Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

178mm ASP Pulley Kit for sale

Old 12-29-2008, 06:17 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 178mm ASP Pulley Kit for sale

Because all the fast cars have them and if you want to get in the 11's you'll need something like this.

Also it's half price, cant beat that.

http://www.mbworld.org/forums/engine...amg-450-a.html

Old 12-29-2008, 10:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 178mm ASP Pulley Kit for sale

How coincidental that guy just inquired about a set of my modded manifolds.

Last edited by 240M3SRT; 12-29-2008 at 10:56 PM.
Old 12-30-2008, 12:21 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Somewhere in the back of my mind I've fantasized about using a 178 with my code3 pulley. As I remember someone tried that with his 181 (tighed1?). I wonder if that's a recipe for a destroyed engine or within the realm of off track daily driver. I guess it would depend on how cool you could get the charge. What do you think?

Old 12-30-2008, 12:39 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mr. Max
Somewhere in the back of my mind I've fantasized about using a 178 with my code3 pulley. As I remember someone tried that with his 181 (tighed1?). I wonder if that's a recipe for a destroyed engine or within the realm of off track daily driver. I guess it would depend on how cool you could get the charge. What do you think?
i actually thought about snagging this for the same reason....then i remembered there is a post i think on this forum regarding the maximum safe S/C RPM and running both the 178 and Code3 brings it to unsafe levels where the life of the supercharger is greatly diminished and is very detrimental to the supercharger.

Old 12-30-2008, 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by jturkel
i actually thought about snagging this for the same reason....then i remembered there is a post i think on this forum regarding the maximum safe S/C RPM and running both the 178 and Code3 brings it to unsafe levels where the life of the supercharger is greatly diminished and is very detrimental to the supercharger.
Thanks, I'm in no hurry anyway. Right after I bought and installed my Code3 I started wishing I had gone for a 185 pulley kit. I assuaged my buyer's remorse by thinking someday I'd add a 178 down below. Here the opportunity presents itself and I'm not real sure if I need to upgrade that fast. I don't even have a tune yet!

If it hadn't been a terrible year I wouldn't think twice but $450.00 seems like a lot of dough right now and I've been writin' checks like a maniac. Maybe it's prudent to let it go. Nice price though!

I appreciate the input! We'll have to research this a bit

Old 12-30-2008, 04:23 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Max
I called Brandon several months ago right after he started selling the code3 upper pulley. I asked him what he thought about running his pulley with my RENNtech 178 set up and he said he would not advise it at the time. He said he had done that combo on a car and it heated the air too much, I don't recall if he was on a dyno or just running on the street with a data logger. He also had told me at the time that he was planning on coming out with another code3 pulley that would be just a little bigger than his original for people that wanted to run it in combo with a 178. I have never followed up on if he had ever given more thought to making another code3 pulley just a little bigger.

Old 12-30-2008, 04:57 AM
Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Well guys I did both pulleys and ran out of fuel. With the 178 pulley Iam edging a bit over 20 psi at the INTAKE MANIFOLD sensor-----not at the WYE. The code 3 was much more and you could feel it till the motor went flat at the high revs. When I installed the data logger you saw the a/f just drop off.

THe fuel air mixture was immediately hitting 17 to one and I need to get to a tune, but the idler pulley fix has taken presidence for now.

You need much more fuel in the map to allow the pair of pulleys as the boost would be way over 20 PSI and the car will lean miss and throw codes. This is one of the first things that 2009 will bring me into, the tune and how it does.

Does anyone know if the engine at WOT is running in closed loop or open loop mode??
It would seem to be open loop, from the responce.

Enjoy WOODY

Old 12-30-2008, 07:00 AM
Received 74 Likes on 55 Posts

I'll be glad when someone gets this all figured out. My Code 3 is just sitting there begging me to install it!
Do you think that there is really a BIG problem with running both pulleys as long as you aren't running max boost/rpm but for moments at a time as in city driving?
I did not experience any cutting out and did not get any codes while running stacked at the West Coast Shootout.
Just wondering...

