Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

first to 500 hp

Old 03-09-2008, 06:49 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default first to 500 hp

Hello all, I don't want to start a fuss but would like to claim the stake as the first crossfire srt6 to get 500+ hp at the crank! Dynocom dynoed at 436 to the wheels with a 20% loss factor = 523.2 hp.

Old 03-09-2008, 06:55 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile Re: first to 500hp

Originally Posted by MD SRT6
Hello all, I don't want to start a fuss but would like to claim the stake as the first crossfire srt6 to get 500+ hp at the crank! Dynocom dynoed at 436 to the wheels with a 20% loss factor = 523.2 hp.
Show me the money! Show me the money! Wait. I got that wrong. Show me the dyno!

Old 03-09-2008, 07:06 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: first to 500hp

congratulations now... go set the record in dragtimes... and it better be mid 11s.

and damn thats a monstorous nitrous shot you got there...

Old 03-09-2008, 07:10 PM
Forum Regular

dyno's coming soon with and without the juice. As far as money I've laid out more on this car than anyone in history, I guarantee that! Go to sub forums (areas) then northeast, then some xfire club, they have seen my car!

Old 03-09-2008, 07:16 PM

dyno's coming soon with and without the juice. As far as money I've laid out more on this car than anyone in history, I guarantee that! Go to sub forums (areas) then northeast, then some xfire club, they have seen my car!
I don't know man if it is a competition i am almost at $10,000 and I see no end...

Old 03-09-2008, 07:17 PM

very nice!... not saying that it doesn't count but Nos is like cheating. lets see who will get 400 to the wheels first without nos. i'm in for that...
again i'm not hating on your achievement just that its not all day long power + its illegal in 50 states on the street.

Old 03-09-2008, 07:37 PM
Forum Regular

Good luck with 400 at the wheels with no nos, I'll sit here and wait till the cows come home!

Old 03-09-2008, 08:08 PM

Good luck with 400 at the wheels with no nos, I'll sit here and wait till the cows come home!
You're quite the snooty one aren't ya? Do you want a medal or something? Who cares how much money you spent on your car? That doesn't say sh** except that you like to blow cash. I'm certain that someone will, if they haven't already, hit the 400 hp mark without a bottle of laughing gas. These engines are near 350 to begin with. It wouldn't take much. Different pully combinations, a little porting and polishing, different cams, some reprogramming, and etc. So, you probably won't be waiting much longer.

Old 03-09-2008, 08:19 PM
Life is random...so am I.

Originally Posted by cgocifer
You're quite the snooty one aren't ya? Do you want a medal or something? Who cares how much money you spent on your car? That doesn't say sh** except that you like to blow cash. I'm certain that someone will, if they haven't already, hit the 400 hp mark without a bottle of laughing gas. These engines are near 350 to begin with. It wouldn't take much. Different pully combinations, a little porting and polishing, different cams, some reprogramming, and etc. So, you probably won't be waiting much longer.
Pretty much summed up exactly what I was thinking.

Old 03-09-2008, 08:21 PM
Forum Regular

I'm not trying to be snooty, but when some one says nos is cheating, they don't understand that it is not just hooking up a bottle, there is a lot that goes in to making your car accept that power. Ie. big time tuning etc. other mods. The money referance was for the post, show me the money(whoops show me the dyno).

Old 03-09-2008, 08:31 PM

there is a turbo set up being made by LET for the c32 their "STARTING" estimates are over 400 whp as well... I am sure they will fit it for the R170 as well... if there is demand.

Old 03-09-2008, 08:35 PM

I figured that, but you should know this forum by now. It's not a great idea to come on here talking about how much HP your ride has and not post a dyno chart. People are going to want to see the paperwork.

Old 03-09-2008, 08:58 PM

Congrats...if that's what you wanted to do...but why not just get a Viper of Z06? That's a lot of work. Is it tame for day to day driving after all that?

