Engine, Exhaust, Transmission and Differential Post questions here that have to do with the engine, cooling system, air intake, exhaust, Transmission and Differential

Another satisfied Eurocharged customer!

Old 02-08-2011, 12:22 AM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Another satisfied Eurocharged customer!

After a long time of putting it off, I finally contacted Jerry and got my car tuned by him.

The process was absolutely painless; my biggest frustration was running an extension cord through my back hatch and into the car, because the laptop's battery is such a dog. That, and the heavy rain/snow showers. I'm so over those. Running extension cords over a wet sidewalk and into a car, minus the shelter of a garage/carport takes a whole new level of brevity. Or stupidity.

Moving along, Jerry logged into my laptop and took over from there. After a few clicks and an upload here and there, it was done. I unhooked everything, and took it for a spin. Immediately the car felt more powerful on the test drive, and the heel-toe feel has changed a bit due to the throttle being much more responsive. Not quite "Sprint-Booster touchy", but a HUGE improvement.

Between the exhaust, intake, and new tune -- the car performs with some guts now. I've been told the tune will "improve" as I log some miles on it, and tomorrow's drive to work should be a hoot (all highway). +21HP/20TQ according to Eurocharged, but I think the BHP (butt horsepower) feels higher simply due to the added responsiveness. I don't drag my car, and I didn't do a baseline dyno, but there's not much mystery as to what Jerry does with the 320 motors. All I can tell you is, it scoots.

I can't say enough about Jerry's customer service, and the professionalism of Eurocharged in general. We are lucky to have these guys on our team, and I will continue to positively advertise for these guys for years to come.

Cheers,

--John

Old 02-08-2011, 02:33 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Another satisfied Eurocharged customer!!

20+ hp increase is awesome for an N/A! Congrats!

Old 02-08-2011, 02:36 PM

I'm stoked, car feels completely different now.

Old 02-08-2011, 03:10 PM
Received 604 Likes on 401 Posts

Originally Posted by JHM2K
I'm stoked, car feels completely different now.

roadster with a stick

Old 02-08-2011, 03:10 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey, can you descibe how they connected to your car? You didn't have to put down a deposit and use their computer huh? Thanks.

Old 02-08-2011, 06:47 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

John thanks for the write up. I will be getting my NA tuned in March/April when Eurocharged does a tuning day in the Indianapolis area and I cannot wait for it! The work Jerry and Jake are responsible for speaks for itself.

Jason

Old 02-08-2011, 07:33 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by tunaglove
Hey, can you descibe how they connected to your car? You didn't have to put down a deposit and use their computer huh? Thanks.
i purchased the obdii to usb cable from jerry for 100$ and let john use it. he remote tunes thru the laptop. im tuning all the time so it just made sense to get a cable.

john glad you like the tune. i wish you could have experienced the torque curve on my 32 before i wrecked it it was unreal!! will have to put everything on the new 32 and retune again!

Old 02-08-2011, 08:05 PM
Received 610 Likes on 510 Posts

Originally Posted by 32krazy!
i purchased the obdii to usb cable from jerry for 100$ and let john use it. he remote tunes thru the laptop. im tuning all the time so it just made sense to get a cable.

john glad you like the tune. i wish you could have experienced the torque curve on my 32 before i wrecked it it was unreal!! will have to put everything on the new 32 and retune again!
I am thinking of getting a tune fom these guys and not shipping the box of tricks would be great.
Is this the correct cable?
OBD2 OBD II Diagnostic USB Cable KKL409.1 VAG-COM 409 (SZC584) - US$ 12.99

Old 02-08-2011, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
I am thinking of getting a tune fom these guys and not shipping the box of tricks would be great.
Is this the correct cable?
OBD2 OBD II Diagnostic USB Cable KKL409.1 VAG-COM 409 (SZC584) - US$ 12.99
nope. you need the cable jerry has. im on my 3rd tune so i just bought the cable from him. with free retunes it is just easier to have the cable

Old 02-08-2011, 08:19 PM
Received 610 Likes on 510 Posts

After a long time of putting it off, I finally contacted Jerry and got my car tuned by him.

The process was absolutely painless; my biggest frustration was running an extension cord through my back hatch and into the car, because the laptop's battery is such a dog. That, and the heavy rain/snow showers. I'm so over those. Running extension cords over a wet sidewalk and into a car, minus the shelter of a garage/carport takes a whole new level of brevity. Or stupidity.

