Engine, Exhaust, Transmission and Differential Post questions here that have to do with the engine, cooling system, air intake, exhaust, Transmission and Differential

Tvt250

Old 04-24-2008, 02:42 PM
TVT_DESIGN
Default Re: Tvt250

14.5 would be extremely feasible. I'd aim for a 14.2 with some decent traction.

Old 04-24-2008, 03:49 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TVT_DESIGN
I can guarantee with the HP we're putting down now we will not crack the 14.0 barrier with stock drivetrain, weight, etc.

It's more realistic to shoot for a trap speed then an E.T. If we were to gut our interior and throw on drag radials we would deffinately be there, but then would that make our product anymore useful? They way this car is set up 275 HP is probably where you want to be to crack 13.999 in a 6 speed.
Hi Anthony,

I know you cant give exact figures but what would you estimate the HP with the exhaust and CAI fitted?

Steve

Old 04-24-2008, 05:32 PM
TVT_DESIGN

Just exhaust and CAI may net you 230 HP. Exhaust is really only good for 5 HP and CAI are between 8 and 12.

Old 04-24-2008, 05:49 PM
Forum Regular

Just exhaust and CAI may net you 230 HP. Exhaust is really only good for 5 HP and CAI are between 8 and 12.
sorry i meant when they were added to the whole package

steve

Old 04-24-2008, 06:18 PM
TVT_DESIGN

With our CAI we registered 210 on the dyno. This shows too things, the airbox flows very well when modded and our CAI is still making more power. This equates to 263 HP.

An exhaust may push you to 265HP.

Old 04-26-2008, 04:21 PM

There’re several MB pilots awaiting verifiable results.

Unfortunately, it’s quoted at only $1000 in his thread…http://forums.mbworld.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=239996

Kindly keep us updated.

Old 04-26-2008, 05:32 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by splinter
There’re several MB pilots awaiting verifiable results.

Unfortunately, it’s quoted at only $1000 in his thread…http://forums.mbworld.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=239996

Kindly keep us updated.
if you can find an adjustable regulator that will boost the fuel pressure then TVT can probably cut the cost down to $700-$800 the expensive part is the new injectors, but then again the mercedes benz already have upgraded injectors over the stock Crossfire which is why we run leaner than slk320's. so your price will probably be much lower since all you need is TVT's ecu map and CAI

Old 04-26-2008, 05:34 PM
TVT_DESIGN

I've gotta run the stock C, SLK, and CLK injectors through a flow test to see where they stand. If they perform the same as the Crossfire then this kit is a go for MB as well.

Please note this price includes all shipping costs.

Oh, and we didn't make it to the track last night maybe tomorrow as I'm heading back from Rhode Island now.

Old 04-26-2008, 05:40 PM

Do you have images of the modified stock air box?

Old 04-26-2008, 05:49 PM
TVT_DESIGN

All the modifications are done to the inside of the box. You wouldn't know a thing from opening the hood.

Old 04-26-2008, 07:34 PM

If you could momentarily forgive my naiveté, I’d sincerely appreciate it.

Being from the MB side, it could very well be that your setup is entirely different. Our motor’s fuel supply is a returnless or deadhead system. Hence, the pressure supplied to the injectors is entirely dependent on that generated by the pump. There is no regulator with which to adjust their pressure.

To wit:
M112fuelrail-1.jpg
M112-SLK320fuelsupply.jpg

The injectors themselves are an entirely different matter. Consequently, there is potentially substantial horsepower to be unleashed from supplying proper air/fuel ratios at WOT. stallion8797 stated, “…At 3bar the Crossfire's are rated at 15.1 lbs/hr and the MB ones are closer to 16.8 lbs/hr...”
I’ve some MB spares readily available if you’d like to borrow them for flow testing.

No worries on missing your track date. It’s happened to me far too often when business or family has taken precedence.

Good luck with your project.

Old 04-26-2008, 07:38 PM
TVT_DESIGN

If you just PM me the numbers on the sides of the injectors I can look them up in the system of flowed injectors.

