All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Old 01-17-2014, 07:13 PM
Received 610 Likes on 510 Posts
Default Re: What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Originally Posted by Beaner
I started mine up today!!!
It would not start the first time, it just cranked twice and stopped. Tried it again and the beast came alive!!!
I don't know why but instant smile every time I hear that baby run.
Great minds think alike, I started mine up for the first time in two months and she started at once. Took it up to temp and let her idle a bit and covered her back up.

Old 01-19-2014, 12:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Finally had some time in the past month to fiddle around:
I have a used 2006 limited coupe which I bought in April 2013 at which time it had 18,800 miles.

Restored the headlights-they were not yellowed but badly oxidized and scratched which I found odd as the rest of the car is mint! Used the 3m manual kit and the results were awesome.

Changed the oil and I noticed a second screw in the oil pan (roughly half way up the pan on the driver side) with a tiny leak-I have no idea what is for but I tightened it in hopes of stopping the leak-anyone knowing more about this please chime in!

While changing the oil I noticed that the trans oil was leaking but I couldn't get to it with just the front end ramps so after some thought I went to Lowe's and bought (2) 2x12's 10 feet long (2) 2x12's 8 feet long and 6 cement blocks (total cost about 35 bucks) and made myself a ramp which worked perfectly! After inspection I have to assume that the problem is more of a weep than a leak as I never really nailed down the source. Alarmed by this I didn't want to drive the car without knowing the trans oil level was okay so I decided to just change it as well-for those who may want to check you're level- you will need a 14 mm hex head for the fill and a 17 mm for the drain (got the kit at auto zone for 12 bucks) also note that the fill is in a tight spot so I actually had to cut off about a half inch of the 14mm hex socket with a cutting wheel and it fit great. The fluid was a bit low but it took 8 years so I'm not gonna worry to much about it till I can actually see oil spots on the garage floor!
I researched what oil to use right here on the good ole forum-went with non-synthetic
5w-20 which is basically stock! If any other members have had this weep-leak problem I love to hear about it!
Lastly I threw in a couple lifetime K&N air filters.
Next will be the leaky valve covers-I'll research that here on the forum as well!

Love this car!

Old 01-20-2014, 03:24 PM
Forum Regular
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Looked at Her in the garage. Nice and cozy waiting for the snow storm we are supposed to get here in the DC area.

Old 01-20-2014, 04:20 PM
Received 251 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck A
Finally had some time in the past month to fiddle around:
I have a used 2006 limited coupe which I bought in April 2013 at which time it had 18,800 miles.

Restored the headlights-they were not yellowed but badly oxidized and scratched which I found odd as the rest of the car is mint! Used the 3m manual kit and the results were awesome.

Changed the oil and I noticed a second screw in the oil pan (roughly half way up the pan on the driver side) with a tiny leak-I have no idea what is for but I tightened it in hopes of stopping the leak-anyone knowing more about this please chime in!

While changing the oil I noticed that the trans oil was leaking but I couldn't get to it with just the front end ramps so after some thought I went to Lowe's and bought (2) 2x12's 10 feet long (2) 2x12's 8 feet long and 6 cement blocks (total cost about 35 bucks) and made myself a ramp which worked perfectly! After inspection I have to assume that the problem is more of a weep than a leak as I never really nailed down the source. Alarmed by this I didn't want to drive the car without knowing the trans oil level was okay so I decided to just change it as well-for those who may want to check you're level- you will need a 14 mm hex head for the fill and a 17 mm for the drain (got the kit at auto zone for 12 bucks) also note that the fill is in a tight spot so I actually had to cut off about a half inch of the 14mm hex socket with a cutting wheel and it fit great. The fluid was a bit low but it took 8 years so I'm not gonna worry to much about it till I can actually see oil spots on the garage floor!
I researched what oil to use right here on the good ole forum-went with non-synthetic
5w-20 which is basically stock! If any other members have had this weep-leak problem I love to hear about it!
Lastly I threw in a couple lifetime K&N air filters.
Next will be the leaky valve covers-I'll research that here on the forum as well!

