Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

New dyno run.

Old 01-16-2011, 12:39 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New dyno run.

Put her car on the rollers today.
Last dyno was 310hp/310tq only mod was nw cai, run was on 90 octane.

Since then took out secondary cats, isolated cooling system, one step coler plugs, plug wires, and put a zex kit on it.

all runs today were made with 108 octane.

first run no nitrous was 306hp/310tq
due to colder plugs and the fuel octane, they created a static timming drop that resulted in no gain from before.

next pass was on a 75 shot 402hp/412tq
we expected 360-370 but due to the cooling effect it had on the charge we broke the 400 mark.

our goal was 400hp before pulley/tune now that we reached that i our next goal is 500hp with pulley/tune and with no greater then a 125shot.

Video
YouTube - SRT-6 Dyno

and sheet.
c531e149.jpg

Old 01-16-2011, 04:12 AM
Forum Regular
Default Re: New dyno run.

Nice job! Just make sure to check those EGTs...

Old 01-16-2011, 04:18 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great work man, are you using a wet or dry shot of nitrous? I'm assuming your spraying through the throttle body?

I had a dry shot set up but was only using 35hp shot and couldn't really feel a difference i've since uninstalled it.

My only worry about a wet shot is destroying the coating on the supercharger rotors, but Eurocharged say it wont so I'm starting to look into it again.

Old 01-16-2011, 04:57 AM

egt's are good to monitor with new setups but they vary with too many different things i adjust jetting by afr not egt, none the less we did monitor them on the dyno, peak was 1430* and afr on bottle was 10.7-11.4 i like to keep double power adder cars below 11.8.

and yes its wet ill never spray a gasoline motor with a dry shot, my diesels on the other hand is a different story. as for the coating, the teflon coatings only purpose is to muffle the sound of the rotors, this comming from an Eaton engineer. He said the teflon coating will wear expecially with nitrous but will cause no damage. Some of the ligntnings blowers were powdercoated and when they would flake off they would either plug the intercooler or hurt the engine, ours being teflon isnt an issue.

Last edited by daithi2; 01-16-2011 at 05:33 AM.
Old 01-16-2011, 05:32 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow, a 100 hp and tq increase with a 75 shot! That is awesome! Nice job indeed!

Old 01-16-2011, 07:12 PM
<--- Huge Horsepower
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's one sweet dynograph. A nice reward for your hard work.

Look forward to seeing the results from your 125HP shot...

Old 01-16-2011, 07:39 PM
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by daithi2
egt's are good to monitor with new setups but they vary with too many different things i adjust jetting by afr not egt, none the less we did monitor them on the dyno, peak was 1430* and afr on bottle was 10.7-11.4 i like to keep double power adder cars below 11.8.

and yes its wet ill never spray a gasoline motor with a dry shot, my diesels on the other hand is a different story. as for the coating, the teflon coatings only purpose is to muffle the sound of the rotors, this comming from an Eaton engineer. He said the teflon coating will wear expecially with nitrous but will cause no damage. Some of the ligntnings blowers were powdercoated and when they would flake off they would either plug the intercooler or hurt the engine, ours being teflon isnt an issue.
Those are some pretty impressive numbers. Gotta love "bolting on" an extra 100 horse. My only concern would be engine longevity with the pray and spray. How and where were you measuring EGTs? If you simply bolted a thermocouple to the exhaust pipe, those are saturated exhaust temps meaning it is only measuring the the temperature the exhaust pipes are absorbing meaning your actual EGTs are significantly higher. Also, 1450° F is the most agreed upon safe point for quick runs and 1200° F is considered safe for prolonged periods. Being that close, I'd make sure that you're only using this on the strip and not for any standing mile times. Just my opinion but I tend to err on the safe side. Another thing is the coating on the rotors. It's not there just for noise but also to seal up the clearances and not end up in the engine like abradable powder coating does as it leaves the leading edges of the rotors. Anything that wouldn't normally make it through an air filter is a bad thing and chunks of teflon coming off the rotors could possibly be even worse as they could get into the rings and displace the oil that normally occupies them and provides lubrication for the pistons against the cylinder walls. When you're spraying fuel through the supercharger, you're also setting yourself up lean conditions in some cylinders and rich conditions in others as the intake tract on our cars were designed for dry air charges in mind. Before we started stuffing V8s in these cars, I planned on doing a wet setup but keeping the fuel introduction in the runners on each cylinder. It costs more but you're guaranteed to have the correct mixture in each hole and still keep the gains you saw because the nitrous is being introduced before the SC, IC and IAT sensor. Just a safer way to do it as a whole.

Old 01-16-2011, 09:06 PM

The egts were measured with a pyrometer on the driverside bank before the primary cat. The Teflon coming off from nitrous is inevitable, but I've sprayed quite a few blower cars without an issue yet. She wants to push the envelope on power but if it goes, were ready.

Old 01-16-2011, 09:40 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rcompart
Those are some pretty impressive numbers. Gotta love "bolting on" an extra 100 horse. My only concern would be engine longevity with the pray and spray. How and where were you measuring EGTs? If you simply bolted a thermocouple to the exhaust pipe, those are saturated exhaust temps meaning it is only measuring the the temperature the exhaust pipes are absorbing meaning your actual EGTs are significantly higher. Also, 1450° F is the most agreed upon safe point for quick runs and 1200° F is considered safe for prolonged periods. Being that close, I'd make sure that you're only using this on the strip and not for any standing mile times. Just my opinion but I tend to err on the safe side. Another thing is the coating on the rotors. It's not there just for noise but also to seal up the clearances and not end up in the engine like abradable powder coating does as it leaves the leading edges of the rotors. Anything that wouldn't normally make it through an air filter is a bad thing and chunks of teflon coming off the rotors could possibly be even worse as they could get into the rings and displace the oil that normally occupies them and provides lubrication for the pistons against the cylinder walls. When you're spraying fuel through the supercharger, you're also setting yourself up lean conditions in some cylinders and rich conditions in others as the intake tract on our cars were designed for dry air charges in mind. Before we started stuffing V8s in these cars, I planned on doing a wet setup but keeping the fuel introduction in the runners on each cylinder. It costs more but you're guaranteed to have the correct mixture in each hole and still keep the gains you saw because the nitrous is being introduced before the SC, IC and IAT sensor. Just a safer way to do it as a whole.
I tend to agree with Rudy on this one.

PLEASE tell me your tuned for this appropriately. I have seen the ecu do a ton of things to "protect" itself only causing severe engine damage.

I also went up one jet on the fuel as recommended by renntech.

Typically with every 50-75 shot you retard 2 degrees of timing...you NEED to adjust for that...

Old 01-17-2011, 07:23 AM

No tune, with 108 the ecu did not hit any kr or pull timing. Yes anything bigger then that will get timing pulled with a tune. I just didn't bolt on and spray it, I started small and logged every hit and with the fuel and plugs I feel 75 is as high as I can go safely.