View Single Post
Old 05-07-2006, 12:56 AM
Midlife
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Owner - Apparent Midlife Crises

I took delivery on a new red ’05 Limited coupe last Friday at Centennial Chrysler in Countryside, IL. They're nice folks. They had the car I wanted for a great price so I flew up from Dallas and drove the car back. They even paid the airfare.

A friend flew into St. Louis to help me drive back. We took the scenic route through the Ozarks to I-30 and on into Dallas.

We had a very nice drive until changing lanes after passing a car 30 miles east of Dallas. I hit a short piece of channel iron in the center of the road. When I stopped in Royse City to show a friend the car I found the right rear tire flat. It had a V-shaped cut on the inner sidewall. Oy!

I called DC Roadside Assistance but got nowhere. I was so pissed at their attitude. I put the car on the jack and had someone from Dallas drive out and pick us up. I'm glad I was at a friend's house. The next day I bought a new tire at the local Chrysler dealer – took it back out and mounted the wheel and came home. A $400 ending to an otherwise great trip home.

So far the car is a delight to drive. I even got 28 mpg on the trip one of fill up. That’s not bad considering the break-in period.

The forum has been a big help to me before I bought and after. It’s a great resource. Now I have to do battle with DC over the nasty roadside assistance operator and possibly the luggage deal. The car has a peculiar history even though it only had 11 miles on it when I picked it up. I worry that DC may hedge on the luggage.

There are a couple of images in my gallery. Check it out. If you’re in NE Dallas message me. It might be fun to meet other owners.