What's the easiest (cheapest) way to monitor A/F ratio?

Old 12-30-2008, 07:06 AM

Just looked at the picture of the pulleys for sale. Is that the old style or new style water pump pulley? Something to consider if it's the old style.

Old 12-30-2008, 07:38 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Since it says it is an ASP pulley kit then there is no 'old style' to worry about that I am aware of. That was with the LET pulley kits. That WP pulley does look very similar to the LET though.

MikeR

Old 12-30-2008, 08:48 AM
Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

I have the asp wp pulley and it is a solid beast, NTF on that one.

Running both pulleys are ok if you stay out of it, but how do you stay out of it??? The data logger is a few hundred and lots more in time to interconnect the lines to the various points, I like the Zetronix and the spread sheet of results that is outputted for data.

Woody Enjoy

Old 12-30-2008, 09:35 AM
Forum Regular

it is not safe for the s/c to run both pulleys.

see this thread: https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ight=S%2FC+RPM

check posts 8 and 14

Old 12-30-2008, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by MikeR
Since it says it is an ASP pulley kit then there is no 'old style' to worry about that I am aware of. That was with the LET pulley kits. That WP pulley does look very similar to the LET though.

MikeR
MikeR is correct.

LET's "v1" WP pulley and idler pulley are essentially identical in design to the parts offered by ASP. The one major difference with the WP pulley was LET's material choice of aluminum, vs. ASP's pulley being steel AFAIK. I believe LET decided to stick with aluminum for their "v2" WP pulley, but rework the design to incorporate more material in the stressed areas, as opposed to leaving the design alone and spec'ing steel for the material used, like ASP. From what I gather, so far so good - haven't heard of any "v2" LET WP pulley failures...

Old 12-31-2008, 05:24 AM

So is this still for sale?
Can't believe it!

Old 01-01-2009, 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by waldig
Well guys I did both pulleys and ran out of fuel. With the 178 pulley Iam edging a bit over 20 psi at the INTAKE MANIFOLD sensor-----not at the WYE. The code 3 was much more and you could feel it till the motor went flat at the high revs. When I installed the data logger you saw the a/f just drop off.

THe fuel air mixture was immediately hitting 17 to one and I need to get to a tune, but the idler pulley fix has taken presidence for now.

You need much more fuel in the map to allow the pair of pulleys as the boost would be way over 20 PSI and the car will lean miss and throw codes. This is one of the first things that 2009 will bring me into, the tune and how it does.

Does anyone know if the engine at WOT is running in closed loop or open loop mode??
It would seem to be open loop, from the responce.

Enjoy WOODY
If the setup is the same as SRT8s you are running open loop @ WOT. The fuel restrictions for us are caused by a few parts: in tank fuel pump, fuel rails, and of course...injectors. Nothing more money can't fix...

Old 01-01-2009, 11:25 AM

Injectors are about to be ordered. Dammit i hate being the first one. Well, the first one who will go public and post the results.

Old 01-01-2009, 01:32 PM

Actually your not so maybe talk to them first. Airfrc on mbworld is selling his C32 with all your mods, injectors, and more. So maybe he knows something the rest of us don't. Even has your mani's.

Old 01-01-2009, 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by cruzinquick
Actually your not so maybe talk to them first. Airfrc on mbworld is selling his C32 with all your mods, injectors, and more. So maybe he knows something the rest of us don't. Even has your mani's.
Hi Cruzinquick,

do you know why Airfrc is selling his C32? I think he posted some interesting pictures about his new IC with water-meth injection...

Happy New Year to all here on the board!!

Old 01-02-2009, 12:56 AM
Forum Regular

interesting results posted on mbworld regarding running dual pulley setup, larger injectors, and tune

http://www.mbworld.org/forums/c32-am...more-come.html

Last edited by jturkel; 01-02-2009 at 01:16 PM.
Old 01-02-2009, 05:13 PM

Thank you Josh, I was going to post here as well. I believe this fellow will find the best combo soon.

Quick Reply: 178mm ASP Pulley Kit for sale