We have the exact same fuel system. We're actually using a dummy fuel rail from an ML320 to build a high flow billet one from.

Old 04-26-2008, 08:56 PM

Isn't there a whole thread in here somewhere discussing this?

I was told that the regulator is apart of the fuel pump or near the fuel pump not the rail, but I will have to look at the parts manual to confirm.

I guess if there is no options for a regulator then a boost a pump might work, yet I'de rather just replace the injectors then.

Originally Posted by splinter
If you could momentarily forgive my naiveté, I’d sincerely appreciate it.

Being from the MB side, it could very well be that your setup is entirely different. Our motor’s fuel supply is a returnless or deadhead system. Hence, the pressure supplied to the injectors is entirely dependent on that generated by the pump. There is no regulator with which to adjust their pressure.

To wit:

The injectors themselves are an entirely different matter. Consequently, there is potentially substantial horsepower to be unleashed from supplying proper air/fuel ratios at WOT. stallion8797 stated, “…At 3bar the Crossfire's are rated at 15.1 lbs/hr and the MB ones are closer to 16.8 lbs/hr...”
I’ve some MB spares readily available if you’d like to borrow them for flow testing.

No worries on missing your track date. It’s happened to me far too often when business or family has taken precedence.

Good luck with your project.

Old 04-27-2008, 07:31 AM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The regulator is a part of filter assembly, and the pump flow pretty well for a stock unit. It is also located external of the tank.

The Fuel Pump draws fuel through a strainer and pushes it through the motor to the outlet. The pump contains a check valve. The valve in the pump outlet maintains the volume of fuel during engine off conditions for a short while. It is normal for fuel pressure to drop to zero after cool down. The Fuel Pump Relay provides voltage to the Fuel Pump. The Fuel Pump has a maximum deadheaded pressure output of approximately 9.0 kPa (130 psi). The Regulator adjusts Fuel System pressure to approximately 3.7 - 4.1 bar (54 - 60 psi).

Old 04-27-2008, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by Shawnkey
The regulator is a part of filter assembly, and the pump flow pretty well for a stock unit. It is also located external of the tank.

The Fuel Pump draws fuel through a strainer and pushes it through the motor to the outlet. The pump contains a check valve. The valve in the pump outlet maintains the volume of fuel during engine off conditions for a short while. It is normal for fuel pressure to drop to zero after cool down. The Fuel Pump Relay provides voltage to the Fuel Pump. The Fuel Pump has a maximum deadheaded pressure output of approximately 9.0 kPa (130 psi). The Regulator adjusts Fuel System pressure to approximately 3.7 - 4.1 bar (54 - 60 psi).
F***ing awsome, now to figure out how Vath was able to modify their regulator for higher pressure. got a part number for the crossfires fuel regulator Shawnkey? I'll have to order one to tear apart.

Old 04-27-2008, 03:05 PM

All the modifications are done to the inside of the box. You wouldn't know a thing from opening the hood.
what kind of modification is it? you cant take a pic of the inside of the air box?

Old 04-27-2008, 04:31 PM
TVT_DESIGN

That we can do. I'll post pics tomorrow.

Old 04-27-2008, 06:41 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Maxwell
F***ing awsome, now to figure out how Vath was able to modify their regulator for higher pressure. got a part number for the crossfires fuel regulator Shawnkey? I'll have to order one to tear apart.
As far as I can tell the regulator is a rising rate design. There is an air line that will adjust the pressure depending on how much vaccuum there is in the intake. Which means if you find a way to pressurize it at WOT you could raise the fuel pressure and fuel delivery.

Old 04-27-2008, 07:16 PM

Shawnkey is indeed correct. I appreciate you sharing that information. Very cool!

Fuelfilter.jpg

Now we just need to find a high performance filter.

TVT_DESIGN, PM sent regarding the injector part numbers.

Old 04-28-2008, 07:06 PM

any pics of the inside of that modified airbox?

perhaps you can sell instructions for people to do it themselves, saving us some $$ on your kit. Then you can just sell the injectors and ECU tune and the filters and whatnot..

just a thought.

Quick Reply: Tvt250