All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Old 03-17-2014, 08:33 AM
Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts
Default Re: What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Put new amber 7507s in the rear turn signals, original '07s were bubbled. Wonder why they didn't make the whole lens clear and use reds in the brake lights (bling, bling).

Put in back garage to redo the seat again and trim a bump I missed in the foam. Almost the way I want it.

Think I'll sell the Vixen, now that I have a good tow car, a trailer makes more sense.

Old 03-17-2014, 05:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by amx1397
I almost sold my car this weekend, and the price was right, but the guy's wife wanted a BMW ,, so his toy will never be.

Most of you know what my wife said to me when i was wanting to put the V8 into my crossfire,,
she said" you want it do it." and guess what ? I did and never looked back.
the only reason I would sell it is to build another with a 6.3 twin turbo into a crossfire. jim

Don't ask!
How hard was it to shoehorn that SL55 motor under the hood?

Old 03-17-2014, 05:41 PM
Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by lildaddym
How hard was it to shoehorn that SL55 motor under the hood?
Rudy did it, but looking at my 5.0 and my E55's 55K motor, it's only a tad bit longer. It's not too hard to get the motor in, it's the fab work for everything to bolt on and fit.

Old 03-17-2014, 05:53 PM

Got any photos? How much fabrication required? Sounds extensive...

Old 03-17-2014, 06:08 PM
Received 251 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by lildaddym
Got any photos? How much fabrication required? Sounds extensive...
itis not easy, it is knowing what parts to use to make it fit,example yhr exhaust manifolds you take the srt set and a v8 set cut, weld and install. the engine mounts almost fit, geting the mount that fit the engine and the car ,,,there is only one that fits with out mods, same for the tranny,, anyway ,with the cost of an engine, transmission, wiring harness, ecu and a few sensors now it fits Oh the wiring harness there is only a few that know how to do that so everything runs from the key. the best and only way to do it right is give your car to Rudy, pay the money and pick it up in a month or so and drive happy. I am in the 4th year with no problems 25000 miles 200 runs down the 1/4 mile jim

Old 03-17-2014, 06:32 PM

the best and only way to do it right is give your car to Rudy, pay the money and pick it up in a month or so and drive happy.
Or you could give it to me

Old 03-17-2014, 06:44 PM
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

I see a bidding war....well, maybe not.....Rudy ties the knot this coming weekend...his building days may be over except for a house....lol.....

Old 03-17-2014, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
I see a bidding war....well, maybe not.....Rudy ties the knot this coming weekend...his building days may be over except for a house....lol.....
Not that there's a difference in the first place. I've told him everything I know, he's told me everything he knows. He calls me with questions just as I call him with questions. We entertain each other's theories and try to work together for solutions. If he built a 5.0 6-speed it would be exactly the same as how I did mine. And Vice Versa. There is no war, he's just been around longer... Given what it took for each of us to do our ECU completion, we were both shocked at the other, but at this point I'm not sure there is anything we couldn't do for a same gen MB swap into any MB.

Old 03-17-2014, 07:48 PM

You have to understand Rudy has been doing this for years,and ALL the people in the know go to Rudy, he may have told you some things but he has things in the back of his head, that he has forgot,, things he has done with the crossfire that others including you willl never think of or do, , I am not bashing you for your work, only you and the people that has seen it, know how good you are,,, i am just praising Rudy,, because most people here have Rudy mods or know of them,, example people that don't know me or Rudy see my car they think it came that way from the factory.. don't take offense I just think if you want it done right go with Rudy, and not just the engine swap but any thing you want done to your crossfire jim

Last edited by amx1397; 03-17-2014 at 07:51 PM.
Old 03-18-2014, 10:15 AM

You have to understand Rudy has been doing this for years,and ALL the people in the know go to Rudy, he may have told you some things but he has things in the back of his head, that he has forgot,, things he has done with the crossfire that others including you willl never think of or do, , I am not bashing you for your work, only you and the people that has seen it, know how good you are,,, i am just praising Rudy,, because most people here have Rudy mods or know of them,, example people that don't know me or Rudy see my car they think it came that way from the factory.. don't take offense I just think if you want it done right go with Rudy, and not just the engine swap but any thing you want done to your crossfire jim
I was only talking about the electronics for the engine swap. Don't sell me short, you've never seen mine...