Love this car!
chuck A are we talking about a crossfire or something else,
because to change the oil ,there is a drain plug (not removing the pan) and it takes 9 qts. of Moble 1,, 0-40 synthetic, it says that under the hood.and the oil filter (from the top of the engine) should be fleece. if this was my car the non synthetic oil would be out of there even if i had to drain it on the floor.
to change the tranny oil ,yes remove the pan,,when it was off remember that electric connector that is what licks on almost every car,,the o-ring has dried out .
don't know what screw you are talking about ( unless it was that loose screw removing the pan.) LOL. jim

Old 01-20-2014, 10:15 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Uncovered mine after work today, fired right up. I left it run for 30-35 minutes, shut it down and covered it back up. More snow, more cold and of course more wind tonight and tomorrow so it looks like she won't be coming out of the garage for a while. I don't know about anyone else but, if I hear the term Polar Vortex or another lame named winter storm I am going to lose it. At this point I can't even imagine a sunny 75 degree top down cruise, so depressing.

Old 01-20-2014, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by xjken
...................... I don't know about anyone else but, if I hear the term Polar Vortex or another lame named winter storm I am going to lose it. At............
They have found a new expression, what was wrong with saying it's F'ing cold?

Old 01-25-2014, 10:03 PM
Forum Regular

Same old story, started her and let her run again for 35 minutes or so and covered her back up. 3 inches of snow last night another inch tomorrow night and -12 to boot.

Old 01-26-2014, 10:50 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Installed Oil catch can, eyebrows,new serpentine belt, and clay cleaned the paint as well as all glass and soaked the latter with RainX...Carl

Old 01-26-2014, 10:59 AM
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Poor cars are fine, but the weather hasn't let up here. They are sharing their space with the snow blower parked between them. I will fire them up on my next round of clearing the driveway today. Too cold to want to work in the garage. Infrared heater keeps the garage in the 40's, but that is still too cold for me.

Old 01-26-2014, 12:01 PM

Installed new front grills and new logo!

I'm running out of mods, it's going to be 48 here already had her out and spread her wings a few times!

I hope when I grow up my bank account will let me get a SRT Convertible!!!!

But I'm loving it anyway!

Old 01-26-2014, 06:26 PM

Purchased new 255/35/19 continentals extremes for the coupe. replaced the factory battery with a new wal-mart 5 year battery. attempted to wash him, but the line was backed out the street at all the carwashs I went to. lol.

Old 01-26-2014, 07:25 PM
Forum Regular

Installed a new water pump...almost. My torque wrench that was supposed to come in Friday is still in transit according to the tracking info. Put the pump in and finger tightened all the bolts. -_-

Old 01-26-2014, 08:08 PM

OK, being the naïve new guy that doesn't plan to modify his car, will someone please tell me what "custom eyebrows" are and where they can be purchased? A picture would be good! Also, what sort of horsepower gains can be obtained on a N/A car with simple add-ons like CAI, a custom tune and simple "bolt-ons? Just curious.

Old 01-26-2014, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by carjock
OK, being the naïve new guy that doesn't plan to modify his car, will someone please tell me what "custom eyebrows" are and where they can be purchased? A picture would be good!
Eyebrows for the man who wants to be seen.

Or these.

Attached Images
File Type: png
bushy_eyebrows.png (127.7 KB, 191 views)
File Type: jpg
1ce (640x480).jpg (179.8 KB, 188 views)

Last edited by onehundred80; 01-26-2014 at 09:18 PM.
Old 01-27-2014, 03:42 AM

Bought it and brought it home. Well chuffed

Old 01-27-2014, 04:51 PM
Forum Regular

did some cussing and swearing as i installed the "clip" that holds the water temp sensor sending unit in.
on horsepower gain with the eyebrows......unsure but they cutdown on friction at high speeds.

Old 01-27-2014, 09:43 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I ventured down to Arizona this past weekend (without my Crossfire) and discovered some wicked routes near Sedona that must be experienced in the car. I'm sure the Arizona folks know what I speak of.

Old 01-28-2014, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by itsky
I ventured down to Arizona this past weekend (without my Crossfire) and discovered some wicked routes near Sedona that must be experienced in the car. I'm sure the Arizona folks know what I speak of.
Arizona had lots of long stretches of highway to drive on. Some of the mountain roads near Sedona are a little curvy. Driving is lots of fun out here for sure!

Old 01-31-2014, 10:26 AM

Fitted Pure head unit, with Bluetooth for streaming and DAB radio. Illumination colour matched to dash backlighting. Looks and sounds amazing. Still hooked up to OEM amp and speakers. A very nice system for not much money. £130 plus £20 for digital aerial.

Old 02-01-2014, 03:28 PM
FP
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Replaced the gas struts on the rear gate.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Crossfire today?