All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Old 03-29-2014, 11:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Over the last month and yesterday....
Replaced differential and drivers half shaft. Had a slight throttle whine above 65 MPH and thought I had a leak on the outer boot of the drivers half shaft. Sourced a differential and both shafts with 11k on them from a wrecking yard in Soth Dakota. Turns out the half shaft had a hunk of tar stuck to it and is not leaking. The differential change took care of the barely audible part throttle whine. Yesterday I turned the driveline 120 degrees because i felt a slight vibration, I also took apart, cleaned, loc-tited and torqued to spec all the fasteners that I had apart when I dropped the diff. Vibration is gone, whine is gone.
Changed the steering dampener yesterday, old one felt the same as the new one, saving the old one.
Thinking about doing the ignition sticky fix before or if it becomes a problem.
I am also contemplating doing the TPMS fix to get rid of the warning indicator which is on presently with all good tire pressures.

BTW, I was able to drop the diff by removing the exhaust, unbolting the carrier and dropping it down with my tranny jack and popping the half shafts loose. It helps to have a 4 post lift and 72" tranny jack. Didn't want to have to get a re-alignment. I also re-used the shims on the front of the old diff and transferred them to the new diff. I suppose they are used for pinion angle but have no idea what is required...nose up or down how many degrees? I think it's ok as there isn't a hint of vibration.

If anyone needs a halfshaft with 11k or 42k or a differential with 42k and a probable worn front pinion bearing drop me a note.

Old 03-29-2014, 01:27 PM
Received 610 Likes on 510 Posts

I took off the car cover and removed the CTEK charger cables.
Next step is to change the IC pump, get the car insured, get a temporary license sticker and then have it E tested.

Can't rush these things, but with only four weeks till the trout season starts I'd better hustle a bit.

Old 03-31-2014, 07:58 AM

Saturday night ice cream run!!!

Old 04-01-2014, 11:29 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Best day of the year so far, 76 degrees and sunny so of course I had to work. My wife had dinner plans with some co-workers so I pulled the Crossfire out and met my son for dinner, top down of course. Got on it a couple times, the sound and feel were amazing. Thank goodness the wicked winter in finally over and I can get on with enjoying this car. Rain the next three days and then sunny and cooler for the weekend. I hope other snow belters are getting a chance to enjoy their cars.

wicked winter

Last edited by xjken; 04-02-2014 at 10:10 AM.
Old 04-02-2014, 10:22 AM
Forum Regular
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

After $5,000 worth of mods, upgrades and restoration, I finally did the throttle reset. OMG, it's FINALLY all come together, and now I'm bummed - cause I need to go see my doctor:

"If your grin last 4 hours or more, please seek medical attention immediately"

Old 04-02-2014, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Da55id
After $5,000 worth of mods, upgrades and restoration, I finally did the throttle reset. OMG, it's FINALLY all come together, and now I'm bummed - cause I need to go see my doctor:

"If your grin last 4 hours or more, please seek medical attention immediately"
$5,000? What on?

Old 04-02-2014, 06:56 PM
Banned

Out of hibernation tomorrow!!!!

Old 04-02-2014, 07:02 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Question Re: What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Originally Posted by D.J. Spreeman
Out of hibernation tomorrow!!!!
Spreeman: where have you been, man...haven't seen you on in a while... still 'bassing?... are you going to the Dragon meet this weekend? If so, I'll see you there...Later ...Carl

BTW...Keep on Rocking!!!!

Old 04-02-2014, 07:13 PM

I put my '010' IC pump in, really proud of myself because I never spilled a drop on the floor ... until I dropped the vise grips in the bowl under the pump. Not too much spilled on the floor though, most of it hit me.
I lost a very small amount of fluid as I used hose clamps. About half a cup if that.

Whoever did the Johnson pump install post must have a lot less screws on his car than I do.

I found another screw that was never tightened up from the factory on another shield.

