View Single Post
Old 02-10-2008, 08:08 AM
BrianBrave
<--- Huge Horsepower
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: 185mm Pulley Install

Originally Posted by SRTpowa
Any update?
Took the SRT to Gintani MotorWorks / SpeedInnovation on Saturday; almost rear ended on the way by four teenagers in Yoda with the driver on a cell phone. They got sideways, with smoking tires, but damn, but she held on to that phone. I thought for sure I was going to be demolished. Stop & go traffic in 87 deg heat so my car was steaming when I arrived.

Very nice, new shop with all new, just installed equipment – Dyno Dynamics, Milltronincs VM20 mill, lath etc. Lots of IC/HE parts being fabbed up for Mini Coopers. With all this new equipment came the hard sell. Push push push which was to say a little unpleasant. Three or Four MB owners showed up for ECU flashes at $600 a pop – no dyno runs. Gintani runs a successful business to say the least.

The bottom line is – our SRT’s are rock solid!! I was worried about running lean @ WOT with the 185 pulley – put on the Dyno, just off of stop-and-go freeway traffic – steaming hot – the first run pulled 282.2 HP with the A/F Ratio at 10.5 climbing to 10.8 at end of the run. WAY TO RICH – After several tunings, the best run was 317 HP with an A/F ratio of 12.5 and 21 PSI of boost. The average was around 308 – 309. So a conservative 20-25 hp gain from the tune. I might see a little more if my engine temps were cooler but they were hot from the start of the day until I got home last night.

I will pass on our injector part # to LET so they can upgrade and package for the MB C32. I don’t know why the difference but running lean was not the SRT’s problem with any pulley mod – just the opposite – running way to rich. We can run any pulley we want. Could this rich condition be why so many SRT owners (Still factory) aren’t seeing better gas mileage then they should?

The best news for me, with this pulley set up is has hot as my car was, and after damn near 25 Dyno runs in four hours, with IAT ‘s near max – the sensors never once tripped off the SC and I can rest my mind that I won’t run lean.

My observation on an ECU tune for our cars (SRT & Limited) - - I feel that there is a limited number of parameters that can be adjusted – if I had known that my SRT was not running lean when I installed the 185, I would have send my ECU to InMotion, Powerchip, or SI and just got flashed. Most quote around $500-$600 for the SRT6 with larger pulleys, could have saved the time and $$ for the Dyno runs.

Hopefully this information will light a fire under Erick @ LET and he’ll get these 185’s build and in your hands.

** EDIT **

By the way - My SRT Smokes - just freakin' lights up the tires - biggest improvement - 20MPH to 100 MPH - it just gets on it - throttle response and torque results are awesome.

Zero to 20 MPH needs work on my end to keep the tires from spinning so much.

Needless to say a pulley and intake are necessities.

I'm very happy and have the results that I was hoping for.

Now I MUST work on reducing the IAT’s - I'm sure I lost around 15-20 HP due to heat soak.

Last edited by BrianBrave; 02-10-2008 at 08:24 AM.