Old 03-18-2014, 12:49 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I took the SRT6 to the car show this weekend. She was well received and got a lot of looks and questions. This is the first show I have been too since adding the wheels, modified intake manifolds and slasher stripes. Now I just need to lower it as one guy did comment that it would look better lowered and I could not disagree. A lot of raised eyebrows when I told them I was running 12.1ish in the quarter mile.

Old 03-18-2014, 02:51 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sk8erjosh09
I was only talking about the electronics for the engine swap. Don't sell me short, you've never seen mine...
Just remember this Josh, between you and Jim only one of you has actually performed a swap yourself. Its easy to talk down on others when all you have to do is let the checkbook do the talking while someone else does all the work.

Old 03-18-2014, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by MoparFreak69
Just remember this Josh, between you and Jim only one of you has actually performed a swap yourself. Its easy to talk down on others when all you have to do is let the checkbook do the talking while someone else does all the work.
Agreed. I guess I just look at it as a completion... If Rudy did it, I did it, the customer did it and either of us just provided an ECU, then what the hell? It's the same outcome... It's not any extra special just because a specific person did it...

Old 03-18-2014, 03:37 PM

Today I changed the gas station for her and now she is happier, I can feel it
I used to buy gas from Shell, now changed to Valero and she doesnt 'shake' on idle anymore!! I tought Shell is a good brand, I was wrong.

Old 03-18-2014, 04:10 PM

I like the way you say swap your self,, When i was both your age together i did more swaps in a week than either of you have done in your life,,now that i can pay to have a swap done ,or maybe 3 or 4 swaps i do so. you made a real funny, jim

Last edited by amx1397; 03-18-2014 at 04:12 PM.
Old 03-18-2014, 04:33 PM
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Wink Re: What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Take it easy...

Last edited by Beaner; 03-18-2014 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Darn emotions are not showing up...
Old 03-18-2014, 05:22 PM

I have no issues with someone paying for a swap... That's just not me, and will never be me. There are too many little things to add for flare and reliability during the swap that I like to do. Same with maintenance. No one has touched any of my cars but me, and no one ever will period.

Old 03-18-2014, 05:26 PM

Changed both windshield wipers on the XFire today.

Old 03-18-2014, 06:05 PM
Forum Regular

I like the way you say swap your self,, When i was both your age together i did more swaps in a week than either of you have done in your life,,now that i can pay to have a swap done ,or maybe 3 or 4 swaps i do so. you made a real funny, jim
Im only talking Crossfires here. Im simply stating the obvious that Josh has not only performed an engine swap on his own, he also performed his own ECM work to get it to run. Rudy did all of your work. Aside from footing the bill you have no rights to claiming any of his accomplishments, nor bashing another member who has all the rights to claim his accomplishments for his work.
I honestly dont give 2 shirts how many swaps you have performed in your life in any manner of vehicles. Basing your statement on my age is also not smart as you have no clue what I have done in my life and what swaps I have personally performed. I am comfortable with the size of my ***** so I won't even humor you.
Is there anything wrong with being the funding behind a cool ride? Not one bit. Anything wrong with being proud of that cool ride? Nope. Anything wrong with bashing someone who chooses to do it themselves utilizing their own abilities? Yes there most certainly is.
You got a personal problem with Josh? Deal with it like a grown man in a private manner. Keep the beef out of the threads, you make yourself look foolish and petty.
Get mad at me all you want. I'll still sleep tonight.

Old 03-18-2014, 06:10 PM

Im only talking Crossfires here. Im simply stating the obvious that Josh has not only performed an engine swap on his own, he also performed his own ECM work to get it to run. Rudy did all of your work. Aside from footing the bill you have no rights to claiming any of his accomplishments, nor bashing another member who has all the rights to claim his accomplishments for his work.
I honestly dont give 2 shirts how many swaps you have performed in your life in any manner of vehicles. Basing your statement on my age is also not smart as you have no clue what I have done in my life and what swaps I have personally performed. I am comfortable with the size of my ***** so I won't even humor you.
Is there anything wrong with being the funding behind a cool ride? Not one bit. Anything wrong with being proud of that cool ride? Nope. Anything wrong with bashing someone who chooses to do it themselves utilizing their own abilities? Yes there most certainly is.
You got a personal problem with Josh? Deal with it like a grown man in a private manner. Keep the beef out of the threads, you make yourself look foolish and petty.
Get mad at me all you want. I'll still sleep tonight.
what you say is true,, only bashing there were is you bashing me. jim

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Crossfire today?