Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

my tune, my dyno, my story...

Old 01-17-2007, 10:51 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default my tune, my dyno, my story...

first of, let me say that the people at speedinovations are first class, top notch people. i was 45 minutes late because i got a little lost and because of the rain. after razzing me a little bit, it was forgiven, but wasn't right on my part, i got a free set of high quality material and was late, so my apologies.

jesse, jose, and the guy at the dyno shop were great people. i only spoke to jose on the phone and we worked out some of the drama on this forum that was basically uncalled for, they were willing to back up their claims and did so, far beyond my skeptical expectations.

so i rolled up to the shop at 11:45 am, and the first thing i see is a brand new, bright orange Lamborghini (that the shop actually owns), a cls63, m5, beautiful 350z and a bunch of other great cars. i instantly felt like i was out of place financially, and out of line in the way i questioned the business to begin with. these people work with high dollar, high power vehicles, we are talking 6-700 horsepower, 100k-300k vehicles that frankly kick ***.

the shop was pristine, had the hottest collection of wheels i have ever seen and seemed to run very smoothly. the guys there are pretty young, probably a little older than me (24) but definitely know there stuff. jesse is something of a prodigy at constantly outwits and outworks tuners like upsolute, apr, evosport, renntech, etc. he told me they are in a gti shootout with apr and are up 10 whp with just their chip alone. he also has made 344 whp on a c32 with chip, pulley and exhaust, a kit that cost of third of the competitors.

so he tells me to follow him after i sign a couple of waivers and he hops in his dead sexy cls63 (which he is going to twin turbo to the tune of 600 plus whp, and it currently makes over 400 whp). we take about a 15 minute drive to the dyno shop which was in an industrial area in some city i have never been to before.

the shop is loaded with cool cars, including a gtr 35 turbo equipped s2k that is capable of putting out 600whp. picture a fast in the furious headquarter, lol, supercharged integras, all sorts of s2k's, cool stuff.

so anyway enough rhetoric, lets get to the meat.

so i explain to him the problem with the dyno, the fact we can't rev past 5,000 rpm. he is surprised to hear it, and even more surprised when i tell him our ridiculous remedy. jesse tells me he has a feeling he can fix the problem easily, to which i scoff, because of all the b.s. i have heard about our ecu's. we take a baseline run, and come back at 197 whp. i was beyond surprised to be making that much power, and they were fairly surprised also. this is on a dynapack, so on a dyno with rollers that equated to about 185 whp or a little more. he takes out my ecu, goes to his "magic table" and laptop, comes back five minutes later, and BOOM, instantly 6,300 rpm dynos.

he tunes the car, come back at 206, and three following runs are the same. he goes back to his magic table, works on my ecu some more (his laptop has over 30 maps for our car)
puts it back in, and we make 207. then 208. then 209. then 210. then 211.

time for more of jesse's magic. another twenty minutes, back on the dyno. 212, 213, 215,

back to the magic table. twenty minutes, back to the dyno.

218, 219, 220 whp, 243 torque. subtract for the dynopack adjustment, you are looking at probably 207-210 whp (the guy who owns the shop dynoed his stock s2k on the dynapack, ran 212 whp, then ran on a roller dyno and got 200 whp, so im assuming about a 12 whp difference).

we shake hands, i bow down to jesse, tell him he is the man, GUARANTEE him some business, if you guys don't buy these your not worthy of this car, and hope in my car.

no for in car impressions, i pull onto a long straight away, rev to 4k, drop the clutch, punch it, and leave about a 15 foot long patch of tire tracks. hit second, right into third, and in a stopwatch 5.5 seconds later im at 60. on the highway, the torque difference if fu#kin instance, i mean this is about 260 ft lbs. crank torque here.

so, the group buy price is 450 for 30 member, go tell your friends, go tell your neighbors, tell strangers you see with this car, tell anyone who will listen. the throttle is smoother, the car yanks your head into the backrest, and the experience is amazing. i love speed innovations, they are my best friends now.

p.s. keep your eyes open for headers, me and jesse are screaming...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
dyno.jpg (234.1 KB, 267 views)
Old 01-17-2007, 11:00 PM
Default Re: my tune, my dyno, my story...

here is the 2nd.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
dyno 2.jpg (267.9 KB, 146 views)
Old 01-17-2007, 11:06 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do these people have a web site? When you talk about a "third" of the price for the C32 package, just what are we talking about? Can you give us some info for the SRT?

Where are they located?

Old 01-17-2007, 11:10 PM

lol x'ed glad to hear that you love it! and i can't wait till I get mine!

now, speedinnovations is a hero on this community. spread the word!

Old 01-17-2007, 11:11 PM

They are from hermosa beach, ca. I'm sure jose will elaborate on the c32 for me.

Old 01-17-2007, 11:13 PM

and before any really observant people notice the "flywheel horsepower" look at the bottom under tcf, which means transmission correction factor, and its 1:1. that machine operates under the impression a transmission (drivetrain loss) will be counted it, but its not, because its at 1:1. this is very common and anyone who knows anything about dyno's knows this, so don't get all excited and think you made some secret finding.

