All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Old 02-01-2014, 05:23 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Backed mine out of the garage and let her run for a while, to much salt and melting snow runoff on the streets for a drive. Took the opportunity to upgrade the lighting in the garage. Replaced the burned out ceiling light with a 200 watt and added a couple 150 watt reflector lights to the garage door runners. Prior to that all I had in there was a 75 watt garage door opener light, needless to say the difference is night and day.

While reading some of the threads in the troubleshooting forum the other day I came across one about interior and trunk lights not working when the doors or trunk are open. The advice there was to check fuse #9 which I did today. I pulled the fuse and it looked fine, reinserted no change. I tried a brand new fuse and still no lights. If anyone has any other ideas feel free to chime in.

Old 02-01-2014, 06:24 PM
Received 159 Likes on 147 Posts

When I had my add-on garage built, I kinda went overboard on the lighting.
It has a suspended vinyl siding type ceiling, I put 6 ( yes SIX ) recessed 4 bulb each fluorescent fixtures in.

24 X 40 watts = 960 total watts evenly distributed.

Old 02-01-2014, 08:49 PM
Forum Regular

I put a little bump in my hood... I left a tool inside when I closed the hood...DAMN!!!

Old 02-01-2014, 11:39 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by coolx
I put a little bump in my hood... I left a tool inside when I closed the hood...DAMN!!!
Ouch! My wife says that I am my worst enemy. Almost every scratch, ding or blemish on my vehicles has been self inflicted.

Old 02-04-2014, 08:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought an Original Shop Service Manual for my 2006 roadster....3 volumes in new condition at a very reasonable price. Tons of info there as well as many illustrations of how things fit together and how they are serviced. Together with the "how to' do it" articles on this site, I should be able to fix anything on the car (lol). I also picked up an NOS RCM for the car...I know the originals are easily fixed, but this seems to me to be a good investment in the future, especially at the discounted price I got. Now, how is that pesky "sticky key thing" avoided again?

Old 02-05-2014, 01:17 AM
Received 610 Likes on 510 Posts

Originally Posted by carjock
I bought an Original Shop Service Manual for my 2006 roadster....3 volumes in new condition at a very reasonable price. Tons of info there as well as many illustrations of how things fit together and how they are serviced. Together with the "how to' do it" articles on this site, I should be able to fix anything on the car (lol). I also picked up an NOS RCM for the car...I know the originals are easily fixed, but this seems to me to be a good investment in the future, especially at the discounted price I got. Now, how is that pesky "sticky key thing" avoided again?
For a very reasonable price, lets say $0.00 you could have downloaded the 2005 manual from this site and practically every other manual you could wish for. Total price $0.00 plus 0% tax.
To heck with it I'll have two of each to go please.

Old 02-05-2014, 12:15 PM

Call me "old fashioned" but I LIKE book-form shop manuals! I my age, I'll stick with old habits!

Old 02-05-2014, 01:06 PM
Received 610 Likes on 510 Posts

Originally Posted by carjock
Call me "old fashioned" but I LIKE book-form shop manuals! I my age, I'll stick with old habits!
I tended to agree with you until a while ago. I have the '04 manuals in book form and the OEM CD which I have never used. I do not use the books these days either.
I find it easier to use the computer to look up the needed info, print it out and use them in the garage.

The books are still nice and clean.

Old 02-05-2014, 10:36 PM

Removed the driver's side under dash panel and tightened steering shaft pinch bolt, the one by the steering gear under the car is very tight already. I also snugged down the 4 steering column mounting bolts at the top and bottom. While I was at it I checked the front wheel bearings and found the passenger side wheel bearing to be slightly loose, so I adjusted that per the manual with a dial indicator. I installed a new steering damper about a week ago and that took care of most of the slop in the steering. It feels pretty good now. With the steering wheel on center there is only about .5 inch play. And normal and hard cornering the car is rock solid. What I don't understand is when the steering wheel is about 1 turn off center, or just a turn coming into the driveway over a small bump, I feel just a little bit of play in the front end. From some of the posts I have read on this subject it almost seems to be the nature of the beast. She only has 32K on her so maybe that's just the way it is. I really hate to try adjusting the friction on the steering gear with the adjustment screw because the friction feels so good at center.

Old 02-05-2014, 10:58 PM
Arrow Re: What did you do to your Crossfire today?