Old 04-02-2014, 07:39 PM

Prop down wing up and soaking up the sun! 83 today oh yea

Old 04-02-2014, 07:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by carl graham
Spreeman: where have you been, man...haven't seen you on in a while... still 'bassing?... are you going to the Dragon meet this weekend? If so, I'll see you there...Later ...Carl

BTW...Keep on Rocking!!!!
Hey Carl!
Me and the wife are driving to st. Augustine!
I've been busy with my new auto project.....'47 M15a Studebaker 1 ton farm truck!

Took time off from the band thing too for a while.

Take it easy!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image.jpg (314.6 KB, 8 views)
Old 04-02-2014, 11:14 PM
Forum Regular
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Eurocharged tcu and ecu tune, supercharger pulley, wavetrac lsd, refinish wheels to "as new" and paint/restore/repair all paint to pristine condition and fix middle sized dent, windblox screen, new IC pump, new tires w/road force balance all around, valve cover and oil breather gasket/rtv repair, Needswings CAI, SRT6 Luggage, three dyno runs along the way. Extra key fob. I love it.

Originally Posted by onehundred80
$5,000? What on?

Last edited by Da55id; 04-06-2014 at 06:45 PM.
Old 04-03-2014, 02:22 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I replaced the OEM Varta battery on my 2004 (Sep 2003 build) @23K miles. I guess over 10 and a half years of life isn't too bad even with the limited mileage. The funny thing is that even after such a good life, it had some juice left in it. I had played the radio for about an hour while washing cars the other day and then when I went to start her up, the engine wouldn't quite turn over. Waited an hour and she started right up. I figured it was time and traded it in on a new Autocraft.

Old 04-03-2014, 02:30 PM
Forum Regular

Put fresh gas in my 2004 coupe, now waiting for tomorrows winter blizzard to pass.

Old 04-05-2014, 10:33 AM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq

Yesterday I re-instated the full insurance coverage starting Sunday since it is supposed to be 10C and sunny. Took the rear wheels in this morning for new Hankooks and test fit the Drag Radials....wow......(thanks Rob) and of course its blizzard conditions up here again today. Several roads are closed, been re-sanded and salted.....will this friggin winter ever let up? Heading into Toronto to watch the Jays beat the Yanks.

Old 04-05-2014, 11:08 AM
Forum Regular

Insurance activated in anticipation of Sunday's forecast for warm & sunny weather....hard to believe since today is cold & windy with a few flurries!

Old 04-05-2014, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by SparkieSRT6
Yesterday I re-instated the full insurance coverage starting Sunday since it is supposed to be 10C and sunny. Took the rear wheels in this morning for new Hankooks and test fit the Drag Radials....wow......(thanks Rob) and of course its blizzard conditions up here again today. Several roads are closed, been re-sanded and salted.....will this friggin winter ever let up? Heading into Toronto to watch the Jays beat the Yanks.
Originally Posted by Buck Spunni
Insurance activated in anticipation of Sunday's forecast for warm & sunny weather....hard to believe since today is cold & windy with a few flurries!
You must have rocks in your head. I insured mine on the 4th of April last year, this year maybe another two weeks.
I'm still working on the car, I lost enthusiasm when it got cold again.

Old 04-05-2014, 11:30 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by onehundred80
You must have rocks in your head. I insured mine on the 4th of April last year, this year maybe another two weeks.
I'm still working on the car, I lost enthusiasm when it got cold again.
Last year we were back on the road March 29. I just checked.
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...-well-fun.html
I may not get much chance to drive in the next couple of weeks but at least I'll be ready when we do finally get spring.

Last edited by Buck Spunni; 04-05-2014 at 11:34 AM.
Old 04-06-2014, 12:19 PM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq

Beautiful sunny day here....finally. Took her for a nice leisurely spin. What a great feeling to be back in the driver seat again. Dyno here I come !!!

Old 04-06-2014, 01:03 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SparkieSRT6
Beautiful sunny day here....finally. Took her for a nice leisurely spin. What a great feeling to be back in the driver seat again. Dyno here I come !!!
Here too. Pulled off the car cover, got the battery out of the basement, started up no problem. Installed my new billet lower grille pieces that have been taunting me all winter. Quick sandwitch and we're off for a spin. WOO HOO.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Crossfire today?