Old 03-09-2008, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by SRT6LVR
Congrats...if that's what you wanted to do...but why not just get a Viper of Z06? That's a lot of work. Is it tame for day to day driving after all that?
Don't mean to flame, but I never understand these kinds of comments.. for example I would not buy those vehicles simply because they are not made in Europe, I am sure he has his reasons.. as well...

possibly including but not limited to..
- I know for a fact only the most hardcore enthusiasts and or people with iron backs can live with the Z06 daily, like wise for the Viper
- Z06 and Viper cost um... 3 times more? but you are oblivious to that as well?
- Corvette for one are a dime a dozen with design that will be updated constantly, the viper to a lesser extent, but not so with the Crossfire
- Maybe just maybe he is a fan of the Crossfire and is not interested in most other vehicles..?

Hey MD SRT-6, why not just get a Buggati Veyron?

On a more clearer scale saying nitrous is cheating, is like saying outsourcing is cheating.. it is what it is... it is a tried and true method of making power.. that if done incorrectly can cause major damage and I applaud your barevery for being the first to try such a large shot, but now that you posted this thread you owe us some pictures and more clear information

Last edited by Sidez; 03-09-2008 at 09:48 PM.
Old 03-09-2008, 09:40 PM

People who don't have nitrous say it's cheating. It's a cheap easy way to make power with no real upgrades. Now if you want to go crazy you can make huge power gains if you have all the supporting mods. Don't hate on him for that. I do agree if your gonna claim 500 hp you gotta back it up with some proof, IE dyno vid or track vid. With that kind of power and some sticky tires you should go deep into the 11's.
My question is who will be the first to do some motor and tranny work to push this car into the 10's? I give him props for having the ***** to do what I would love to do. I just simply can't afford it right now.

And to the guy that said why not Z06 ot viper? Because I'm sure he paid less than either and now has an innocent looking crossfire that can beat up on both of them.

Old 03-09-2008, 09:56 PM

500 hp is obtainable, but very pricy. Let's raise the bar up to 800 hp, turbos only, no nOS and lot's of machine work to that motor and heads.

Old 03-09-2008, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by Maxwell
500 hp is obtainable, but very pricy. Let's raise the bar up to 800hp, turbos only, no nOS and lot's of machine work to that motor and heads.
lets see what LET accomplishes with their turbines.

Old 03-09-2008, 10:21 PM

IMO if you have the funds, you can make any car as fast as you want, but there is always someone faster. So no matter how fast or how much power you make, just enjoy what you have and be happy.

Old 03-09-2008, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by SRTpowa
People who don't have nitrous say it's cheating. It's a cheap easy way to make power with no real upgrades. Now if you want to go crazy you can make huge power gains if you have all the supporting mods. Don't hate on him for that. I do agree if your gonna claim 500 hp you gotta back it up with some proof, IE dyno vid or track vid. With that kind of power and some sticky tires you should go deep into the 11's.
My question is who will be the first to do some motor and tranny work to push this car into the 10's? I give him props for having the ***** to do what I would love to do. I just simply can't afford it right now.

And to the guy that said why not Z06 ot viper? Because I'm sure he paid less than either and now has an innocent looking crossfire that can beat up on both of them.
I have to agree that nitrous is a tried and true power maker; however, I also think it is not a permanent solution for hp. It is good for a quick blast of speed. So, I'm not going to, as you say, "hate on him," or more correctly, speak negatively about him for that. I just hope his very expensive engine holds together. American V8s are much less expensive and more accepting of NO2.

Old 03-09-2008, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by SRTpowa
IMO if you have the funds, you can make any car as fast as you want, but there is always someone faster. So no matter how fast or how much power you make, just enjoy what you have and be happy.
Yea but the ratio of cars faster than you quickly deminishes the more power you obtain.. with the power currently has I think his car is faster than 99.9% of daily drivers on the road providing he daily drives his car..

CGocifer it is not THAT expensive considering ones from salage cars are on sale on ebay frequently for no more than a couple thousand.. I think the last one went for no more than $2,100.. but I am known to wrong at times.. and well since him doing that kind of modification to the engine he is pushing the limits to what has been done.. already the crossfire is the fastest recorded vehicle to use the AMG 32 and his is probably noticeably faster..

Quick Reply: first to 500 hp