View Single Post
Old 09-08-2008, 05:47 PM
NeedsWings
Received 93 Likes on 67 Posts
Default Re: Aluminum Intake Manifolds for srt6

ok, back from teflon coating and back to the flow bench.

quick recap...
stock pass side manifold flowed 255-260cfm
our new pas side manifold before the teflon coating did 455-460cfm
after teflon coating 480-485cfm

so we picked up 25 more cfm with the coating, fantastic!
the teflon coating cost us $100 for the pair. this does 2 things, well 3 things...

1 teflon = slippery = more cfm = more kick in the chest when you push the go pedal.
2 teflon is tinted with gunmetal color in pics below but can be tinted the light silver color we do the CAI's in, i imaging white/black and other shades between would be easy for them but i dont know how elaborate they can get if you say you want john deer green, or cranberry. so the teflon solves our finish to the product, it coats it and makes it nice and pretty.
3. it coats the aluminum to prevent oxidation = the expensive part you bought should outlast the car.

could these be purchased without the teflon coating? sure if you really really want it that way but to powdercoat them would be $20 cheaper then teflon to get done on these. I'll buy 25cfm for $20 as often as i can. this makes it a no braner for me unless yuo own your own powdercoating/anodizing/chrome shop/ect.. the only scenario i see would be if you wanted to hand polish them to look like glass. more power to you if you have enough time for that but we will nto be offering that service at this time. if it were polished you would still want to use some sort of clearcoat to protect the raw aluminum once they are polished.

1 x 1/8 npt bung is welded into the pass side manifold tube for use with a boost sensor or AIT sensor you whatever you want. there will be a plug in it incase you dont use it.

ill be sending off pm's to everyone on the list later tonight. they will ship as completed, im not sure if it will be one batch of 15 or 3 batches of 5 yet, depends on how much material we can grab this week. we will need a partial deposit on these manifolds in the $500 range. if anyone needs to work different arraingements out with us thats fine, please pm me. i do have deposits from a couple of you guys already so we are good on that. if you wanted to pay in full thats fine also but not needed yet at this point.

we're running out for dinner but here are some pictures for you and ill be back on later. we had a CAI tube, both new intake manifolds and a set of valve covers all teflon coated with gunmetal tint togather (the gunmetal ypipe is already on the car, hence not in the picture). i hope to get them installed w/in the next few days.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
im005128e.jpg (476.2 KB, 178 views)
IM005132e.jpg (305.2 KB, 129 views)
IM005133e.jpg (395.0 KB, 91 views)
im005136e.jpg (456.8 KB, 201 views)
IM005144e.jpg (324.4 KB, 101 views)