Old 01-17-2007, 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by x'ed
they are from hermosa beach, ca. I'm sure jose will elaborate on the c32 for me.
are you talking abt the C32 they have recently done?

if anyone is interested, this owner "FrankW, C32 AMG" he is a famous guy in the mercedes benz community! everyone knows who this guy is. my c32 shift **** i got from him!

btw! i want to spread my mods! I need a sig on this forum lol.

Old 01-17-2007, 11:22 PM

So everyone, what do we do from here?

So who will be the first srt6 to be SI'd...

Last edited by JP@SI; 01-17-2007 at 11:32 PM.
Old 01-17-2007, 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by JP@SI
So everyone, what do we do from here?
GROUP BUY! EAST COAST!! WOOT WOOT!

Old 01-17-2007, 11:35 PM
Forum Regular

get your butt over to NY so i can crash the benz's party and get you to tune my xF hehe i kid i kid ... but seriously, i am definitely up for the tune you guys are doing here in NY or if that does not work out i will be sending you my ECU ...

i am very glad you all came through for us as there has been plenty of bad business practice passed our way in the past that has soured our appetite for modification ... your ECU tune will be my xF's first performance mod and a dam good start ... it has to start catching up to my 2.4 turbo '95 neon toy ...

Old 01-17-2007, 11:37 PM

by the way, this is a 91 octane tune, you 93 guys should see more power.

Old 01-17-2007, 11:53 PM

by the way, this is a 91 octane tune, you 93 guys should see more power.
93 yep. lol, and yeah sometimes I use 94, and awaiting my ***** to go fill up a tank of sunoco 100.

Old 01-17-2007, 11:54 PM

Few questions that might be on some people's minds

1) What risks are involved with a chipped car, meaning possible mechanical problems? (never done it before so I have some concern).

2) Can we ship an ECU, have it flashed to 91 or 93 octane, throw it back in and everything will be fine or will other things need to be tinkered with?

3) What can we expect for a 93 octane tune and what will happen if we have to put in 91 octane if 93 isn't available?

I mean I would love to get this done if we can seriously get about 20 hp out of the deal, btu I don't have the ability to get my car up in the NE. Also, I just want to cover my *** since I don't want something to go wrong with the ECU and be screwed, ya know.

Old 01-18-2007, 12:17 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by advanz
awaiting my ***** to go fill up a tank of sunoco 100.
there is a good sunoco that always has 100 octane right by George Washington Bridge that we fill our toy cars at before going racing that most of NYC/Joisey crowd uses ... you use it by chance ?

Old 01-18-2007, 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by intenseblu
there is a good sunoco that always has 100 octane right by George Washington Bridge that we fill our toy cars at before going racing that most of NYC/Joisey crowd uses ... you use it by chance ?
nope, but i would like to go try!

is there a diff!? i use the Ultra 94 once in a while, but its not much from my bp ultimate 93, so i stay on 93!, maybe next time when im around there, ima smack in a tank of 100!

Old 01-18-2007, 12:30 AM
Forum Regular

no power difference unless you have a way to advance the timing more to take advantage of the fact it won't detonate as soon ... or have a turbo car and can turn up the boost cause of the same reason ...

the 100 octane is safe for your car tho ... just dun ever fill up on the 110+ octane at the track as it has lead in it and will kill your o2 sensors rather well ...

Old 01-18-2007, 12:57 AM

i've had the chip for six hours and the mod bug has bit me. i'm going to get nos installed next week, a 50 shot. 270 whp should put me somewhere in the low to mid 13's.

Last edited by x'ed; 01-18-2007 at 01:15 AM.
Old 01-18-2007, 01:46 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i've had the chip for six hours and the mod bug has bit me. i'm going to get nos installed next week, a 50 shot. 270 whp should put me somewhere in the low to mid 13's.
aww jeese, man. going for broke ay? why not have the SI guys put together a turbo for you next. maybe you should start out with a Borla cat back.

Old 01-18-2007, 01:57 AM
Received 91 Likes on 45 Posts

I'm down but have a couple of questions.

1. Will the dealer notice and void my warranty?
2. What is the turn around time as I need my car every day. Is this possible?
3. What are the risks?

Thanks.

Old 01-18-2007, 02:00 AM

Originally Posted by Maxwell
aww jeese, man. going for broke ay? why not have the SI guys put together a turbo for you next. maybe you should start out with a Borla cat back.
i'm michael, jesse is the guy that tuned me. i would love a turbo kit, but that would cost me 10 plus k to get fabbed and everything when a nitrous kit will cost me $480 and i can get my buddy to do the install and get great bang for the buck. i've been researching the net and it seems as if a v6 like ours should easily handle a 50 shot. and like i said, 270 is great power.

Quick Reply: my tune, my dyno, my story...