to try to goad the idiots into a race that I wasn't going to do. The trick was to give just enough acceleration that the other guy would take the bait as a race. I suppose there were a few fellows claiming kills on my cars ('68 GT 500 Shelby, '69 Mach 1 (that I won the NORPAC division in my class in '72 in), and '67 Sunbeam Tiger).

In a street race you never know just what kind of effort the other guy is making. He may just be trying to see how fast your car really is. Makes me laugh to myself anytime someone claims a street "kill".

Last edited by cobraken; 04-12-2014 at 11:43 AM.
Old 04-12-2014, 11:28 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like 180's snark remarks, lol.

Old 04-12-2014, 12:14 PM
Received 610 Likes on 510 Posts

Originally Posted by cobraken
On the other hand street racing is illegal and dangerous and should never be promoted.

When I was a kid it was a game of mine to try to goad the idiots into a race that I wasn't going to do. The trick was to give just enough acceleration that the other guy would take the bait as a race. I suppose there were a few fellows claiming kills on my cars ('68 GT 500 Shelby, '69 Mach 1 (that I won the NORPAC division in my class in '72 in), and '67 Sunbeam Tiger).

In a street race you never know just what kind of effort the other guy is making. He may just be trying to see how fast your car really is. Makes me laugh to myself anytime someone claims a street "kill".
LOL. Done this before and you should see the ricers (and NAs?) blast off like their life depended on it.
Just look like you want to go at the green by edging forward and they go like hell, always good for a laugh.
One guy who had be tailgating me went half a country block in the other lane with me just keeping ahead of him. I let him pass eventually at 70mph, I guess he put it down as a kill, those base Mazda 3s really fly.

Old 04-12-2014, 12:37 PM

I did do a sort of street racing before I got my driver's license. I used to bet guys at a red light a dollar that I could beat their car through the light on foot. Never lost. Got quite a few "kills" and some of them even paid up. Just having fun and earning a soda now and then.

It also goes to show that there are lots of variables in a race. Some cars are faster off the line, some higher top end and some that are better from a roll. To some folks faster means 0-60 times, others 1/4 mile times, best time around a road course or top end. Street races don't prove who has the better car.

Last edited by cobraken; 04-12-2014 at 01:30 PM.
Old 04-12-2014, 01:14 PM
Forum Regular

Finally got my CAI and Eurocharge tune complete. Sounds great.

LDaFQsy.jpg

kGc89GT.jpg

hTVXl8A.jpg

Old 04-12-2014, 10:50 PM
Forum Regular

I just drove mine for a couple hours this afternoon. I headed out on some of my favorite country roads here in southwestern Ohio and before I knew it I was in uncharted territory. It was a blast. Ended up using almost all of my winter storage gas that I put in at the beginning of November.

Old 04-12-2014, 11:00 PM
Received 251 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by cobraken
I did do a sort of street racing before I got my driver's license. I used to bet guys at a red light a dollar that I could beat their car through the light on foot. Never lost. Got quite a few "kills" and some of them even paid up. Just having fun and earning a soda now and then.

It also goes to show that there are lots of variables in a race. Some cars are faster off the line, some higher top end and some that are better from a roll. To some folks faster means 0-60 times, others 1/4 mile times, best time around a road course or top end. Street races don't prove who has the better car.
but our way it does get kids off the street. jim

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...,d.b2I&cad=rja

streetracingmadesafe.com

Old 04-12-2014, 11:54 PM
Forum Regular

Put about 500 km's on the clock - that's about 300 miles for the folks south of the border - with a fair chunk of that on windy roads in impromptu convoy with a couple of motorcycle clubs. Lotsa fun! Not so much fun was the hour drive home in the rain, but the plus is that the winter storage gas is all gone and I now know how far I can go on a full tank.

Old 04-13-2014, 12:02 AM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Drove around with the Gf to get some errands done. Ended up washing the Crossfire and waxing her before we went on a dinner date tonight. It was 76 degrees here in Chicago. I almost thought the world was gonna end.

Old 04-13-2014, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Da55id
I removed the hateful knee bolster. Now the car feels like the premier Euro GT it is.
How did you do that?!

Old 04-13-2014, 02:35 PM
Forum Regular
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

see post at URL

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...tml#post791605

take a look at the pictures at the start of the thread so you can see what the back side and mounting points of the bolster look like...

good luck ;-)

Old 04-13-2014, 06:17 PM

80 degrees here! Nice ride today, guess I'm going to sell my motorcycle!

Old 04-13-2014, 11:09 PM

Owner for 9 days here of a Sapphire '06 Roadster Limited. We had a sunny day in mid 70's on Saturday so took a great early evening ride with the top down on country roads and slid into town for dinner. The Crossfire turns a lot of heads and seems to get smiles from everyone and waves from many. Responses are similar to riding the touring motorcycle, everyone wants to be connected with you and they show a bit of envy as you drive by.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Crossfire today?