I installed a powerful sound system
I Tinted my windows

Old 02-07-2014, 02:25 AM

The car is in deep hibernation for the winter and I went to check on it today.......yup it's still there! Probably will be for sometime to come as we have a full week of cold and snow forecast!! How Sweet?

Old 02-07-2014, 07:48 AM
Received 251 Likes on 190 Posts

I've been sick for the last week and a half so, to make sure my car gets some sunshine ,My wife has been driving everywhere, two tanks of gas ,,that's not hard if you get on it once in a while ,I only get 10 to 14 mpg. anyway I am better now so it is now back to me.
yesterday it was 81 degrees and i went out for an hour ,boy was the sunshine great. jim

Old 02-07-2014, 09:45 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 629 Likes on 430 Posts

Usually my car gets out at least once a month during the winter months for a warm up run and a battery boost but this winter has been unusually cold with a lot more snow so the Crossfire has not been driven since December 30th
I keep it parked in my heated garage maintained at about 60 degrees.

I started it up a few days ago and the battery was weak and the spoiler did the automatic deployment which is also a sign of a weak battery so I took my battery maintainer off my lawn tractor and hooked it to the Crossfire.
All is back to full charge and now and it is not likely I'll be going anywhere any time soon.

More snow on the way

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
510Q3M7XgDL.jpg (36.7 KB, 200 views)
Old 02-07-2014, 11:21 PM
Forum Regular

That sounds very familiar VALK, last drove mine January 12th. I have been starting mine and letting her run for 30 minutes or more at least once a week. Did exactly that after work today, figures first time in six or seven years that I have not had a beater or a lease vehicle to drive during the winter cold and slop. So far it seems to be keeping the car in good running order but, she needs to run. A new twist was added this past Wednesday, since we had some freezing rain they threw what looks like pea gravel on the roads. We all know salt washes away with a decent rain but, gravel or sand stays and stays and stays. Being a former motorcycle rider I know they will be dodging that crap for months.

Last edited by xjken; 02-07-2014 at 11:59 PM.
Old 02-10-2014, 02:20 PM

Yep, it's a crossfire-
If I didn't have to drive her up the ramps and take the plastic cover off the bottom of the car-I would take a picture of the "mysterious screw" it's not one of the screws that holds the oil pan to the engine-next oil change I will photo document the screw-maybe it's there in case one wants to install an oil pressure gauge-I have no idea!
I did use synthetic mobile 1 and the appropriate filter-no problems there-although I have a minor leak where the oil filler spout connects to the valve cover-and some minor leaks in both valve covers-should be easy fixes! The trans is manual so I just changed the gear oil-here I went back with oem spec oil as some have said that synthetic actually made shifting worse. My tip for trans oil change is the filler plug (14mm) is situated high in the tunnel and hard to get to so I had to modify my hex socket as an Allen wrench of that size is not readily available in my area-other than that it's quite easy to service once you figure out how to get under the car!
Thanks for the reply!

Old 02-10-2014, 05:33 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hate to bring up the weather (I can imagine what you all are going thru with the ice and snow)...Here in Myrtle Beach, its around 60 and bright sunshine !!!.. a great day to install the new alternator ( "out of round" sound gone) and replaced the cabin air filter...Thanks again to everyone who assisted in the troubleshooting of the elusive sound...Carl

Old 02-16-2014, 08:33 PM
Forum Regular

Since I live in an apartment, I worry about other people dinging my doors. I found an ideal spot to park and no sooner do I go upstairs and look out the window, I see a kid on a skateboard rolling right up to my car! He stops just short of hitting it and pulls something out of his pocket. Well what he does next just put a smile on my face...he has his cell phone in his hand and he's shooting pictures of my car, walking all around he snaps off a few shots, then he gets on his skateboard and cruises away...

Old 02-16-2014, 09:00 PM

Took my girl for a 100 mile ride!

60 here today

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image.jpg (281.0 KB, 14 views)
Old 02-17-2014, 07:27 AM
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Snow is over for a while ,I Hope!! So, got out the magic gutter wand and de-salted the under side of DC's Angel and my DD PT. Then took them to the car wash for a good final wash and rinse. Brought 'em back to the house for a wipedown and detail spray , vacuumed and re-buffed the headlights.
Whew! what a day...

Old 02-17-2014, 03:10 PM

I bought one. SRT 6 (see newbie post above). Ordered shop manuals.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Crossfire today?