Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Supercharger Upgrade

Old 04-08-2009, 08:49 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Supercharger Upgrade

Since there is not an aftermarket upgrade to our s/c I decided to take a chance and send mine out to one of the "big names" and have it reworked. I don't know what they can improve on with our type, but on other types they have delivered 25hp+ on just the s/c. I sent them my heads, y-pipe,intakes, throttle body and s/c for a full analysis. I'll let you all know what comes out of it ! I want more power and at this point I've done just about everything else so now it's time to go down in the pockets a little deeper and see what can happen

Old 04-08-2009, 09:00 PM
Default Re: Supercharger Upgrade

Good luck, and I'm sure you'll let us know. Why did you remove the nitrous?

Old 04-08-2009, 09:11 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SRTpowa
Good luck, and I'm sure you'll let us know. Why did you remove the nitrous?
I could not fit into many classes with it and have a chance. Most classes only allow one power adder, and the ones that allow two those cars run like 9's and I don't think I'll ever get there. Plus it was a pain in the butt with the bottle temperature babysitting and bottle changing between rounds. Don't get me wrong It was nice to blow peoples minds at the track by ripping off 10's, but I have had my fill and just want all I can get with the car without it.

Old 04-08-2009, 09:11 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MD SRT6
Since there is not an aftermarket upgrade to our s/c I decided to take a chance and send mine out to one of the "big names" and have it reworked. I don't know what they can improve on with our type, but on other types they have delivered 25hp+ on just the s/c. I sent them my heads, y-pipe,intakes, throttle body and s/c for a full analysis. I'll let you all know what comes out of it ! I want more power and at this point I've done just about everything else so now it's time to go down in the pockets a little deeper and see what can happen
You make me sick.

I love you. Finally, someone is getting off their asses and doing it.

Old 04-08-2009, 09:12 PM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad to see someone step up to the plate.

Im looking forward to HP/time results along with $$$ from this "big name" thats doing it.

Old 04-08-2009, 09:50 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There are others on here that are also exploring these possibilities. It's going to be a fast year for Crossfires. I'm looking forward to see the results. Hopefully they are worth the $$$.

Old 04-09-2009, 12:05 AM

Hats off to you! I have sent emails and taken my s/c in person to a few reputable companies but in the end the "possible" gains did not outweight the pricetag. I hope you get some nice results.

MD, i have a question. You have the fastest time w/o nitrous by a longshot, you are like 2 tenths faster than everyone else. You also claim you have already hit 400whp even though i am the only person i know of to hit 382....and thats still not anywhere near 400. I have still never seen a dyno sheet or 1/4 miles slip from you verifying your results. It would provide myself and others with a ton of inspiration that 400whp no nitrous or meth is possible. As far as i am aware of no one on this forum has documented more than 382whp and no one is near 11.6 1/4 mi.

Can you help inspire me and post some graphs/slips?

Old 04-09-2009, 12:51 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I can tell you if I ran in negative DA I would be right next to him. Especially something crazy like -1500 that most MB records are set at. My 1600' pass is easily 3 tenths faster.

Again in 40 degree weather with optimum conditions and fans,fans, fans a 400 is very possible.

Old 04-09-2009, 12:56 AM

why not use a larger supercharger? I don't know of anyone who sells a larger supercharger kit. With this larger head unit a good fabrication shop could make this work well. Just a a few brackets custom intake, intercooler, and tubing. http://www.superchargersonline.com/p...=WIP-WSC-140RB
Just think this supercharger running 20 psi with a large cam headers tune maybe even e85 you could push 600 hp, if that's not enough add a large turbocharger and tvt's 3.8 engine. They will be making a low compression version for FI engines.

Old 04-09-2009, 02:53 AM

Originally Posted by 240M3SRT
Hats off to you! I have sent emails and taken my s/c in person to a few reputable companies but in the end the "possible" gains did not outweight the pricetag. I hope you get some nice results.

MD, i have a question. You have the fastest time w/o nitrous by a longshot, you are like 2 tenths faster than everyone else. You also claim you have already hit 400whp even though i am the only person i know of to hit 382....and thats still not anywhere near 400. I have still never seen a dyno sheet or 1/4 miles slip from you verifying your results. It would provide myself and others with a ton of inspiration that 400whp no nitrous or meth is possible. As far as i am aware of no one on this forum has documented more than 382whp and no one is near 11.6 1/4 mi.

This one seems to be close to your results. 178mm+ Code3 Mid-sized Pulley
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkaA7PRdVfY

Old 04-09-2009, 09:14 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I look forward to seeing your results, any word on how long it will take before you get your parts back?

Old 04-09-2009, 09:54 AM

yeah it sounds like he might not have everything back by May 3rd??
I've heard of guys sending SC's to Steigmeier's with pretty good results with porting and polishing.

Old 04-09-2009, 10:28 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I am excited to see how he does with his new mods, I brag about his car all the time!

Old 04-09-2009, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by 240M3SRT

....Or not. Speaking for myself, I find your posts trustworthy on their own merits and appreciate your sharing of information. Others might not, but that doesn't really matter as you aren't selling us a product other than internet information.

I'm willing to settle that the best, fastest, most powerful and DOCUMENTED SRT-6 belongs to the above, and what a relief that is.

Old 04-09-2009, 01:00 PM

To 240M3SRT, Jeff's timeslips are up on Dragtimes website. If I remember right he has an 8 second camaro also, so I believe he knows his ****. I believe him. Then again I believe in a Jewish carpenter that could walk on water and rise from the dead.

The following users liked this post:
srt6Master (04-09-2022)
Old 04-09-2009, 01:11 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bombsquad56
To 240M3SRT, Jeff's timeslips are up on Dragtimes website. If I remember right he has an 8 second camaro also, so I believe he knows his ****. I believe him. Then again I believe in a Jewish carpenter that could walk on water and rise from the dead.
That's a coincidence I believe in the same guy

The following users liked this post:
srt6Master (04-09-2022)
Old 04-09-2009, 01:16 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZRtsbOkqOU I think this is him also. Note the stock rear rims. Nobody that fast is running them. As soon as I get some spare cash I'm buying a set of the Hoosier A6's that he runs.

Old 04-09-2009, 01:17 PM
ADDICTED TO BOOST

Originally Posted by bombsquad56

Well, you are kind of correct. Yes, Jeff does have a number of times slips scanned in for his N20 passes, but the 11.59 all motor pass is what I believe 240 is questioning. We all know these cars can run 10’s on the bottle, the point that needs to be proven is that one can run a 11.59 off the bottle.

Old 04-09-2009, 01:24 PM

Oh I see. Maybe he meant 11.95 instead of 11.59. Dragtimes does list him with a 11.95 without nitrous.

Old 04-09-2009, 02:02 PM
Forum Regular

Here you are. I will give you a dyno sheet once I have the chance to get a new dyno done. The last time I had one done was some time last year and I am not sure where it is. Hopefully within the next 3 or 4 weeks.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
slipmir.jpg (20.9 KB, 218 views)

Quick Reply: Supercharger Upgrade