Moving along, Jerry logged into my laptop and took over from there. After a few clicks and an upload here and there, it was done. I unhooked everything, and took it for a spin. Immediately the car felt more powerful on the test drive, and the heel-toe feel has changed a bit due to the throttle being much more responsive. Not quite "Sprint-Booster touchy", but a HUGE improvement.

Between the exhaust, intake, and new tune -- the car performs with some guts now. I've been told the tune will "improve" as I log some miles on it, and tomorrow's drive to work should be a hoot (all highway). +21HP/20TQ according to Eurocharged, but I think the BHP (butt horsepower) feels higher simply due to the added responsiveness. I don't drag my car, and I didn't do a baseline dyno, but there's not much mystery as to what Jerry does with the 320 motors. All I can tell you is, it scoots.

I can't say enough about Jerry's customer service, and the professionalism of Eurocharged in general. We are lucky to have these guys on our team, and I will continue to positively advertise for these guys for years to come.

Cheers,

--John
Sounds great, help with the advertising and show us a picture of the cable.
We can all get one and let these cars do their best.

Old 02-08-2011, 08:43 PM

call jerry, the cheapest i could find the right cable was 85$ plus shipping. for the few extra bucks ill support jerry

Old 02-08-2011, 11:50 PM

As soon as I can toss some fresh batteries in the camera, I'll take a snap of the USB/OBD cable. Honestly it looks like all the rest of them but this one has the pins for Mercedes... VAG-COM cables are dirt cheap, but not our Benz ones.

Steve nailed it, all I did was grant Jerry access to my laptop for a window of time, and let him drive the controls. Took maybe ten minutes and I was done. No shipping, no downtime, just quick horsepower from a good group of folks.

Pure win.

Old 02-09-2011, 03:16 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Another satisfied Eurocharged customer!

Eurocharged Remote Tuning Cable

Old 02-09-2011, 03:51 PM

For all of you that have read this thread, we are having a GTG in Houston at Eurocharged Performance. Jerry is going to feed us, do some flash tunes, dyno tunes, etc. He flash tuned mine a few weeks ago at another GTG. I could tell an immediate difference. If you are anywhere near Houston on 2/12/2011 from 9-5 pm , you should be at their shop. Look for the signup sheet on the Forum. Jerry is a great guy, really great company to deal with, they do the right thing. Hope to see all of you on Sat 2/12/2011 9AM to 5PM.

Dave
dtinker

Old 02-09-2011, 04:12 PM
Received 423 Likes on 371 Posts

If you don't mind my asking, what is the total price, including the cable?

Old 02-09-2011, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by ZERACER
If you don't mind my asking, what is the total price, including the cable?
I jumped in on a sweet one-time deal Jerry offered on MB-World... I won't say the price since I don't want to 'obligate' EC for any deal.

Having said that, I'm sure if you guys asked really really nicely, you might be able to twist Jake's arm into taking the Crossfires under his wing for a brief sale

Old 02-10-2011, 05:34 PM
Forum Regular

I jumped in on a sweet one-time deal Jerry offered on MB-World... I won't say the price since I don't want to 'obligate' EC for any deal.

Having said that, I'm sure if you guys asked really really nicely, you might be able to twist Jake's arm into taking the Crossfires under his wing for a brief sale
lol very possible...get me a few (2-3) people that will do it and I will honor JHM2k's pricing!

Old 02-10-2011, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by loungn14
lol very possible...get me a few (2-3) people that will do it and I will honor JHM2k's pricing!
You could get that on here no problem... Create a thread like you did on MB-World and you'll hit that mark, maybe even times three!

Old 02-10-2011, 11:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You could get that on here no problem... Create a thread like you did on MB-World and you'll hit that mark, maybe even times three!
Are you just trying to get your post count high before the actual marriage takes place?

You better make sure you give that pretty and very nice lady as much tuning attention as you did your car or you may see a side of her you don't want to.

Old 02-11-2011, 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by Erzer
Are you just trying to get your post count high before the actual marriage takes place?

You better make sure you give that pretty and very nice lady as much tuning attention as you did your car or you may see a side of her you don't want to.
Trust me, after a year and a half of eating ice, cold showers, and honoring the Lord -- she's going to be getting ALL the attention she'll need LOL...

In fact, the Crossfire may get jealous and I may have to buy her some shiny new objects to make her stick around

Quick Reply: Another satisfied Eurocharged customer!