Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

its ugly but getting there... twin-charged SRT-6!!!

Old 07-06-2010, 10:03 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default its ugly but getting there... twin-charged SRT-6!!!

still have a ways to go but i am the first i believe .. need to remount the new turbo its bigger then the one i made this mount for.. some fuel mods and tune and so on but here we go

Old 07-06-2010, 10:12 AM
Received 74 Likes on 55 Posts
Default Re: its ugly but getting there....... twin-charged SRT-6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Augsta, GA??

More info!

Old 07-06-2010, 10:19 AM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: its ugly but getting there....... twin-charged SRT-6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Man, Go!!!!!

Old 07-06-2010, 10:22 AM
Forum Regular

well iv spent a bunch of $$$$ just to get this far I don't have times or hp yet still need tune and some more parts for the needswings fuel mod.. but ill be pushing 14psi from the turbo to start and I went back to stock pulley so that the turbo will have an easy time keeping up both should stack to 28psi but if that don't happen the turbo is good for up to 35psi at 750hp so i have plenty to play with... I know ppl are going to be upset i don't have more numbers but I don't have the $$$$ to get it all dun right now.. but it will be .. and ill try to keep you all up to date as the numbers come in. all the oil and air concerns are taken care of all piped in i have the oil coming from where you would put a oil pressure gauge on the front of the engine and being pumped back into the oil pan.

Old 07-06-2010, 10:25 AM
Received 74 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Eric
i have the oil coming from where you would put a oil pressure gauge on the front of the engine ...
And where might that be?

Old 07-06-2010, 10:27 AM
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Way to go! This is something I had thought of doing for some time but never actually took that first step. Glad to see someone else not only thinks the same way I do but actually is making it happen. Good luck with the build.

Old 07-06-2010, 10:27 AM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

So are you driving it? How does the car feel? (butt dyno).

Old 07-06-2010, 10:29 AM
Forum Regular

this might help for the oil pressure gauge
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ure-gauge.html

Old 07-06-2010, 10:36 AM
Forum Regular

well it runs just fine but sluggish.. i believe from needing tune and everything. not driving that much though till i remount the turbo (its very very very close to the ground).. have a buddy making me anew mount and will need to do more welding.. I do not weld but learning with this project.. Im not a mechanic so I am sure this is going to take me a while longer to complete but my friends are helping when they have time and i have learned a bunch with this my first project car ... some from messing up but hay keeps me busy

Old 07-06-2010, 11:13 AM
Received 93 Likes on 67 Posts

looking good, a couple points though...

get a real airfilter, looks like its an ebay inverted cone with the round metal disc in the middle. those discs get sucked in and whipe out turbos (and in your case can then whipe out the supercharger), grab a water resistant cover for the air filter also

use t bolt clamps and beaded tubing or you will be reconnecting hoses once you get into full boost and they blow off

Old 07-06-2010, 11:29 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: its ugly but getting there....... twin-charged SRT-6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't wait till you get it all sorted out!

Old 07-06-2010, 01:40 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: its ugly but getting there... twin-charged SRT-6!!!

Very cool stuff.

Subscribing.

Old 07-06-2010, 02:34 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks cool, nice job! How much boost will you be running? That 67mm should be good for 500-600hp without the blower. Do you have the turbo feeding right into the blower? I'm curious to see how that works out.

Last edited by downwardspiral; 07-06-2010 at 02:39 PM.
Old 07-06-2010, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by downwardspiral
Looks cool, nice job! How much boost will you be running? That 67mm should be good for 500-600hp without the blower. Do you have the turbo feeding right into the blower? I'm curious to see how that works out.
He said he is looking to run 14psi from the turbo and another 14psi (stock) from the kompressor, so 28psi all together. Though he did note that the turbo is good upto 35psi.

Old 07-06-2010, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by ZAHANMA
He said he is looking to run 14psi from the turbo and another 14psi (stock) from the kompressor, so 28psi all together. Though he did note that the turbo is good upto 35psi.
So if it makes ~350 HP stock at ~2 bar, and assuming every 14.7 psi a turbo makes will theoretically double the HP (according to the ideal gas law, since power is based on airflow).. Assuming there will be losses for temperature increase and flow restriction through the blower.. that should be good for 600ish at the crank. I'd like to see that thing in the 10's .

Old 07-06-2010, 08:48 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

this is an awesome build!! so the turbo pushes the blower? what are we looking at cost wise? im very interested in this setup! from experience you will have to beef the rear diff and possibly eliminate the carrier bearing to handle this kind of power. WAY TO GO!!!

eric i dont know squat about turbos but theres a place in the drivers fenderwell.. a panel much like the windshield washer tank area on the pass side. empty hole basically. maybe you could mount it in there out of the way of everything and completely stealth?

Last edited by 32krazy!; 07-06-2010 at 09:01 PM.
Old 07-07-2010, 12:08 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by downwardspiral
So if it makes ~350 HP stock at ~2 bar, and assuming every 14.7 psi a turbo makes will theoretically double the HP (according to the ideal gas law, since power is based on airflow).. Assuming there will be losses for temperature increase and flow restriction through the blower.. that should be good for 600ish at the crank. I'd like to see that thing in the 10's .
wouldn't 350 hp at 2 bar => 525 hp at 3 bar?

although turbos are supposed to be more efficient at high boost levels

Old 07-07-2010, 12:29 AM

im very interested in the turn out of this. awesome project.

Old 07-07-2010, 05:24 AM

Originally Posted by billvp
wouldn't 350 hp at 2 bar => 525 hp at 3 bar?

although turbos are supposed to be more efficient at high boost levels
Yeah, that makes more sense. At 3 bar it would make 150% the power than at 2 bar. I need to stop posting right before I go to bed lol.

Old 07-07-2010, 03:10 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by 32krazy!
this is an awesome build!! so the turbo pushes the blower? what are we looking at cost wise? im very interested in this setup! from experience you will have to beef the rear diff and possibly eliminate the carrier bearing to handle this kind of power. WAY TO GO!!!

eric i dont know squat about turbos but theres a place in the drivers fenderwell.. a panel much like the windshield washer tank area on the pass side. empty hole basically. maybe you could mount it in there out of the way of everything and completely stealth?
Its rear mounted where the resonator was.

Quick Reply: its ugly but getting there... twin-charged SRT-6!!!